PROBLEM !!!

Anthony Smith

Slimmer 2010
Hi everyone,
as some of you may no that I officially re-started this diet this week and haven't felt hungry what so ever,

well I have a slight problem when I was in College earlier we all got told that we would be going out to a for a meal next week to a restaurant as part of an assessment, OK so I thought I would get away with a chicken salad or something,

but no the rest of the group said why not go to an all you can eat Chinese buffet !!!! LIKE WHAT !!!!!! so yeah they all agreed to go for an all you can eat Chinese,

I dunno what too do lol GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i have vowed to do this 100% till the end of March Too,

Really dunno what to do :/

what exactly are they assesing? is it a requirement to acctually eat?

if you want to stick with your vow of 100% ss till march then can you take a bar or a tetra and order water/coffee/tea while the others are eating?

Oh dear, it sounds like the worst sort of place to dine at during CD.

I wonder what people would advise? Is it possible to fill a small plate with lean meat and plainly prepared vegetables?

At some restaurants you can check the menu online or pop in before the meal, but maybe the food items change very regularly at the buffet style venues.

Is it worth doing some pre-visit research to check for a meal compatible with CD?

Hopefully there will be some better ideas than mine x

what exactly are they assesing? is it a requirement to acctually eat?

if you want to stick with your vow of 100% ss till march then can you take a bar or a tetra and order water/coffee/tea while the others are eating?

ermm not sure, i think yes, i might just have to sit there with my tea or water and my bar or something

Oh dear, it sounds like the worst sort of place to dine at during CD.

I wonder what people would advise? Is it possible to fill a small plate with lean meat and plainly prepared vegetables?

At some restaurants you can check the menu online or pop in before the meal, but maybe the food items change very regularly at the buffet style venues.

Is it worth doing some pre-visit research to check for a meal compatible with CD?

Hopefully there will be some better ideas than mine x

Yes, deffo the worst place too be while on CD, and its my favourite type of food and favourite restaurant aswell !! yeah ill check there website aswell, cheers :)

x

Do you have to go? Could you not call in sick or make up an excuse? If it is part of an assesment could you not tell your teacher you are on CD and she/he might let you sit it out? xxx

Do you have to go? Could you not call in sick or make up an excuse? If it is part of an assesment could you not tell your teacher you are on CD and she/he might let you sit it out? xxx

Yeah maybe i could ask her that, maybe calling in sick would be the best option as if i put myself in that situation then i will most probably eat, and make me eat more !!
xx

Hi Anthony

To be honest, I prefer Summayah's response. It would be better to not be having food at the buffet - if you don't start eating then you don't have to consider portion sizes.

On one occasion I saved up 2 foodpacks for a trip to a Thai restaurant - that way I had a soup for main course, and a strawberry shake for pudding (I have 4 foodpacks a day) lots of fizzy water and black coffee.

I don't know if you ever have the bouillion drink (from CD consultant or the Marigold supermarket version) but perhaps you could have one of those before you go to restaurant- helps give you a sense of having had a light soup.

Best wishes, its good that you are planning ahead x

I gotta say if i was in your situation i couldnt go because i would eat eat and EAT lol. Best if you tried to get out of it if you could. I know i know its not the fun thing to do and it would have been lovely, but hey you can go when you come off CD as a treat maybe? xxx

LOL i am just saying what i would do... by all means if you could go and could stick to having a bar or something then go, i suppose it aint fun missing out on the fun. I just know that me i wouldnt be able to go could i would eat the whole buffet ... TWICE lol :p xxx

Me too, i would just eat eat and eat !!! so yeah i think i will totally avoid it , thanks everyone for advice,

And yes Blingbabe, this site is GREAT for ideas and support i really dont know what i would do with out this forum, i think i would of failed months ago :)

xx

You could tell your teacher you have bad allergies and would only feel safe eating plain chicken or w.e... you can phone the restaurent up before hand and ask for one meal to be prepared as plain chicken :)

You could tell your teacher you have bad allergies and would only feel safe eating plain chicken or w.e... you can phone the restaurent up before hand and ask for one meal to be prepared as plain chicken :)

yeah good idea, ill decide later on today and tell you all :)

Cheers ...!

x

Good luck with the decision, it's a tough one. Personally i couldn't go, the smell of chinese food would drive me insane, it's my fav too! You know yourself and what you can handle but why do things like this always happen as soon as we decided to diet? lol Grrr

Good luck with the decision, it's a tough one. Personally i couldn't go, the smell of chinese food would drive me insane, it's my fav too! You know yourself and what you can handle but why do things like this always happen as soon as we decided to diet? lol Grrr

Tell me about it, we have never done anything like this before, but since i started CD a few months ago, we have been going out too more and more restaurants Lol,

and yes the smell would drive me mad, t'is my FAV !! :)

x

Can I ask what college course you're doing that involves going out to loads of places to eat? Sounds interesting. x :D

Come out with a food allergy or phobia! (dunno - maybe that you have condition that you can't eat while anyone is watching LOL)
Anything what would let you off the hook.

I would say that personaly I am allergic to smthg which is most commonly used in Chinese food. You can easily point blank refuse to do it due to your health issues. And no one can do anything - otherwise they would be messing with equality and diversity and that's a sticky grounds...

Good luck with it xx

Goodness me, I went to bed thinking of this dilemma because all of the suggested ideas - and the ones posted today included - are good potential strategies.

Yes, I think the relevance of having a group meal as part of an educational course needs to be considered - what would be the consequences of not turning up? I assumed it might be a Travel and Tourism BTEC or something like that, where you are learning about arranging commercial hospitality for holiday-makers etc ? Intrigued!

But the truth for me is, I would find it hard to restrain myself in a eat as much as you like buffet.

But if you are planning a career in an area that will have food temptations, maybe this is good practice for the future?! x

Can I ask what college course you're doing that involves going out to loads of places to eat? Sounds interesting. x :D

I dont have a clue why we are too, as im not doing a course related to Food at all !!, im actually doing a National Diploma In Network Management Lol ..x

Come out with a food allergy or phobia! (dunno - maybe that you have condition that you can't eat while anyone is watching LOL)
Anything what would let you off the hook.

I would say that personaly I am allergic to smthg which is most commonly used in Chinese food. You can easily point blank refuse to do it due to your health issues. And no one can do anything - otherwise they would be messing with equality and diversity and that's a sticky grounds...

Good luck with it xx

Yeah sounds like the best solution too me :) Thanks ..x

Goodness me, I went to bed thinking of this dilemma because all of the suggested ideas - and the ones posted today included - are good potential strategies.

Yes, I think the relevance of having a group meal as part of an educational course needs to be considered - what would be the consequences of not turning up? I assumed it might be a Travel and Tourism BTEC or something like that, where you are learning about arranging commercial hospitality for holiday-makers etc ? Intrigued!

But the truth for me is, I would find it hard to restrain myself in a eat as much as you like buffet.

But if you are planning a career in an area that will have food temptations, maybe this is good practice for the future?! x

Nope, nothing too do with the food industry, National Diploma in Networking lol, but yeah i think i will definitely miss this trip out :) as i would not be able to resist the temptation,

thanks guys :D

xx

Back