Pulled pork recipe

Good minds think alike ha. I was thinking of smoked paprika too. Will try it next time I make the sauce. I might do it this week with some chicken, I'll let you know how it goes.

How was it? X

Hi Joanne, I gave it 5 hours total in the oven, tenting the foil over the meat and sealing by folding the foil over and it came out like this:

edit

After shredding, it looked like this.

edit

There must have been some fat in joint, as I had to scrape some out. It tastes fanatastic though, and the remaining oil was easily separated from the sauce so that is getting used too.

Looking forward to eating with some coleslaw and a pitta... Might be happening later on tonight!

Hi Joanne, I've posted some pictures, but they will take a while to come through.

If you are the administrator, please allow through the last post I made. The iPad app didn't tell me it was awaiting approval (because of the pictures I guess) so I posted three times, each one being different too!

Still not able to see the pictures :-( x

Just got this out the slow cooker! Mmmmm! Can't wait x

I will post the recipe from SW below, I made this at Christmas and it was amazing to pick at. yum!

BBQ Pulled Pork

• Serves: 4
  • Prep. time:
  • Cook time:
  • Total time: Over 60 Minutes
  • Syns per serving:
    • Original: FREE
    • Extra Easy: FREE

ingredients

• 1.5-2kg/3lb 5oz-4lb 8oz pork shoulder, all fat removed
  • 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp mustard powder
  • 500g passata
  • 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 3 tbsp sweetener
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper

method

1. In a small bowl, mix passata, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweetener and seasoning. Transfer to a small pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
  2. Meanwhile, trim and remove all visible fat from the pork and sear all sides in a hot frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer to a roasting tin lined with aluminium foil and pour the sauce over the pork making sure all the meat is covered. Cover with the foil and bake on 160°C for 4-5 hours.
  3. Remove the pork from the oven and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool for approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks.

Tip:
Chef's tip: Serve with homemade coleslaw, Slimming World-style sweet potato chips in 60g wholemeal rolls.

I have made this, it is LUSH! I did mine in the slow cooker on low for about 5-6 hours. I've also tried it with beef and it worked well too but I much prefer Pork.

Shoulder can be fatty so make sure to cut as much off as possible. When I first made it though I put them in whole and cut the fat off afterwards, not the best idea as some of the melted fat goes into the sauce.

Just used the last of the shredded pork, stir fried with ginger, chilli and soy and lots of pak choi! Mmmmmm x

I've just finished cooking this and just tried a bit - absolutely gorgeous!

I shredded all the cooked pork, put it in a bowl and added a little of the left over juices to moisten it up (as the centre of the pork was a bit dry) then mixed it all up with some added paprika, Chinese 5 Spice, and a little extra garlic salt (all personal taste preferences).

I'm going to add 1/2 syn per small portion as the juices are bound to have a bit of the pork fat in it (the little fat I couldn't cut off when I prepared the meat before cooking) just to be on the safe side :)

I also only used 1kg of meat from the butcher. He recommended pork shoulder and to cook with the fat on for pulled pork (and of course I ignored the fat-side of his 'recommendation') but used the same recipe as though it were a 2kg joint.

I really recommend everyone who loves a bit of pork to give this a go - so worthwhile and will last a couple of days! X

Got this in the slow cooker today, I have done it with a gammon joint before and liked it so I am doing it with Boneless Pork Shoulder this time, £2.50 per kilo at Morrisons.

Has anyone tried freezing this after it is cooked and "pulled"? I can see me ending up with enough meat to fill a army.

Sitting here watching Sunday Brunch and they're cooking Pulled Pork (definitely not SW friendly). Asked the boyfriend what he wanted to have for dinner tonight and his reply was "Pulled Pork, but only if you can find a slimming world way of doing it". So will be trying this recipe out tonight!

Well it's been in the oven for about 3 hours now and smells amazing. Can't wait to actually eat it.

Back