Psoriasis & CD

Have just had a conversation with my CDC about my psoriasis, she told me that I am going to have to get a form signed by my dr before I can carry on! I started Thursday and run out of shakes Tuesday when I see her next, I'm afraid she isn't going to let me have anymore till the form is signed and I'm going to have to stop and start again! I've done so well I've only had one slip on my first day with some left over chicken!!

I am worried I am going to lose confidence and motivation to start again if I have to!

Has any of you lovely people out there got psoriasis and using CD?

Did you have to do this?

Do any of you know anything I could do to persuade her to let me carry on (I would stop if the dr told me to!)

Xx Michelle xX

I have psoriasis and was very bad before I started doing a vlcd over six years ago, I had tried lots of different creams etc., with no results worth talking about but I personally got relief from being on a vlcd I had been doing Lipotrim which is very similar to CD...When I stopped doing Lipotrim the psoriasis did come back but not as bad...I had psoriasis mostly on my hands and wrists and a little on my elbows...it is cleared off my hands now and they are perfect along with my left wrist but I have a patch still on my right wrists and a little bit on one elbow and since I started on CD four weeks ago it has calmed down...no itch and the redness is almost gone and the skin is beginning to feel normal to touch...I am hoping it will go completely this time.:fingerscrossed:

I was not taking or using any medication so I did not have to run it by a doctor...also I am doing SSing+ and you can have a small meal of chicken and veggies along with three shakes.

I have seen others over the years who have also found that their psoriasis improved on CD.

Thank you, I'm seeing my CDC tomorrow eve and have an appointment with my dr wed first thing so I'm hoping that she will still let me buy a weeks worth and start again as soon as I'm out of the drs! Lol

I've noticed a big improvement in mine since Thursday, I think it's down to reactions to food intolerances I have, so all the more reason for the dr to say yes!! Lol xx

Back