Pub Food

Evening everyone, hope you've all had a lovely weekend :)

Next Saturday the family are all going out for a meal for my Nanna's 70th.

I'm undecided as to what day I will be on - Red or EE.

Could someone have a look at the menu (link below - the main menu not the lunch one) and tell me what they would have? I've been pouring over it for around half an hour now - everything sounds so nice, I could eat it all!! Not sure how I'd syn it either. I'm gonna try and NOT have a dessert. As hard as it'll be, I should be good!!

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thefalconsnestgosforthpark/food/

Thanks Allie :) I might give them a call later on.

I was thinking maybe the prawn skewers to start but asking them to hold the plum sauce. And then probably the gammon for main...or maybe the peri peri chicken, do you think that would be bad? Or maybe fish without the sauce. Ugh there's too many choices lol

Yeah, they do all seem to have dressings. I'll just see how things go...when I order I'll ask for no dressings. I suppose I can't help how things are cooked. It's only one day....and I have to celebrate it with my Nanna :) I'll just try and be extra good and then be good all week. Thanks for your fab help as always Allie :) xx

In any restaurant you can ask for things without dressings, or for the dressings to be served separately so that you can have a little taste. I always do this anyway, as I do not like my food swamped with sauces or dressings, and I have never had a problem.

The menu clearly says that the gammon steak is grilled, as is the butterflied chicken.

The lemon sole and the halibut are grilled, and the fish mixed grill sounds amazing!

I'd go for the chargrilled chicken or venison, ask them to hold any sauces and ask for a mixed salad as a side order.
Unless they can do jacket or new potatoes, then ask them not to add to the dish.
Most places will be able to do this for you.
Hope this helps.

I think I'm gonna go for the Prawn Skewers to start but with no sauce. And then for main, probably the chargrilled chicken (no sauce) and ask for a jacket potato and veg or salad with no dressing. If I did this, would you say it's syn free (unless they use oil?)?

Back