Probs with Menstrual Cycle???

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Betty, 22 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Betty

Betty Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm a few days into my 2nd week on LL and seem to have come on and so has my friend and neither of us are due!!!!

How come this has happened. My friend is taking the pill and I use a patch -

Has this happened to any1 else on the forum???

Please help!!!:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I dont use any contraception but mine were days early for weeks, though this time it was actually spot on the 28 days which is normal for me.
    It sure does affect your cycle. You may also get less/more pain, be heavier/lighter than normal.

4. skinnyjan

skinnyjan Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I was spot on 28 days whereas I'm usually afew days early.. it was lighter though but dragged on a bit.. soz for the details..

5. slimbride

slimbride Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hey,

Mine came early on the first month, but have been on time ever since.

They have become super heavy and short now, as opposed to light and lengthy!

The changes are normal - dont worry!

xxx

6. Catwoman

Catwoman Full Member

Definitely sympathise .....

I am on week 9 and have had 5 periods ( and I mean proper whole week, cramps, full on periods ) in that time. I am also on the pill and my cycle has completely gone to pot. I actually was quite poorly and saw the doctor and am now on iron BUT that is extreme and think I am just unlucky, don't think I am normal !!!!! :sigh:

7. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

I am going into week 11 tomorrow and hav had some really messed up periods even though I am on the pill!

8. skinnyjan

skinnyjan Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm not on the pill... maybe the diet messes it up somehow.. weird!!!

9. Betty

Betty Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanx 4 the responses - I feel a bit better about the "cycle" situation now but still wish it hadn't arrived when I was just starting to feel really good about myself.

PMT is shocking and don't know if it in my head but I'm starving!!!!!!!!!:mad: :confused: :jelous:

10. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    "Hormone levels fluctuate when there are changes in weight-particularly in women. For most, the menstrual cycle is not affected, but some women experience increased activity and break-through bleeding may occur. Others may find that their periods stop for a while.

Once target weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again."

Hope that helps.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.