Pudding rice

hennyhamster

Silver Member
Hi can someone tell me if pudding rice out of a box is definitely free? just made up a huge saucepan of rice pudding and wanted to be sure thanks x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Basic/Non Branded Foods Rice, pudding rice, whole grain 28g dry[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]​

thats how I have always done it, not sure if there is a better way but mine seems to come out ok :)

Used to make it bac when I did SW. I wld make it let it cool then mix in a Mullerlight yogurt ........delicious

For anyone else reading this - the confusion arises because FLAKED pudding rice is not free.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Rice, flaked, dried 28g dry

Original 5 Syns Green 5 Syns

I never realised that the rice that was flaked was actually pudding rice, learn a new thing every day! Pudding rice to me has always been the fat one they make rice pudding out of :)

Doesn't it taste a bit insipid made with water?

Doesn't it taste a bit insipid made with water?

You would think so wouldn't you, but you let it absorb the water (for texture only) and then add the muller for the flavour. It actually works very well. If you leave it to cool, the rice continues to absorb some flavour from the yogurt.

Think SW rice pudding might have to be my next recipe to try out. Will have to get hold of some pudding rice. I'm getting such good ideas on this forum. Made my first ever scan bran recipe today (carrot cake with quark icing - totally lush!) It's really great to try out these new recipes. Stops me getting bored with SW and keeps me happy with yummy puddings for my sweet tooth! xx

I have made rice pudding with my HEXA of milk in the past, as I prefer it to water, because it's like real rice pudding then.

But then, I struggle to use even 1 A choice, as I don't have hot drinks at all.

Could someone give me the ingredients list and step by step instructions, please? i have some pudding rice in my cupboard and I would love some rice pudding on a cold and bleak day like this!! :D

I have copied this from my post in the recipes section - hope it helps :)

Milk version - 2oz pudding rice + 2 tbsp sweetner + 500ml semi milk (2 HA choices ie one each) in a pyrex dish. cook at 140deg for 1 1/2 hours - serves 2 generously

Or, for a no milk version - boil 50g pudding rice in 100-150g water until soft. strain thoroughly (if needed) then mix with 1 muller light and maybe fruit - makes 2 portions.

I like toffee muller and chopped banana
blackcurrant muller is good
vanilla choc muller is good.

Back