Protein - building muscle mass

I know I know it will be worth it :)

Yep, always is :)

damn straight brah :D
ill be strutting my thing on miami beach come june 2010 :D

Haha, fair play!! Good on ya!! And bein able to do it on Miami beach makes me jealous lol.

I'm looking forward to shedding loose skin, tightening and toning! Learnt today that you actually can cure it by loosin further weight until nearly all fat is gone (as the loose skin is generally left over clumps of fat within folds), and also that the muscle u lose during weightloss (far more than the fat) drops the skins support giving it a droop.

So heres to hard work and no surgery lol

About the calorie intake with proteins - you can opt for amino acids in tablet form instead. They have same protein (or even better because different amino acids are balanced unlike in natural protein/whey et cetera), but virtually no calories except for the protein itself - like 12 a dose or so. Shakes have much more usually, many as much as 100-150/dose.

Thanks for the info Aldwyn! Thats the sort of thing i've been trying to get my hands on before puttin my calorie intake back up, great, will definately check them out now :)

just checked my BMR
and in order to maintain my weight i need to consume 2869.12 calories a day thats with the exercise im doing, as im on a 1000 calorie deflict as it is

You know, no matter how precise you are with your macros, you are not going to bulk on 1200 kcal a day (I'm assuming you're having that every day, not calorie cycling or anything?). You might get some initial gains, which I assume you've had based on what you've said in your first post, but if you want to continue to build muscle it's not going to happen while you're still on 1200 kcal. Just a heads up :)

Kate its true in order to bulk you need at least 2000-3000 calories a day thats if bulking, 1200 calories will do nothing but drop weight, if gains will be made they will be minimal i'm sure :D
btw kate you a gym instructor or nutritionist

I'm a PT.

I heard it can take something like 45,000 kcals for a man to gain a pound of muscle, but don't know how accurate that is

I guess much would depend on fitness level, since some can gain muscle relatively easily at the very beginning. Also macros, type of training, how they spread those cals out (sort of not 45000 in one go :D) etc

Kate?

good stuff kate :D

Thanks for all the info peeps, I know my calorie intake is a major player in this, just not ready to increase it too much again yet, once the excess fat is gone i can start it properly in order to bulk up, 45000 Kcal really does put it into perspective lol.

what do you want to get down too before you start bulking?
are you looking to be something like brok lesnar or more like gsp?

I have lately noticed gain in my arms again which is good :) this is since i upped my healthy fats a bit more and started having what I call my weight training days twice a week, consisting of about 1600-1800kcal and 150-200g of protein (mixture of the whey shakes/fish/poultry etc), and give my arms a good workout. My other days im back to 70 - 100g of protein and 1400kcal, and running couple miles incline on the treadmill, so not a bad routine, its working at the min.

Haha I dont think id ever wanna get as big as brock mate, its like a gorrilla in human form, GSP is ripped good and proper though! That I wouldnt mind.....some day eh lol.

Back