Puffed wheat help please

vicki123

Tonight in group our consultant said you can have 42g of puffed wheat, however the book and online says 28g and 1 scan bran. Can someone clarify this for me please?
Thanks

Def 28g - but that gives you a really big bowl because it is so light

Thanks Patchwork. Dont understand where she got it from. I double checked with her and she said defo 42g. I hope other people in group think to question it too

Thanks - where do you get it from? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I always buy it in Home and Bargain, if you have one near you it is only about 70p per box. My favourite HEb cereal. x

Email from sw (that was quick)

Hi Vicki

A basic puffed wheat is 28g is a healthy extra B, but it can vary
slightly depending on the brand but any further queries people on the
syn line will be more than happy to help. Hope this is OK.

Kind Regards
Sue

Email from SW (that was quick)

Hi Vicki

A basic puffed wheat is 28g is a healthy extra B, but it can vary
slightly depending on the brand but any further queries people on the
syn line will be more than happy to help. Hope this is OK.

Kind Regards
Sue

I've been trying to find this for ages! To no avail. I really struggle with my hexb, I tend to find if I have it then I gain or STS.
I tried tricking myself into having it by having the scan bran coffee cake.. 5 scan bran used.. 5 scan bran hexb per day. That meant I could eat a whole cake a day and be 100% on plan!!

Did it work?

No.

:cry:

At my group everyone uses 42g of Morrisons puffed wheat, I add sweetener as think it's bland without and eat it often as a B choice and always Lose every week. Morrisons own make is only £1.09 and it's gab for quickness too! :)

I'm sure that the 28g is where you need to add the extra scan bran but I'm sure that if you have 42g you don't need to scan bran. In our books there are certain cereals that say '28g + scan bran OR 42g' so I've always gone for having 42g and not the scan bran as I don't like them very much!

If SW say that you can only have 28g then maybe that is what we should be doing but most people I've spoke to have 42g and lose weight most weeks!

Hope you get a straight answer soon xx

Some cereals you need a scan bran to bring up the amount of fibre but you can't have 42g instead of a scan bran. If you don't have it you can still only have 28g

fair enough! Thanks for clearing that up for me. In my book there are some which say 28g or 42g and thats why I got confused!! xx

Back