Propoints in Indian food?

Fattack

Likes to eat
Hello everybody

My eating out guide for Pro Points hasn't arrived yet, and I was wondering if somebody could help me. I'd like to know the propoints in Indian Restaurant dishes because I'm going for a meal tomorrow and I really don't know what I can and can't have, or even if I can go! (It's a last minute deal and I don't have that many weekly points left).

Thanks in advance

Fattack said:
Hello everybody

My eating out guide for Pro Points hasn't arrived yet, and I was wondering if somebody could help me. I'd like to know the propoints in Indian Restaurant dishes because I'm going for a meal tomorrow and I really don't know what I can and can't have, or even if I can go! (It's a last minute deal and I don't have that many weekly points left).

Thanks in advance

Do you have esource? Could tell you there.

I've already looked on esource, and not really had much luck as the values for generic Indian food isn't there- only branded foods. So if somebody could post the values from the new Eating Out Guide, I'd really appreciate it :)

I have the eating out guide for the PP plan, but for some reason the PP is different from the new plan.

If you have the new book when you had your first PP meeting its in the pocket guide on page 52.

Let me know if you need the values?

after seeing you saying they're different I had a wee look and, for example, in the pocket guide, a prawn biryani is 14, in the eating out guide, it's 29. That is a massive, massive difference! I am pretty appalled by that.

after seeing you saying they're different I had a wee look and, for example, in the pocket guide, a prawn biryani is 14, in the eating out guide, it's 29. That is a massive, massive difference! I am pretty appalled by that.

I know, I was going through the books last night after my first PP meeting and having bought the calculator, eating out guide etc.

When I was reading through the pocket guide I came across the Eating out section in there. When I went to the eating out guide and compared them they are totally different, not one item is the same?? Is this a error or ? ....

I just phoned customer services. Apparently WW "are aware". Their advice is to "use the calculator". I tried to explain that while this is fine for shop bought food with nutritional values, the whole point is that it's the eating out guide so you can't use the calculator. She said.... "we advise you to use the calculator". We went around this circle a few times before I gave up...

I just phoned customer services. Apparently WW "are aware". Their advice is to "use the calculator". I tried to explain that while this is fine for shop bought food with nutritional values, the whole point is that it's the eating out guide so you can't use the calculator. She said.... "we advise you to use the calculator". We went around this circle a few times before I gave up...

Use the calculator !!!! How can you use the calculator if your going to a chinese or a indian restaurant. So are you saying that the PP values are all incorrect in the eating out guide or the pocket guide? You think a big organisation like WW would not have this trouble !

I'm pretty unimpressed by the whole thing, and the customer service experience. Ok she was nice and friendly, but basically she told me crap. She didn't say which was wrong, just that WW were aware there was a problem.
I think I will just go by the eating out guide as it seems to have the higher values. But that doesn't sit well with me either to be honest... I don't mind taking the higher value when you're talking a point or two... but 15 points?? that's over half my daily allowance!!

Exactly, thats what im saying. I will also stick to the eating out guide as its higher, better to be over valued than under I guess, but this is not right. Especially when people like us pay for the materials.

Haha, do it! And let us know. Maybe ill give them a ring too and give them a piece of my mind!

I would LOVE the eating out ProPoints values please! I do online at the moment so I don't have any material from the meetings so it'd be a really great help!

Give me your menu what you want to eat and ill do it. And do you want them from the Proper eating out guide or the Pocket guide,the proper eating out guide values are higher for some reason. Take you pick :)

Dear Weight Watchers,
I feel the need to email you in addition to the unsatisfactory phonecall I have just made to your customer services department.

With much trepidation and scepticism, I have decided that I will embrace the new ProPoints plan, despite having had so much success and being so used to the discovery plan. Having done the plan for a number of months, I am used to having a fairly accurate idea of the points values in food when I eat out. As such, one of the first things I purchased for the new plan was the eating out guide, in addition to my calculator.

The calculator is, without a doubt, the most valuable product provided, especially with the inaccuracies in the points values listed in Esource (which I anticipate being no different with ProPoints). I will always use the calculator to find ProPoints values if I have nutritional information.

However for obvious reasons, the one time it is not possible to do this is when eating out. Hence the immediate purchase of the eating out guide.

I have just started to look through my eating out guide, preparing for the weekend ahead. I have also been reading through my new file I received at my meeting, including the pocket guide, which (so I thought) very helfpully has a few points values for some of the "main" places to eat out.

Imagine my surprise at reading in my pocket guide that a prawn biryani as 14 points... then finding that in my eating out guide, it is 29 points (both apparently for a regular main meal portion). I choose this example as it is a massive 15 point discrepancy, but I could give you a whole list of similar examples if I was so inclined.

Rarely one to complain, on this occassion I decided to phone customer services. I am aware that this is a brand new plan and will have some problems to iron out, but a discrepancy that is over half of my daily points allowance is unacceptable.

I was told that WW are aware of this problem. I was then advised to use my calculator. I tried to explain that, the whole point was it was the EATING OUT guide, and therefore for use on occassions when I cannot use my calculator. I was told... to use my calculator.

While I am aware that WW cannot cover every occassion, since one of the main "advantages" of WW is the ability to go out for a meal with friends, and not stop leading your life as it is, the fact that I now feel I cannot eat out without worrying about massive discrepancies such as this is a massive downer for me.

I have had a lot of success with WW and I do not wish to discount this. However I am currently disappointed both with the new plan, the new products, and the unhelpful and dismissive treatment I received when calling customer services.

Best regards,

I will be interested to see what they say :)

Fattack there's a whole heap of values in the eating out guide, is there any specific ones you want?

Dear Weight Watchers,
I feel the need to email you in addition to the unsatisfactory phonecall I have just made to your customer services department.

With much trepidation and scepticism, I have decided that I will embrace the new ProPoints plan, despite having had so much success and being so used to the discovery plan. Having done the plan for a number of months, I am used to having a fairly accurate idea of the points values in food when I eat out. As such, one of the first things I purchased for the new plan was the eating out guide, in addition to my calculator.

The calculator is, without a doubt, the most valuable product provided, especially with the inaccuracies in the points values listed in Esource (which I anticipate being no different with ProPoints). I will always use the calculator to find ProPoints values if I have nutritional information.

However for obvious reasons, the one time it is not possible to do this is when eating out. Hence the immediate purchase of the eating out guide.

I have just started to look through my eating out guide, preparing for the weekend ahead. I have also been reading through my new file I received at my meeting, including the pocket guide, which (so I thought) very helfpully has a few points values for some of the "main" places to eat out.

Imagine my surprise at reading in my pocket guide that a prawn biryani as 14 points... then finding that in my eating out guide, it is 29 points (both apparently for a regular main meal portion). I choose this example as it is a massive 15 point discrepancy, but I could give you a whole list of similar examples if I was so inclined.

Rarely one to complain, on this occassion I decided to phone customer services. I am aware that this is a brand new plan and will have some problems to iron out, but a discrepancy that is over half of my daily points allowance is unacceptable.

I was told that WW are aware of this problem. I was then advised to use my calculator. I tried to explain that, the whole point was it was the EATING OUT guide, and therefore for use on occassions when I cannot use my calculator. I was told... to use my calculator.

While I am aware that WW cannot cover every occassion, since one of the main "advantages" of WW is the ability to go out for a meal with friends, and not stop leading your life as it is, the fact that I now feel I cannot eat out without worrying about massive discrepancies such as this is a massive downer for me.

I have had a lot of success with WW and I do not wish to discount this. However I am currently disappointed both with the new plan, the new products, and the unhelpful and dismissive treatment I received when calling customer services.

Best regards,

I will be interested to see what they say :)

Fattack there's a whole heap of values in the eating out guide, is there any specific ones you want?

Thats brilliant, let me know what they say to that !!!!

Ok this is going by the eating out guide (the higher values)

CHICKEN
biryani- 37
ceylon- 30
dhansak- 30
dopiaza- 25
jalfrezi- 24
kashmir- 30
korma- 24
madras- 27
pasanda- 25
saag- 23
tikka (8pieces)- 14
tikka masala- 23
vindaloo- 23
tandoori chicken (half)- 15

LAMB
biryani- 40
korma- 34
pasanda- 34
rogan josh- 29

RICE
pilau- 16
basmati- 12
plain boiled- 12

NAAN
pashwari- 18
plain- 12

PLEASE NOTE- values for mains (apart from biryani dishes) are WITHOUT rice or other accompaniments

I can't believe there is such a big difference in the points between the eating out guide and the folder. I've always relied heavily on my eating out guide so will be interested to see what the response is to your email.

Back