• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Puffed wheat

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
:D :D :D :D yusss you do!

Home Bargains have it all the time for 69p. And don't forget to make your mini scan bran cake with your 2 slices of scan bran that you can have with it! xx

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Doesn't include sugar puffs, you have to have the unsweetened cereal because obviously sugar contains syns.

Add Splenda to your puffed wheat though, and hey presto, Sugar Puffs!

Sarah Jayne, I wouldn't syn the cereal if I didn't have my scan bran. Same as I wouldn't syn my slices of bread if I was too full to finish the crusts or wouldn't syn my cheese if I only used half of it, or wouldn't syn my milk if I had a couple of cuppas' worth left at the end of the day.

I personally don't syn my healthy extras if I don't eat it all, like for example I have just had 28g of porridge and I'm supposed to have a scan bran with it. But some consultants say that you should. I guess all it means is that I'm not getting the full quota of fibre that a HE B should give me. However, my theory is, with all the healthy fruit and veg I will be eating today, I'm sure I won't be short of any fibre!!!

Im the same as Lentil, I never have the extra scan bran/ryvita with my cereal, I forget to be honest.

And Vixxster we don't have a Home Bargains :( Hopefully be on sale again next week as this box wont last long with the amount you can have :p

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
I sometimes save my scan bran for after tea, put it in a cup, put some hot water on top, mush it up then add an Options and whack it in the mike for 1 minute, take out, stir and whack back in for another minute.

It gets rid of the scan bran and it's like a branny chocolately pud for after your dinner. Follow it with a big glass of water before bed and it gives you a little 'fat flush' effect for the following morning! :D

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Oooh like little sweet snacky crisps? I never thought of it like that! You may indeed be onto a winner there!

Good idea Vixxster, I read somewhere Options isn't suitable for veggies so may have to substitute. Can't remember the last time I ate a choccy pudding!

Lentil yes I'd prob do that too, although it might be too bland on its own & without the milk sweetener wouldnt stick to the cereal...

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Oooh no oh dear, let me go check what I have in the kitchen, I have options, highlights AND Horlickseses...

They all contain whey, which contains dairy, which would make it unsuitable for non-lacto vegetarians or vegans.

Does that help? xx

I have dairy so maybe they're ok for me then?! Its when I was reading up on the Mullerlights I also read Options are unsuitable. Will do a little research me thinks! xx

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
I think if you're veggie and not vegan hot choc are ok. I couldn't see any of the meat-derivative words (locust bean gum, gelatin etc) on the packet, so maybe it's just the dairy derivatives that make them unsuitable?

A swift google should sort you out no doubt? xx

Had a peep on the Options sight, it says the hot chocolates only are unsuitable due to the amount of whey powder used.

Looked it up on the Veggie Society:

Whey - Whey and whey powder are invariably by-products of the cheese making process which mainly uses animal rennet though vegetarian whey is widely utilised in products marked as suitable for vegetarians

I didnt know that! Bah

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Ooooh Lisa! In very very small letters at the bottom of my Horlicks extra light sachets are the glorious words 'Suitable for vegetarians'

yay?! They are 2 syns each.