problems with switching diets mid way through????

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by jfc, 29 July 2006 Social URL.

1. jfc

jfc Full Member

I am considering staying on CD until I reach 10 stone 4 which is the upper limit of my BMI but no longer considered overweight.

Then...to lose the remaining stone or so I am intending to switch to Slimmers world or Rosemary Connelly.

Now...my concern is this...I turn up weighing 10 stone 4 on my first weigh in at the club....can I expect a loss or a gain the following week? I mean to go from a VLCD to a diet that allows 1200 - 1500 cals a day...will I get an increase even if I follow maintenance first? I want to prepare myself in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

If you flood your system with glycogen immediately after SSing, you will put on weight straight away.
    Why not follow the maintenance plan for the vlcd that you're doing - it's the best, tried and tested way of reaching your goal weight and keeping it all off - plus it slowly re-introduces carbs so that any weight gain is minimal.
    love

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

As part of your maintenance, you should be following 1200 and then 1500 cals anyway. If you switch to a Slimming Club at that stage, you shouldn't flood your glycogen store (unless you go mad for carbs!!)

5. jfc

jfc Full Member

thanks.

I followed the maintenance last time and did indeed continue to lose weight following it. So maybe I will stick to that again.

I suppose I am imagining months of no food...lol but I know this one works best in the end and is the fastest too

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.