Cruise PV Pumpkin....

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by specialk, 23 October 2011 Social URL.

1. specialk

specialk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    26st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    As the title suggests, I have a pumpkin and not a single iota idea as to what to do with it, apart from carve it for halloween as ive never carved one before :/

any answers welcome

K xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. skinnyminnycow

skinnyminnycow Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love pumpkins. So much stuff to do with them. I get rid of the wool and seeds (you dont eat that stuff) scoop out all the hard flesh and put it aside. Carve a face onto your pumpkin, then make some recipes with the flesh!
    I am making pumpkin pie (I wont be eating it, but will make them for friends and family)and dukan pumpkin muffins!
    Pumpkin ideas:
    Pumpkin recipes - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Dukan pumpkin muffin recipes: (Suitable for PV)
    8 tablespoons of oat bran
    2 eggs
    4 T canned pumpkin
    1 T vanilla fat free yogurt
    1 t baking powder
    1 t cinnamon
    2 t Splenda (I use 2 T Brown Sugar Blend)
    1 T fat free evaporated milk (I use 1 T of sugarfree vanilla pudding mix)
    1 t vanilla
    Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the yogurt, pumpkin and eggs and whisk until smooth. Add vanilla. Divide the mixture equally between minis or regular muffins in paper cups. Because there is no fat in them, they tend to stick a bit. Try a little spray of olive oil in the cup first.
    Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 17-18 minutes for mini muffins, 24-26 for regular muffins.

4. Brownie_Earthquake

Brownie_Earthquake Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(15.63%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Remember if you want to cook it, get an edible pumpkin rather than a carving pumpkin. If you cook a carving pumpkin it'll be bland, watery and tasteless.

The supermarkets this week have been full of carving with the edible pumpkins sold out, apart from Waitrose, which has a selection of different types of pumpkin and squash.

For cooking: As skinnyminny says, remove and seeds and the pith. Personally I cut it into wedges and roast it, or, if I'm using a mini munchkin pumpkin, cut the lid off and roast it - that way you can stuff the inside, too!

5. specialk

specialk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    26st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ahhhh, i didnt know there was specific pumpkins.... its just one of the £1 ones from asda off the halloween isle... so i assume its a carving pumpkin and not an eating one... ah well, i shall just have loads of fun carving it instead :)

K xx

6. luckyme23

luckyme23 New Member

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You could make a pumpkin soup with your pumpkin - that's what i'm doing with mine :) After i've finished my attack days that is :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.