• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Psyllium Husks

S: 18st0lb C: 17st6lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.17%)
yeah they sure are.. alot of us have them. i have them every day too with my butterscotch porridge in the morning.. yum yum.. :)

according to my CDC they are NOT allowed, that is why they sell fibre 89.

karenO

Step away from the chips!
I'm taking them in tablet form & have been now for 3 weeks. I'm going to the loo regularly and my weightloss hasnt been affected so i'm happy :D

shazza2971

S: 16st8lb C: 14st10.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.3 Loss: 1st11.5lb(10.99%)
my CDC sells the fibre 89 or the Psyllium Husks. I use fibresure, thats ok too.

S: 18st0lb C: 17st6lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st8lb(3.17%)
shazzy ... you should tell your cdc that they are allowed they are just pure fibre :) and you can get them from many health food shops.. i buy mine of healthspan online :D

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
S: 15st3lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st6lb(9.39%)
Fibre 89 is what CD sells to help constipation. IMO it doesn't work as well as PH and I buy PH from Healthspan and use them myself. Also advise my clients about them. Not sure if Cambridge actually have a policy of whether they are allowed, but as they are not absorbed by the body i can not see why we can not use them .. so i do!!

Hope that answered your original query Miel?

how many PH capsules in a day then? What about lactulose?

Sarette

Gold Member
S: 18st9lb C: 13st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 33.3 Loss: 4st11lb(25.67%)
I was having the natural form of PH but I've gone of them, so have bought some of the tablet ones. How many should we have a day? it says 2 an hour before each meal on the jar....

cee-cee

Dizzy blonde
Also ... what is it like just in shakes? I tried the porridge, but don't really like it. But now have a huge jar that cost me £10 :eek:. If I sprinkle some in a shake, does it taste OK, or is it horrible?

Miel

French Honey
Oh Wow! Thanks for all the answers, I didn't realise that it was so popular.

Cee-Cee, I mix mine into my shakes after they've been blended and that's fine, I have also taken them in water but that's not so good. If you use them in water definitely use water flavourings. I prefer to use a small amount in each of my shakes throughout the day and it works well.

MissB

I use flaxseed instead of the PH, they taste much better kind of nutty but are a pure form of fibre I take them in my shake and in soup. Statrted on sunday morning and Im down 6lbs even with taking the flaxseed so all good!!

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
S: 15st3lb C: 13st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.1 Loss: 1st6lb(9.39%)
how many PH capsules in a day then? What about lactulose?
No lactulose has sugar in it ..... most things ending in -ose are sugar based even if natural sugar.

Not sure how many capsules ... try the minimum and work upwards if that doesn't have desired effect!

i take 2 tabs a day. On my pack it says take 2 three times a day. But i have been ok with two a day i take one in morning and one at night there huge tabs!!!!!