Project baby no. 2 and beyond

Rox5tar

Hi to anyone that's stumbled across my first ever weight loss diary :wavey:

I've never done anything like this before so I can't promise this will be the most exciting read ever, but I can't think of a better place to share my ups, downs and stayed the sames!

A little bit about me - My name is Anna, I'm 31 and live with my OH and our 2 year old son. As you can guess from the title, we are trying for another baby and this is one of my main reasons for wanting to loose weight. Having gone through one pregnancy overweight I fully understand the risks involved and need to reduce them as much as possible. Having my son has been the best, most life changing, happy and rewarding thing I have ever done. I owe it to him and myself to be a healthy mum who can run around the park, take him swimming and not be afraid to try new things. My partner is the other half of my world, he is supportive of anything I choose to do, does not judge and will eat anything I put in front of him :giggle:

I joined my local SW class at the end of June and have currently lost 7 1/2 pounds on the EE plan. Unfortunately I do not appear to be one of these people who can loose 3-4 pounds a week, I am more a slow and steady 1 -1 1/2lb looser. I found this hard to begin with but this is the longest I have ever stuck with a diet so there's got to be something in it, right? I currently weigh 16 1/2 stone and although I still haven't set my target, I hope to eventually be somewhere under 12 stone.

I weigh in every Tuesday, and I am currently having my first week where I am absolutely dreading it :( It was all going so well until Saturday, my birthday. I'd planned to have a night off (but stay sensible) to go and have a meal and a drink. But since then I have struggled to stay on plan. I've gone back to picking at rubbish and I think it will show on the scales tomorrow :sigh: Sitting here writing this has helped me refocus, and I've also put together a few 'before' photos which I will keep close by - nothing better to ward off those evil shortbread chocolate chip cookies than looking at my spare tyres!

Thanks for reading if you got this far! I'll be back on tomorrow to report on my weigh in. Apparently drinking lots of water can flush some of the bad stuff away... sounds like a myth to me but will try anything... glug glug glug!

Anna x

Good luck! I'm 28 and have a 2 year old too. I'm planning on having another baby sometime next year but like you, do not want to be over weight during this pregnancy, so I'm trying to lose the weight and be healthy before we try again (it also took a long time to conceive last time so I'm hoping weight loss may speed the process up)
Hope your journey is a happy and healthy one xx

Hi thanks for the words of encouragement Tishbish :) You look like your well on the way to getting to goal, well done so far! I came off the pill and caught straight away with my son, and I was heavier than I am now :confused: We've only been trying for a couple of months though, and not really trying that hard either :eek: hehe!

Slight change of plan for me today, I have decided to go it alone. I didn't go to my group tonight, I will now be weighing in myself at home. I never found the image therapy particularly useful or interesting, and it seems silly spending £5 a week to go and stand on someone else's scales when I can do it at home! So I will put the £5 aside each week and put it towards a treat when I reach my targets. Speaking of which, I need to sit down and work out some mini goals, the first one really should be to get into the 15's. And then Club 10 -16 1/2lbs to go till that one!
I usually went to group before dinner so want to continue weighing myself at this time, so WI for this week will be tomorrow. Had a better day on plan today and the last bit of my birthday cake from the weekend has gone - phew, one less temptation out of the way! Breakfast today, as most days, was fruit and yoghurt, for lunch I had a chicken mugshot, fruit and 2 alpen bars (HEXB), and dinner was SW spaghetti and meatballs with grated cheese (HEXA). To finish, I've just had a toffee mullerlight with a fun size packet of malteasers thrown in (5 SYNS). I do look forward to my night time treat, I find this helps me behave during the day :)

It took us 19 months!!! I don't think I'll ever be the type to catch first time. Never mind, all worth the wait :)
I don't go to class either, I was never keen on sitting around in a circle and clapping at people.
Your food sounds nice but I'd be starving just having a mug shot for lunch!! Good luck for weigh in xx

Hi Anna,

Well done on starting your journey! I am also losing weight so we can try to have a baby so far we have been trying for 4 years but to no avail I have recently found out I have PCOS and i am no longer ovulating, so to fit the criteria for IVF i need to have a healthy BMI, I am currently 16 stone 0.5 starting at the end of May at 17 Stone 13.

Well done on losing 7.5 pounds slower is diffently better as you have more chance of keeping it off, I personally couldnt go it alone as i use the fact that i have to weigh in in front of others as an extra encouragement to lose the weight plus the ladies in my class and the consultant are lovely and very encouraging!

Hope your weigh in went well and good luck on your journey xxx

It took us 19 months!!! I don't think I'll ever be the type to catch first time. Never mind, all worth the wait :)
I don't go to class either, I was never keen on sitting around in a circle and clapping at people.
Your food sounds nice but I'd be starving just having a mug shot for lunch!! Good luck for weigh in xx

Yes certainly worth waiting for, although I do hope it happens sooner rather than later. I've just turned 31 so feel a bit like time is against me.

Had a bit of a problem with my weigh in tonight, the scales broke :eek: Not due to my fat ass though, honest! They have been in the bathroom by the bath for ages and my son makes such a mess when he has a bath, I think they got too wet and just keep saying error now. So will need to call off at Argos tomorrow to pick up some new ones.

Food today has been Weetabix with fruit and milk for breakfast (HEXA & HEXB), fruit for lunch and eggs, beans and SW wedges for dinner. Followed by hartleys jelly mixed with a vanilla mullerlight, oh and more bloody fruit :rolleyes: Hardly used any syns today so will go and raid my malteaser stash in a minute :) I've had a good couple of days now and not really eaten a great deal, I do usually need more than just a mug shot or fruit for lunch but I've been quite busy out and about.

Hopefully back tomorrow with my WI results!

Last edited:
Hi Anna,

Well done on starting your journey! I am also losing weight so we can try to have a baby so far we have been trying for 4 years but to no avail I have recently found out I have PCOS and i am no longer ovulating, so to fit the criteria for IVF i need to have a healthy BMI, I am currently 16 stone 0.5 starting at the end of May at 17 Stone 13.

Well done on losing 7.5 pounds slower is diffently better as you have more chance of keeping it off, I personally couldnt go it alone as i use the fact that i have to weigh in in front of others as an extra encouragement to lose the weight plus the ladies in my class and the consultant are lovely and very encouraging!

Hope your weigh in went well and good luck on your journey xxx

Hi and thanks for the message :) Everyone seems so friendly and supportive on here, I really don't think I'll miss going to class. Wow your doing really well with your weight loss, it's so encouraging to see that the plan works.

Sorry to hear you have PCOS. My GP (now ex GP) was previously a gyno consultant at the hospital. I have always suffered with irregular periods from about the age of 16, and was convinced I couldn't have children. I went to my GP about my periods and he told me he was almost certain it was polycystic ovaries but sent me for tests and scans to confirm. All the tests were negative and nothing was visible on the scans, but my GP still told me I could not conceive naturally. So I went away and stopped taking the pill and well, if you can believe the dates, I caught for my son a week later! Obviously everyones different but in my opinion, doctors are not always right. I also think stressing out about getting pregnant is a major factor too, although I'm starting to get impatient already. But that's just me all over!

Good luck with your weight loss journey too, I'm sure you'll be down to a healthy BMI in no time. And try and keep an open and relaxed mind about conceiving x

Yay finally managed to weigh in tonight :) But only lost 1/2 pound :( Not really happy about such a small amount but I was sort of expecting it after a bad few days during and after the weekend. Plus I'm getting horrible period pains so I could be retaining water too I guess.

Another good day on plan today, breakfast - weetabix with fruit and a mullerlight (HEXB), lunch - apple, banana & orange, dinner - turkey mince spag bol followed by jelly and fruit (1/2SYN). The plums on my tree are finally ripe, so I scoffed 4 of them! And I've just eaten a caramac (8 SYNS) with a nice cuppa tea mmm mmm mmm! Just realised I haven't had a proper HEXA today, although I have had milk in tea. I've always wondered if it really matters having the full amount of healthy extras though? I can't see the point in eating/drinking for the sake of it.

Had a few dieting conversations with various people today, firstly a lady who I work with said she was doing the 'egg' diet and she'd lost 3lb in 3 days! It never fails to amaze me what stupid diets people will follow just to get a quick fix. I'm just glad I don't have to sit by her :sign0137: Another man I spoke to was absolutely raving about SW, he lost 3 stone quite quickly but didn't have ANY syns. I don't think I could do that, I need my little choc hit everyday!

Last edited:
Another 100% day on plan today, go me! Had a few more syns than usual but still stayed below 15.

Breakfast - Fruit and mullerlight yoghurt
Lunch - 4 WM crackerbread (HEXB), 1 tsp low fat spread (1SYN), ham, 2 boiled eggs, tomato's and cucumber, 1/2 bag french fries (2SYNS) and a small sausage roll (3SYNS). I was hungry!!
Dinner - Cous cous with mixed veg and gammon
Snacks - mullerlight, malteasers (5SYNS), plums, apple and about 10 jelly tots (about 2.5SYNS)

Today's food:
B - 2 slices WM bread (HEXB), 2 tsp low fat spread (2SYNS),1 tsp marmalade (1/2SYN) and melon
L - left over cous cous with gammon, 2 boiled eggs, tomato and cucumber
D - Chow mein from the chinese (7SYNS) and SW chips
S - mullerlight yoghurt, malteasers (5SYNS), and some home made plum crumble - oops! not sure how many syns in this but I'm guessing at least 10 for the small portion I ate. My HEXA for today was 175ml whole milk used in tea.
Total syns for today = 24 1/2

Oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Back