Protein/veg lunch ideas?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm going to start having 3 a day and a meal to make this order last a little longer before pay day. Any ideas of good lunches I can make with the protein and veg?

I'm going to start having 3 a day and a meal to make this order last a little longer before pay day. Any ideas of good lunches I can make with the protein and veg?

I live baked salmon fillet with mashed cauli and broccoli (with lots of pepper)

I was thinking about this today, could do a cracking warm salad with chicken, bit of beetroot for interest, chargrill the peppers - that kind of thing :)

I've just had home made chicken burgers made with minced chicken, garlic, ginger, chilli and coriander. Served with 0% yogurt mixed with garlic, spring onion and coriander.

Amazing!

Is beetroot on the allowed list?

Hi caroline beetroot is not on the official list but similar carbs to mushrooms. I've been reading too many lists!

They might add a bit of colour to your salad as well and pickled beetroot will add some flavour reducing the need for extra dressing. x

Grrrr Ricki!!!! I thought I was going a bit bonkers, couldn't remember that being on the list I gave you! :D

Had a mail back from Rob overnight - beetroot is ok :)

Ah great, thanks :)

I take most days to work baby cauliflower and greens with lord of seasoning,then I take salmon or chicken in another pot. I heat it up and throw a pack on top at lunchtime! Mmmmm.

Eggs - any which way!

I guess it's ok, don't think there's carbs in vinegar - as to how much, guess it sits somewhere in the 200g veg limit? Just remember though if you've not had any for a while and then you have quite a bit - don't do the being alarmed when you have a loo break like I've done many a time :eek:

Oh that's great I've been trying to think of a dressing to have with chicken salad to stop it being so dry and I love beetroot so I can't wait, it's already added to my shopping list :) x

Oh that's great I've been trying to think of a dressing to have with chicken salad to stop it being so dry and I love beetroot so I can't wait, it's already added to my shopping list :) x

Try the yogurt I mentioned earlier, really delicious x

kellmo said:
I've just had home made chicken burgers made with minced chicken, garlic, ginger, chilli and coriander. Served with 0% yogurt mixed with garlic, spring onion and coriander.

Amazing!

That sounds absolutely gorgeous,doing 4 packs this week but Defo trying that next week! Xx

Back