Pub Dinner

Geez that's expensive,
but soup for start,
ceasar salad without the dressing for main - although the salmon or the fish and chips look ok.

If I were paying that much I'd just eat what I wanted though, nothing looks particularly diet friendly and you'll probably miss out on some gorgeous food if you pick and choose, very tricky >.<

I agree, probably the soup as a starter if you're having one. Possibly the sea bass with the sauce on the side so you can have just a little of it, or caesar salad with dressing on the side for the same reason. The roasted pepper probably isn't too bad either actually. You could have the salmon too and ask for a nice salad with it instead of the chips, I've done that before.

Just be wary of the confit, I couldn't find exactly what it'd be, one recipe was preserved in duck/goose fat, and another was covered in sugar, that was my only concern with the Salmon, but Caroline's idea of swapping things out is a good one.

Lots of lovely sounding beefy dishes though >.<

wow, I always think £10 for a meal including a drink is a lot! but then I am a student, and therefore don't have much experience!
To be fair on them, it all looks worth the price, a lot of work has gone into that :) and I like that it seems to be local ingredients as well (including the guiness.. :) )

Well I had the steak sandwich in the end but did give it a load of calories based on guidance from calorie count. I only ate half the baguette and I shared the chips so I did limit the damage a bit. I enjoyed it and it was my first dinner out in ages!

Back