Cruise PV Pumpkin....

specialk

Silver Member
As the title suggests, I have a pumpkin and not a single iota idea as to what to do with it, apart from carve it for halloween as ive never carved one before :/

any answers welcome

K xx

I love pumpkins. So much stuff to do with them. I get rid of the wool and seeds (you dont eat that stuff) scoop out all the hard flesh and put it aside. Carve a face onto your pumpkin, then make some recipes with the flesh!
I am making pumpkin pie (I wont be eating it, but will make them for friends and family)and dukan pumpkin muffins!
Pumpkin ideas:
Pumpkin recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Dukan pumpkin muffin recipes: (Suitable for PV)
8 tablespoons of oat bran
2 eggs
4 T canned pumpkin
1 T vanilla fat free yogurt
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
2 t Splenda (I use 2 T Brown Sugar Blend)
1 T fat free evaporated milk (I use 1 T of sugarfree vanilla pudding mix)
1 t vanilla
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the yogurt, pumpkin and eggs and whisk until smooth. Add vanilla. Divide the mixture equally between minis or regular muffins in paper cups. Because there is no fat in them, they tend to stick a bit. Try a little spray of olive oil in the cup first.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 17-18 minutes for mini muffins, 24-26 for regular muffins.

Remember if you want to cook it, get an edible pumpkin rather than a carving pumpkin. If you cook a carving pumpkin it'll be bland, watery and tasteless.

The supermarkets this week have been full of carving with the edible pumpkins sold out, apart from Waitrose, which has a selection of different types of pumpkin and squash.

For cooking: As skinnyminny says, remove and seeds and the pith. Personally I cut it into wedges and roast it, or, if I'm using a mini munchkin pumpkin, cut the lid off and roast it - that way you can stuff the inside, too!

Ahhhh, i didnt know there was specific pumpkins.... its just one of the £1 ones from asda off the halloween isle... so i assume its a carving pumpkin and not an eating one... ah well, i shall just have loads of fun carving it instead :)

K xx

You could make a pumpkin soup with your pumpkin - that's what i'm doing with mine :) After i've finished my attack days that is :)

Back