Put my mind at rest...

tenney73

please. A few stories I have read in forum's from people who have done LL have really got me down today. Quite a few were saying that yes they had lost alot of weight but then when they went back to eating food put it all back on again and more. I am going to discuss this with my cllr next week but until then has anyone got any success stories they could encourage me with. I am pleased with my weight loss so far and how easy I am finding it but worried about the end result. I would have hated to throw all this monet away for nothing. Help!:confused:

Hey Tenney! welcome to the forum!

Lighterlife is the same as any diet - if you don't sort your eating the weight will go back on. It can help you lose the weight, but keeping it off it up to you!!

There is a whole success stories forum, so it can be done!!

http://www.minimins.com/success-stories/

have a look!!

might be worth a peek in the maintainance section as well!

To be honest I think whether or not you put the weight back on depends on how you are with food when you finish the programme. If I went back to eating what and when I ate before I'm sure that I'd put the weight back on - if however I eat like I'm planning to which is healthily and sensibly and I exercise in moderation then I'm sure that will keep the weight off.

Cath

Exactly Cath - if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

Going back to food doesn't make you gain weight, going back to too much food and the wrong foods makes you gain weight.

I think if you are doing LL the management is really great. I did LL myself, but my LLC couldn't accommodate me for the management sessions so I went crazy!! all my fault, gained all the weight back and so went onto Cambridge and have been a little bit up and down but think I'm starting to get my head around all the mental stuff now. Difficult really figuring out why we do what we do!

I have to say that the people I know who have put weight back on on LL are the ones who decide they don't need development or foundation coz they think they can do it on their own. Mostly they couldn't. I would guess its the same with CD.

I agree with all the above...I et a girl who lost 5 stone then put it back on & she is convinced its cos she didnt do management....at the end of the day if you dont sort the head stuff out....Like anything it works if you work it I guess...

Don't be disheartened, if you read them again you might change your mind on the interpretation, most of those people are back on the programme wishing they had seen the management programme through to the end. My Counsellor was doing LL and had lost almost seven stone but had to come off because she needed an operation, she only gained 8 pounds in five months that she was off the programme and that included Christmas etc. She is back in absinence now as she still has another five or so stones to lose. She is brill, funny and serious, supportive but not smothering but most of all she has and is doing it aswell, so along with the counselling i know she has the same struggles we all do. I have found out that the LL counsellors don't make any money from managment clients, so they don't push clients into doing it. Find a counsellor that is really big on management. Good luck hunni, i'm sure you will be fine, if you want something enough, you can get itxxxx

thanks for that scriptor

Don't be disheartened, if you read them again you might change your mind on the interpretation, most of those people are back on the programme wishing they had seen the management programme through to the end. My Counsellor was doing LL and had lost almost seven stone but had to come off because she needed an operation, she only gained 8 pounds in five months that she was off the programme and that included Christmas etc. She is back in absinence now as she still has another five or so stones to lose. She is brill, funny and serious, supportive but not smothering but most of all she has and is doing it aswell, so along with the counselling i know she has the same struggles we all do. I have found out that the LL counsellors don't make any money from managment clients, so they don't push clients into doing it. Find a counsellor that is really big on management. Good luck hunni, i'm sure you will be fine, if you want something enough, you can get itxxxx
Thanks for encouragment

I really believe Management is the key. It just feels so different this time. I was the world expert (!!!) on nutrition but its not WHAT I ate but WHY I ate it that was what made me fat. Sort the head out and the healthy eating follows... Stick to the plan and you will be slim. I'm in management and still very much learning - one day at a time.

Back