• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

problems with switching diets mid way through????

jfc

Silver Member
S: 14st0lb C: 10st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 3st11lb(27.04%)
I am considering staying on CD until I reach 10 stone 4 which is the upper limit of my BMI but no longer considered overweight.

Then...to lose the remaining stone or so I am intending to switch to Slimmers world or Rosemary Connelly.

Now...my concern is this...I turn up weighing 10 stone 4 on my first weigh in at the club....can I expect a loss or a gain the following week? I mean to go from a VLCD to a diet that allows 1200 - 1500 cals a day...will I get an increase even if I follow maintenance first? I want to prepare myself in advance

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
If you flood your system with glycogen immediately after SSing, you will put on weight straight away.
Why not follow the maintenance plan for the vlcd that you're doing - it's the best, tried and tested way of reaching your goal weight and keeping it all off - plus it slowly re-introduces carbs so that any weight gain is minimal.
love

DQ

Queen of the Damned
jfc said:
I mean to go from a VLCD to a diet that allows 1200 - 1500 cals a day...will I get an increase even if I follow maintenance first? I want to prepare myself in advance
As part of your maintenance, you should be following 1200 and then 1500 cals anyway. If you switch to a Slimming Club at that stage, you shouldn't flood your glycogen store (unless you go mad for carbs!!)

jfc

Silver Member
S: 14st0lb C: 10st3lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 24.5 Loss: 3st11lb(27.04%)
thanks.

I followed the maintenance last time and did indeed continue to lose weight following it. So maybe I will stick to that again.

I suppose I am imagining months of no food...lol but I know this one works best in the end and is the fastest too

xxx