Pushed my luck a little too far!!

Clare35

I stupidly carried on taking my tablets even though I had a Christmas lunch at work that I knew was filled with fat, and I even had chocolate yule log for pudding!

Well lets just say i've paid for it this weekend and I will not be pushing my luck anymore. I will either be sticking strictly to the low fat diet or, if I know I'm in a situation where I have no control over what is put in front of me, (yes, I know i didn't have to eat the pudding), then I will miss that meals pill.

Obviously I'm going to go for the first option of being good but at least I know that the pills really do work now!!

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Just not taking a pill before the meal may not be enough to stop the reaction.

Well I'm hoping not to take the risk again but hoped that missing that meals pill might take the edge off of it.

Over Christmas i'm going to take a few days off, giving myself a clear day of no pills before I go visiting friends and family. Although if the snow doesn't clear then I'll be in on my own eating soup, so I can continue them.

I will be so happy when I'm slim and don't have to worry about taking these pills!

Hi Clare, at least you now have an idea as to what happens when you go for it, and also the time your body takes to react, and whilst the side effects have been unpleasant, like you say you know the tablets work and the yule log wont be hanging around your hips for as long as it would have done, had you not taken the tablets, if you know what I mean!! I've also got the same t-shirt as Petal! Don't worry Clare, it's Christmas, your allowed a treat or two!!

I was out last night and made a mistake in ordering a dessert for others. It was a set meal so my starter and main were good choices, (and piled on the sprouts!!) but with one thing and another, I let the others order my pudding for me, so that they could share another (an extra sweet would have not harmed their figures!) and whilst I didn't have any of it, others who did not know what we'd planned were asking me why I wasn't eating the dessert, so next time I've decided not to be so generous with my puddings, and I'll just not order any, it's easier to sit with a glass in front of you chatting whilst others are tucking into their desserts and not have to explain why your not eating a luxurious sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce and ice cream.... excuse me, just dribbled a bit whilst remembering the dessert!!

I was however first on the dancefloor to work off the meal - something I wouldn't have been a couple of months ago at full weight capacity!!

lol this happened to me when i went to my dad for my tea last week... I though oh sod it ill just take my pill so I dont 'absorb' all the fat. what a mistake it was lol x

I did the same this week. Just pushed it too far! Have learnt my lesson now!

I've been taking the pills even when I have relaxed the rules but I haven't seen 'agent orange'! I'm really worried that it isn't working anymore or I have too much in my system. I've been very constipated for ages. anyone else experience this? (I've been on it for about 8months) x

Back