Psyllium Husks

yeah they sure are.. alot of us have them. i have them every day too with my butterscotch porridge in the morning.. yum yum.. :)

according to my CDC they are NOT allowed, that is why they sell fibre 89.

I'm taking them in tablet form & have been now for 3 weeks. I'm going to the loo regularly and my weightloss hasnt been affected so i'm happy :D

my CDC sells the fibre 89 or the Psyllium Husks. I use fibresure, thats ok too.

shazzy ... you should tell your cdc that they are allowed they are just pure fibre :) and you can get them from many health food shops.. i buy mine of healthspan online :D

Fibre 89 is what CD sells to help constipation. IMO it doesn't work as well as PH and I buy PH from Healthspan and use them myself. Also advise my clients about them. Not sure if Cambridge actually have a policy of whether they are allowed, but as they are not absorbed by the body i can not see why we can not use them .. so i do!!

Hope that answered your original query Miel?

how many PH capsules in a day then? What about lactulose?

I was having the natural form of PH but I've gone of them, so have bought some of the tablet ones. How many should we have a day? it says 2 an hour before each meal on the jar....

Also ... what is it like just in shakes? I tried the porridge, but don't really like it. But now have a huge jar that cost me £10 :eek:. If I sprinkle some in a shake, does it taste OK, or is it horrible?

Oh Wow! Thanks for all the answers, I didn't realise that it was so popular.

Cee-Cee, I mix mine into my shakes after they've been blended and that's fine, I have also taken them in water but that's not so good. If you use them in water definitely use water flavourings. I prefer to use a small amount in each of my shakes throughout the day and it works well.

I use flaxseed instead of the PH, they taste much better kind of nutty but are a pure form of fibre I take them in my shake and in soup. Statrted on sunday morning and Im down 6lbs even with taking the flaxseed so all good!!

how many PH capsules in a day then? What about lactulose?

No lactulose has sugar in it ..... most things ending in -ose are sugar based even if natural sugar.

Not sure how many capsules ... try the minimum and work upwards if that doesn't have desired effect!

i take 2 tabs a day. On my pack it says take 2 three times a day. But i have been ok with two a day i take one in morning and one at night there huge tabs!!!!!

Back