Pudding's Just Desserts - The Hard Slog To Slim

Evening pudding - sorry to hear your body stalls on week two! Nutmeg spunach sounds good:D

So rather typically...I got on the scale this morning and it had gone down. Wish it could have done that yesterday for weigh-in day! :rolleyes:

It's been one of those days today where it's been wall to wall conference calls and as a result I really haven't got much fluid in...so suffering with headaches now!

Menu today:

B - 2 rashers bacon, 1 fried egg
L - chicken and cucumber salad
D - Chicken coconut curry with roast garlic & courgette cauliflower rice

IMG_0231.JPG

OMG that curry looks delish! How do you make the sauce, hun?

Thanks Lady!

I'm happy to report that it's quick and easy! I used a tablespoon of Thai Kitchen red thai curry paste (2 carbs) and half a tin of Blue Dragon coconut milk (6 carbs). Other than that I just sweated off 2 cubed chicken breasts in butter, added some chopped green beans, then the curry paste and then the coconut milk.

That made two big portions.

Wow curry looks fab, wasn't feeling hungry until I saw your pic, thanks for posting will def give this recipe a go.

So rather typically...I got on the scale this morning and it had gone down. Wish it could have done that yesterday for weigh-in day

This is me every...single...week. I swear. I sympathise, believe me.

These meals just look fab. I vote we have a meet up at Pudding's house! ;)

Hello Pudding... Lovely pictures and great diary! Lots of great ideas!

Hope you lose this week! Xx

Many thanks folks!

I don't know about anyone else, but for me I know that if I don't get variety then I'm more likely to give up. One of the things I love about low-carb is having to think a bit to come up with things - it stops you having the "Oh sod it, I'll just order a pizza!" moments.

Tonight I'm eating out (that'll need some thought!) but I'm bubbling away in my brain with a recipe for pig cheeks (£2.30 a kilo from Waitrose :eek:) so I may have something a bit left-field tomorrow :D

Morning Pudding, have you had a look through the recipe thread?

That curry looks yummy! Well done on the loss, even though it's a day too late - think of it as a head start for next weeks weigh-in ;).

Lovely to find your diary pudding - love your comments on mine. Wow, can't believe I didn't find your food photographs earlier .. amazing! The brocolli, cauli and bacon bake early on looks absolutely fab! Might use that on Sunday with the roast! RW x

Ooh the cheeks sound interesting! Morning pudding xx

Phew- missed a day's update as I've been running around like a nutcase! Work suddenly got very busy so not had a chance to update and record what I've been eating.

Many thanks for all the good wishes folks! I'm going to have a read up of diaries tonight.

Yesterday's Menu:
B - 1tb oatbran made with water and double cream
L - 2 rashers of bacon; 1 fried egg
D - Huge green salad with a Bratwurst sliced up on top and tbl Mayo

Today's Menu:
B - 1tbl oatbran w/ water and cream
L - 2 rashers of bacon and a matchbox chunk of cheese on the run
D - Pork cheeks in sage, cider & cream sauce with Celeriac graton and courgette battons

I'll put a photo up of the pork cheeks when they're done. They're totally lean so I'm 'fatting them up' with some cream.

IMG_0235.JPG

Last edited:
Wow great menu and thanks for all the pics. I'm really keen to try the celeriac graton, never eaten celeriac before.
Hope you having a great weekend :)

Back