Proper gravy?

Dirtycellar

How do you syn proper gravy?

I make mine with the meat juices from whatever it is were having with some flour, gravy browing and veg water.....

Anyone?

Dirtycellar said:
How do you syn proper gravy?

I make mine with the meat juices from whatever it is were having with some flour, gravy browing and veg water.....

Anyone?

I am guessing here - but if the meat is fat free and veg water is free all you needto SYN would be your flour and possibly your gravy browning - what is gravy browning?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tbh not sure of the ingredients :) will check. Usually chicken, so use the juices from that.

Dirtycellar said:
Tbh not sure of the ingredients :) will check. Usually chicken, so use the juices from that.

Juices - provided the fat has been removed - should be free

I am lazy and use Bisto best - lol

Kx

Well chicken
Doesn't have fat :)

This gravy is muuuch better than bisto. Tastes amazing!!

Dirtycellar said:
Well chicken
Doesn't have fat :)

This gravy is muuuch better than bisto. Tastes amazing!!

Really - what do you do ... Exactly - I can be converted - lol - well I don't do chicken - but my family do

Kx

Well after roasting the meat, either use the meat tray or pour the juices into a saucepan. Add a couple tablespoons flour. Whisk together into a roux sauce. Add a bit of gravy browning to colour, a few drops is enough. Then put on heat and add some water used to boil veg, I steam most things but boil potatoes. Add a bit at a time and it will thicken when boiled. Add more water then if necessary. It's trial and error with thickness. If you've roasted veg with the meat, carrots, fennel, garlic, celery etc, mashing and adding to the pan then straining adds more lively flavour and needs less flour. :)

Dirtycellar said:
Well after roasting the meat, either use the meat tray or pour the juices into a saucepan. Add a couple tablespoons flour. Whisk together into a roux sauce. Add a bit of gravy browning to colour, a few drops is enough. Then put on heat and add some water used to boil veg, I steam most things but boil potatoes. Add a bit at a time and it will thicken when boiled. Add more water then if necessary. It's trial and error with thickness. If you've roasted veg with the meat, carrots, fennel, garlic, celery etc, mashing and adding to the pan then straining adds more lively flavour and needs less flour. :)

Thankyou

Plain or SR flour is 3.5 syns per tblsp
Does it serve a lot of people ?

Kx

Depends on how much flour/water you use. :) about 2 heaped tbsp will serve 6....

Dirtycellar said:
Depends on how much flour/water you use. :) about 2 heaped tbsp will serve 6....

That's not too bad at all then

Kx

Back