protein shakes

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Hi

I've noticed alot of you mention protein shakes. I looked in Morrisons yesterday but couldn't see them (not sure what I was looking for to be fair!! :rolleyes: )

Where do I get them from? What are they? How often can you drink them?

Sorry to be a nuisance, coming to the end of my first week and don't feel I've got the hang of this Atkins mullarkey!! :D

thanks in advance!
x

you can buy atkins shakes from boots, but I just bought some protein isolate powder 1kg,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nutrisport...8OMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319310625&sr=8-1

protein powders can be expensive, but this ones cal count is low and carb count is lower than the atkins' shakes apparently and it works out much cheaper than the atkins, and all the other protein powders I have seen. The reviews are mixed on the taste, but if it tastes really rank i'm sure I can flavour it a little some how, i'll let you know what it's like when I try it out next wednesday or thursday :)

you can check out other protein powders at health food stores like holland and barrett too, I don't think most supermarkets tend to stock them :)

Thank you!! :)

Atkins shake tubs are cheapest on boots.com cheaper than all of the other sites. I also use my old scoop and serving rate with the new formula. I think it's a total con that they have provided a larger scoop and upped the dose rate. You go through the tub quicker lol

I get my Atkins shakes via Amazon as there's a repeat order discount... Not sure how it compares to boot.com but worth having a look... Mine come every month so I don't have to remember to order them :)

They are about £11 a tub on boots.com, and I just collect them from my local store so there's no delivery charge

i just got some the other day in holland and barrett, very low carb, and in the penny sale too, so got 2 tubs for £12.

You can make pancakes with low-carb shake powder. There are a thousand recipes out there but a very simple one is to take 1-2 scoops of powder, a couple of tablespoonsful of cold water, and one egg. Mix together thoroughly and fry in very shallow oil.

These pancakes can be made even better by adding a scoop of almond flour (ground almonds) or soya flour. You can add melted sweetener or granulated Splenda for a sweeter taste.

Yummy breakfast or lunch or evening snack treat!

Great idea girly!! I will try but after I've lost a further 8lbs as I want to be in the 16s by December! :)

this is news to me!
so i can get protien powder and replace all my foods with shake a bit like slimfast is that correct?

I think if you replace all food you're probably doing more of a vlcd/tfr plan. I only replace 2 meals, and take a multivit

Back