Psyllium Husk

Henpom

About two weeks into my diet, I started taking psyllium husk because I read on another forum that it was okay to have with Lipotrim. It's a raw source of fibre which helps with constipation and is also used to aid irritable bowel syndrome.

Anyway, I took it with my shakes every day. Then I started with severe heartburn. It didn't do much for my constipation. Last week I stopped taking it. My heartburn disappeared overnight and this week I've had a bigger weight loss than any other week apart from the first. So I don't know if it was that causing the heartburn and slowing down my weightloss.

Has anyone else used it and what was your experience?

Not used it, I rely on Senokot or Dulcolax, I find them much more reliable lol! If the heartburn stopped as soon as it was out of your system then I would think that must be why :)

I take the physlum tablets, i havent had a problem. Have you checked if they are just physlum? Cos some contain other things than Physlum. People seem to be different, what works for some doesnt work for others. Try some other fibre products and see what happens.

However, you have made me think about the weight loss factor of taking them. I have been taking them for ages and have been losing, but i wonder what would happen if i didnt, i might stop and see what happens.

I use them every day in a hot shake mixed up as a porridge with no probs - but we're all different. What suits one doesn't suit another.

Back