Processed meat

Dobo

Hi

I've been doing SW for 6 weeks and my weight loss is rubbish - 2.5lbs in total. Half a pount a week. Last night someone in class said that cooked chicken from supermarket deli is not free because its pumped full of "things" and to be really careful with anything you haven't cooked yourself ? I thought as long as it was lean and I removed all the skin etc. it was free. I eat ham, cooked chicken and even that reformed chicken (sounds yuk doesn't it, don't know why I eat it ?!?). Can someone clarify. I also think I am kidding myself about the amount of milk I am having so maybe these two things combined explain my slow weight loss ?

I haven't got a massive amount to lose, maybe a stone but I am been very good and don't really feel I'm getting the results I deserve.

Can anyone help please ?

D

They could be? I've not done SW for long but I doubt a few extra mls of milk would slow you down too badly. Are you having your 1/3 super free with every meal? (that's things like salad broccoli mushrooms carrots etc and NOT peas corn beans although they are free)

Maybe not as much as I should. Last night for instance I had beans on toast for tea but guess that isn't superfree is it ?
x

Baked beans are not superfree! If I have baked beans for a meal I also add tomato and mushrooms, or have lots of fruit. The 1/3 superfree is the key to success with EE and you have to do it. I find it most difficult at breakfast, so usually have a banana unless I have more interesting fruit in the house (cherries this morning, apricots earlier in the week, strawberries and blueberries are also faves!).

To help me with the 1/3 superfree I have a fruit and veg box delivered to my house every week. This helps me as I don't have to think about what I'm buying, go to the supermarket to buy it, have to eat it all up before the next box arrives, gives me variety and things I never would buy so I become creative and it's not the same old boring apples, bananas and carrots. Last night we had corn on the cob and broad beans with lean bacon. Last week it was chinese cabbage, carrot and chicken stir fry.

I don't drink milk and eat cheese for my HXa, but my consultant advises us to measure out your milk every morning (she has a 250ml water bottle) and use this for tea, coffee, cereal etc and once it's gone it's gone.

As for your chicken question - I have no idea but doubt that it would have that many syns (if any). I have roast chicken once a week and save a breast to slice up for lunches the next two days. This is cheaper than buying from the deli and I know what's in it.

I hope these tips have helped and your weight loss improves. Stick with it - it worked for me and has changed my life :)

I make a vegetable soup so I have this a starter if not having superfree in meal. Has veg soup whilst cooking family tea then we all sat down whilst I tucked into my omelette

Dobo said:
Hi

I've been doing SW for 6 weeks and my weight loss is rubbish - 2.5lbs in total. Half a pount a week. Last night someone in class said that cooked chicken from supermarket deli is not free because its pumped full of "things" and to be really careful with anything you haven't cooked yourself ? I thought as long as it was lean and I removed all the skin etc. it was free. I eat ham, cooked chicken and even that reformed chicken (sounds yuk doesn't it, don't know why I eat it ?!?). Can someone clarify. I also think I am kidding myself about the amount of milk I am having so maybe these two things combined explain my slow weight loss ?

I haven't got a massive amount to lose, maybe a stone but I am been very good and don't really feel I'm getting the results I deserve.

Can anyone help please ?

D

I've done SW for 4 months and lst nothing! I have the same as you to lose and part of it is because the body does tend to hang on to those last few pounds. I've been doing green days so now switching to red but to be honest at this point 0.5lb a week would be welcome! But I understand what you mean.

I think the soup idea is a very good one and that's what I'm going to do this week.

I recommend the 12 speed soup. Easy, cheap and makes loads. Need two big saucepans and freeze some. You will find the recipe on here by searching.

Food diaries? Body magic? measuring syns and healthy extras?

Good luck.

Back