Proud of myself :)

chloecat

I've been doing SW for over 2 weeks now and am doing well, honestly believe I'll do it this time. Hope it's ok, but I wanted to share something that happened yesterday which made me proud of myself. Part of my decision to slim has been driven by how my life has been for the past few years. Without going into a life story, I've been through a very hard time and am still trying to recover myself fully from a difficult past. I have very low self esteem and also suffer from depression.

Last night I had a bad mood swing, felt extremely depressed. I've been so good, but the temptation to seek comfort in food was overwhelming. I knew I had a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine in the fridge. In the end, I told myself I could have a wine and choc binge on one condition - after every glass/bite, I would write down how many syns I had consumed.

I'm really pleased that I managed to get myself back under control and see that sabotaging my diet was not going to help my feelings. In the end I used 20 syns, so enjoyed a little of what I fancied but managed to calmly stop myself having a crazy binge.

So sorry if this was a pointless thread, but I felt really pleased with myself for not letting food control me and for not falling into that awful trap of eating to feel good and then feeling horribly guilty afterwards. The syn system really helped me regain a sense of control and made me really think about whether a food binge was really what I needed. Very happy as this is great progress for me :)

Well done Hun. Just goes to show you can have little of what u fancy and stop before it gets to a binge. Xxx

Really well done - I find writing these things down help you face up to what you are eating too :) Went over my syns week or so ago but wrote them all down and it made me stop oversynning the next day.

Well done you!! :)

Well done. i do think that the key to success is to record your syns. you should give yourself a big pat on the back.

x

That's a really good idea. Well done you. Hope you don't mind if I steal that one. I was feeling the need to binge the other night and if I had done as you had would probably have stopped a lot earlier than I did.

What a wonderful post. You must be so proud of yourself. Well Done - and don't forget we are all here for you!

well done from me too!!
It's great to have the power to think like this in difficult times! thanks for the post!

well done!

Lisa x

Well done, you are in control. xxx

Back