Purpleds Pregnancy Food Diary

Thanks all!!

View attachment 145989

My sister having a cuddle. All going well. Should be home in about a week. She's gaining weight and maintains her body temperature, breathing well, all the normal things.

Got some amazing photos on my camera but not plugged my laptop in for weeks. Luckily I am able to breast feed her but having to express as well as I'm not always there, so hubby is feeding her with my milk.

It really is a struggle having a baby in hospital with inlaws needing so much help. I just wish they were more understanding. My husband said to them today 'we don't have time to buy Pizza, Indian meals & Chicken from Morrisons, we'll add it in tesco online shop' she responded 'we don't want it if it isn't from Morrisons' then moaned she'd have to starve. He put the phone down on her. So it's all go I go here and we are trying not to let them get to us. Time is too precious to worry, I don't want to miss a thing with baby Harriett and neither does Neil. I tickle her foot and she does this cute kick thing.
Getting through lots of nappies, breast milk, clothes :)

We get to give her a proper bath this week. So far she's been washed but not in a bath, as they need to keep her warm. But they think a quick bath this week yay!! I'm so excited.

Hope to catch up with you all
Soon. Sorry not responded to all your diaries but I'm sure you understand :)

Its soooo lovely readin this. U sound soooo happy!
Im sorry the inlaws are bein pains. U both do so much for them and it wud get me a lil ticked off of they wanted all there stuff from morrisons and couldnt cope woth tescos stuff until ur situation is a lil more settled!!

Harriett is gawjus she looks like a doll! Im so happy she is doin well and fingers crossed she is home nxt week. When she is home u will before get in ur own routine. Aawww her first bath how lovely.

I look forward t comin on seein ur posts about her xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

:)
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1405578755.253910.jpg
We are home.....the midwife is coming round today, tomorrow & Saturday. So I'm happy for the reassurance but so glad to be home with Harriett, they were so pleased with her progress.

Is it bad we haven't told anyone yet? We plan on telling them this afternoon so they can visit tomorrow. We just need this day alone. I feel a bit protective of her being so small and don't really want everyone touching her but I'm sure I'll get over that :)

I'm so happy!! Even after my first proper night of being woken up every few hours. I know the sign for hungry, she tried to stick her hand in her mouth lol!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww look how small she is. Omg harriet is gawjus.

U tell ppl wen ur ready hun n dnt allow everyone round at once coz that can b 2 much!

Xx

shes absolutely gorgeous - reminds me of how tiny my premature cousin was, i was so scared to hold her

Shes lovely and so tiny, haven't had much time to read but I hope the inlaws back off a bit !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Backed off....I wish. I don't see how a grandmother can be jealous of her own granddaughter. Neil obviously gonna give more time to his baby girl.

Thanks for the messages everyone.

Glad all seems to well now she is home. I guess its just going to be a case of putting in some boundaries with the inlaws and trying to be straight but non-emotive when talking about it. Easier said than done, I know.

Ahhh I just popped on to see how you were doing. Congratulations she is gorgeous xxxxx

Hi all,

Sorry been absent from mine and all your diaries. Busy busy busy. Hubby is back at work now and I'm getting Into a good routine. She is an angel.....most the time lol!!

Anyway my eating has got a bit out of whack! I've mainly been eating things that are fast and easy. Not very healthy. Luckily I am already back at my pre pregnancy weight. That isn't due to dieting. I guess Breastfeeding and being busy and on my feet could be the reason why. But I do want to tone up, get fit again and clean my diet up. Just get back into cooking clean food.

Not sure I'm going to follow a specific diet as I'm not overweight and there is no need. But I want to cut out the bad stuff as much as possible. I want my toned arms and tum bk too, no stretch marks but my tummy does feel very loose.

So I'm mentally preparing myself to start Monday as I'm shopping Sunday! My mum wants to take Harriett for a walk in her pram, so this will be the first time I would have left her and what am I doing.....food shopping lol

Glad everything is going well Purpled :) Have you settled into motherhood? I know you were scared at the beginning of what knowing what to do but sure your instincts will have kicked in.

I am amused by the excitement about food shopping :) But I would be exactly the same! Its one of the things I always used to like doing after getting back from holiday. I find there is something very comforting about shopping for healthy food for the household.

My food shopping plans have been well and truly crushed. My MIL has passed away yesterday. Totally shocked and unexpected, she had health problems but nothing too bad. I feel like my diary is a story of doom and gloom or complete happiness with not much inbetween and no mention of food.

Aáawww no r u both ok? Im so sorry
It doesnt matter wat u write hun xx

So sorry to hear the sad news, Purpled. I know that there were certainly health issues but this does seem completely out of the blue. Hope you are all holding up as well as you can.

Its horrible and crushing but maybe later on there can be some comfort sought from the fact that at least she got to meet Harriett, which I am sure would have been incredibly special to her.

Hi hun how r u and harriett gettin on xxx

We are good thanks. I'm very busy, she's amazing, not gone bk to work but my business is doing great, also my father in laws carer and that's hard work.
Little H really is just life changing....it is so special

Back