Problems with menstrual cycle???????

Pink starz

Sexy abs....sooon !
hi girlies, (guys may not want check this out!)

I looking for little advice? I have been having abnormal periods since cutting down carbs, be on real lo carb for 2 and half weeks but cut down before that for another 2 weeks.

In this time i have been pretty much on full time, except after about 9days acts like it going away for a day or two then is back with avengence....( really heavy etc )

I have an appointment with the doc but not until 14 nov, ( its the first they have!!) but has anyone else had any probs or is it just me, the nurse i spoke to said it could be cause of the diet, but i dont want to come off till i lost another 1.5 stone!

please let me know how are you lot on the womenly front!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It does sound like it could be your diet - dieting can affect many women in this way xxx

look on camb diet forum,its a very common side effect of dieting.
especially when you do a vlcd or go into ketosis... something to do with breaking down proteins blah blah blah...

i had probs for first few weeks on cd. i took simple iron tablets just in case.

dont worry about it unless it goes on for ages!

im having the same thing. totally diet related as im usually regular and since having the implanon implant for contraception i have nice light periods usually. now i have been sort of on since the end of the first week of my slimfast diet which is quite low calorie. some days it appears to have stopped and some it hasnt. today i have cramps a bit and am spotting. no worries tho im sure when my body has adjusted to the new calorie intake and my hormone levels have regulated again it will go back to normal. this didnt happen when i did weightwatchers so im assuming its just the VLCD's.

thanks for the feedback everyone, been to docs and they agree its the diet, something to do with extra hormones stored in my fat cells, which i been burning hence the release of extra hormones and constatnt period, oh joy!!!!

I came off diet for few days and it seems to have stopped hurray!! but i starting back on diet now doc said it not to worry about too much or if things change, oh and to take a multi vit which i already taking so back on the ketosis train for me.... I still wanna get to target for christmas, so i decided to start exercising now give me a wee extra push!!!

Back