Protein shake

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by vetgat, 10 February 2009 Social URL.

1. vetgat

vetgat New Member

HI Guys

What is the best protein shake out there to replace some meals when you don't have time to cook.

Thanks

Jo

Last edited: 10 February 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sarah_P

Sarah_P Happy to be slim at last

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi Jo, I am using shakes from Exante, which you can buy online. But you do have to mix them and they aren't particularly cheap. Website is exanteinc.com. I believe that Atkins do some carton shakes don't they?

4. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Tesco sell low carb shakes or at least they used to. Or you can get a range of them from www.lowcarbmegastore.com

I make my own and take it in a flask - usual one is egg white powder (or you can use soya protein powder, holland and barratt sell it), coconut milk and sweetener whizzed in a blender. You can add some cocoa or raspberries if you have the carbs to spare. You can get egg white powder in the baking section of most supermarkets.

5. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I use avdilites dietmeal shakes... you can get a big pot, they taste good & mix well with water... you can also make them into mousses etc.x

6. sherby

sherby Full Member

I think I should have started a new post with this so sorry if it is in the wrong place. I didn't think.

Hi there

I know that some of you would advise against the low carb shakes but I was wandering would it be okay to have say 3 tesco low carb shakes a day and a evening meal. I would make my carbs upto about 25 grams a day. The reason being I lose weight more quicker on low carb but I can't be doing with eating protein and meat every single day at every meal. I am not hungry on this type of diet and sometimes I end up making food just because I need the nutrients. I think the shakes will make the low carb way of eating easier for me.

What do you think?

Thanks

I am currently on Slimming World but I need to lose weight a bit quicker. I usually lose 9lbs in my first week of low carbing but I don't end up sticking to it because I can't eat all that meat and protein. I end up usually going vegetarian lol but I should be able to manage one meal a day with meat, chicken or fish.

7. ditzeeblonde

ditzeeblonde Call me Linzi...

Start Weight:
    21st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st1.5lb(47.25%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    The only thing I would say to that is that you should take a multivitamin with that as those type of shakes aren't food replacements.

Wish my tesco's did those shakes! x

8. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

The only thing I would say is that you might be a bit low on fat if you do that. Agree that a multivit is a good idea. Have you looked at Rose Elliott's book "The Vegetarian Low Carb Diet"? You can get it second hand at Amazon for about £3.50. It has quite a few good meal ideas in it that are veggie/vegan and low carb.

9. sherby

sherby Full Member

Hi there

I will take the multivitamin but the Tesco ones that I have are fortified with vitamins and minerals.xx

I will have a look for the book too.xx

10. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Have you tried the tesco ones by the way? I have them on standby in case I'm not able to get a low carb meal. They are not very nice. Better than not eating or eating something unsuitable though and I'm not very organised with pack-ups!

11. sherby

sherby Full Member

Aw I haven't yet lol. I bought a batch today. Thanks for all your help lovely people.xx

12. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Just hold your nose, drink em down and remind yourself you're losing weight ;)

13. sherby

sherby Full Member

14. sherby

sherby Full Member

Hi everyone

I have tried the tesco carb control strawberry and they are very nice and very filling lol. :)

It wouldn't do any good for us all to be the same would it lol? xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.