Psyllium husks as breakfast?!

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Can someone help me - I could have sworn I read somewhere of someone having the psyllium husks like porridge in the morning, but I (a) can't find the post so (b) can't see if it would work for me!! :eek:

Any help much appreciated :)

Be careful - I have never had any success with psyllium husk (and I've tried allsorts!) and HOT water, make sure it's not boiling anyway. If you take about a mugful of cold water and add a teasp. of shake mix and about 3 tsp PH, blend, and leave it for about 10 mins, that can work. Warm in microwave afterwards if you like. Ann

I tried and texture reminded me of wallpaper paste

Don't forget though that psyllium husks do contain calories and carbs. Don't know how many get digested though, but just be warned. If it takes you out of ketosis, stop thaking it.

I think it's the whole seed thingies that contain the cals and carbs karion .... I've checked my PH tub and the husks themselves contain zero carbs and cals so can be taken with confidence. As they're the indigestible outer husk, the body doesn't actually absorb ANY of them. :)

Sorry, only just spotted this :rolleyes:

I start by drinking a big glass of water and whilst doing this I combine the PH's in with my chosen shake in a bowl and then divide the mixture in half so I get another portion later :D

Then I add a little boiling water from the kettle to the bowl and mix with a fork. I keep adding water until I get the consistency I want and then leave it for a minute just to make sure that the PH's don't absorb any more of the water and add more water after this if required.

I don't add any sweeteners to any of my packs because I am taking the oportunity to try and retrain my tastebuds :)

I hope this helps.

BTW, some people might want to use less than 2 tsp but I find this right for me. You must drink extra water if you take PH's.

Tahnks a million to russiandoll for putting me onto this.

Oh dear! lol

Unfortunately, it's never going to be 'Scotts Porage Oats' but if you play around with it, you'll get something 'acceptable'. It's amazing what we can find 'acceptable' on a VLCD! ;)

Oh dear! lol

Unfortunately, it's never going to be 'Scotts Porage Oats' but if you play around with it, you'll get something 'acceptable'. It's amazing what we can find 'acceptable' on a VLCD! ;)

Oh yes! :D

See how you go, we all have different tastes so experimenting with how you make it and the consistencey will be beneficial :)

I find that if I use ANY type of blender even for a very short time I just get gloop & I can't eat it!!!
Have tried with lots of different packets but haven't managed to get anything that I could actually eat yet...
I tried with chocolate yesterday morning & the texture disgusted me so I had to throw it away...
Chicken soup last night & it was a bowl of glue...
My favourite way of taking it is to make a large bowl of hot Marigold Boullion (less than 1 tspn) & 'sprinkle' on 2 or 3 tspns of PHs & mix in gently ontherwise they get the texture of frog spawn imo!!!
It tastes really nice like that almost like Scotch broth (as Russian Doll said!)
Must try the porridge tomorrow though as it would be nice to actually 'eat' something in the mornings....hope it doesn't turn into gloop, these packets are far too expensive to be throwing away!!!

Back