public announcement

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by liv82, 13 January 2011 Social URL.

1. liv82

liv82 Member

Hi, started slimming world last week and very pleased with the results so far, 7lb loss!! Just wondering if its the done thing at meetings for the consultant to go through everyones weight loss individually in front of thr group? While I was very happy to have mine read out, I'm not too sure how I will feel if I gain.

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

Hi,

Yeah it is the traditional thing to do. However, if it is something you felt uncomfortable with then you need to let your C know and I am sure she will be understanding. Saying that everyone is on the same journey so for me personally I find that when I had a gain in the group I did not feel a loser as everyone can emphasis what your going through - as a lot of people have experienced a gain at somepoint doing SW!

4. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

Well done on your loss :)

If you hav a gain your consultant should only read out your total loss since starting SW.

5. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

When I went to group they would announce the amount of loss but never the amount of gain. I recall they would say "had a bit of a gain this week, where do you think you went wrong?" but wouldn't say the amount.

Mini likes this.
  6. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Well done on losing 7lb:happy096:

7. liv82

liv82 Member

Thanks, I suppose its an extra incentive to make sure I work hard :character00115:x

8. MancBird

MancBird Always comes back to MMs!

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah as others have said, you will probably be introduced as "XX who has lost XXlb so far" and then the gain mentioned and discussed if you want to discuss it xxxxx

9. Piglet1977

Piglet1977 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    My C never says what your gain is.. just pics up the positive but saying how much u already lost. But we have some ladies who do not want people to know so the C does not do that to them .. as the others have said, if it makes u uncomforable the ask your C to not read u out.
    Even tho i CRINGE when i gain i find it usefull cause i am lucky and have good friends in the group and they all offer me great advise and suport :)
    Good luck on ur journey

10. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    my never asks how much u have gained and some just say a gain. i tell him cause i need to hear myself say how much i have gained and it starts me in a new week determined not to hear that next week.
    well done on your loss hun

11. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Same at our class, but I went with a colleague who didn't want even her losses read out and they respected that.
    All the staff have to sign a confidentiality clause before they can go behind the desk. That's why the person weighing only ever says you've lost.

12. Juddd_Judy

Juddd_Judy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.68%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    The best thing about reading the total weight loss when you've had a gain is the reminder of how well you've done before. And it's always nice to have a round of applause! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.