public announcement

Hi,

Yeah it is the traditional thing to do. However, if it is something you felt uncomfortable with then you need to let your C know and I am sure she will be understanding. Saying that everyone is on the same journey so for me personally I find that when I had a gain in the group I did not feel a loser as everyone can emphasis what your going through - as a lot of people have experienced a gain at somepoint doing SW!

When I went to group they would announce the amount of loss but never the amount of gain. I recall they would say "had a bit of a gain this week, where do you think you went wrong?" but wouldn't say the amount.

Yeah as others have said, you will probably be introduced as "XX who has lost XXlb so far" and then the gain mentioned and discussed if you want to discuss it xxxxx

My C never says what your gain is.. just pics up the positive but saying how much u already lost. But we have some ladies who do not want people to know so the C does not do that to them .. as the others have said, if it makes u uncomforable the ask your C to not read u out.
Even tho i CRINGE when i gain i find it usefull cause i am lucky and have good friends in the group and they all offer me great advise and suport :)
Good luck on ur journey

my never asks how much u have gained and some just say a gain. i tell him cause i need to hear myself say how much i have gained and it starts me in a new week determined not to hear that next week.
well done on your loss hun

Same at our class, but I went with a colleague who didn't want even her losses read out and they respected that.
All the staff have to sign a confidentiality clause before they can go behind the desk. That's why the person weighing only ever says you've lost.

The best thing about reading the total weight loss when you've had a gain is the reminder of how well you've done before. And it's always nice to have a round of applause! X

Back