Project 52

JezVonSavage

Lost in the Supermarket
Every year, I challenge myself to a Project 52. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's literally a 52 week project, whereby you pick a theme (it can be as tenuous as you want) and challenge yourself to work on it every week. My first 52 was to make a dress from scratch, the second was to craft a new fabric or ribbon flower each week which I then made into a bouquet for my best friends wedding. Some have been less disciplined- to try a new food every week or read a weekly book. My Mum baked a new cake every sunday of 2011, my 5 year old niece challenged herself to write a new story every week, my 11 year old nephew challenged himself to learn a new word and incorporate into his homework. Last year, my fiance took a photo of our newborn niece and at Christmas we made a photobook for relatives. It's nice to see how she changed over 12 months. You start to dedicate that time every week to your project and it becomes "me-time", plus it's a bit more fun than a New Years Resolution.

Anyway, this year I am challenging myself to make a freezable meal every sunday that will do me for lunch all week. I might focus on soup- I tend to like only pea & ham and minestrone so it would be good for me to try something new. Plus, it will give me an opportunity to try some new ingredients and stop me from buying crap from sweet shops because I've forgot my lunch again. I've already started rooting about the recipe section- I'm excited about a few already!

Has anybody else tried a Project 52??

I've never heard of it, but what a great idea!

I'll have a bit of a think.

Hmm, I wonder if I should challenge myself to a computer free day each week and do something useful with the time like complete some of my many outstanding projects - ie knitting, sewing, cross stitch, or perhaps make a couple of cards so I build up a stash.

Love the idea. I might incorporate this into my fitness goals. Hmmm. Will have to think about how / what.

The possibilities are literally endless Lucky7. My best friend is a keen walker so did a different trail every weekend. It was nice for her to get out and about and she ended up with new friends in walking clubs all over the country. I should do a fitness one too, because I'm awful with exercise!!

Jaylou- getting back to your crafting would be very rewarding. My fave has been the flower one, seeing my best friend with it on her wedding day made me feel great and everyone commented, plus had I tried to do it all in one night I would have had a seizure. Planning ahead made it so much more relaxing!

I think this is a great idea. I decided last night that I wanted to knit and crochet a load of Christmas decs for next year. I have picked several patterns to do, so I think I will make my project 52 to complete one decoration a week.

My 2012 is going to be The Year of the De-Clutter.
So I could turn that into Project 52 by saying that I will makes sure that, every single week, more stuff will leave the house than enters it.
At least one box, or bag, or shelf, or cupboard, or pile, or corner will be tackled every week.

And if (by some miracle) I run out of areas to tackle before I run out of weeks in the year (though that's not going to happen!) then it will become doing something positive to enhance the house: cleaning / tidying / gardening / painting ....

Maybe by the end of 2012 I'll have a house that is either more pleasurable to live in, or more possible to sell!

I think this is a great idea. I decided last night that I wanted to knit and crochet a load of Christmas decs for next year. I have picked several patterns to do, so I think I will make my project 52 to complete one decoration a week.

I can't knit or crochet, but I used a couple of weeks from the flower project sewing star toppers for the tree. Everyone comments on them :)

sta.jpg

Nice to see some enthusiasm about 52! I hope everyone has fun with it! Or manages to sell a house :)

Back