Put on weight!

Eve69

Hi,

I have been JUDDDing for a week and a half. I am a weight every day addict. If I don't weigh ever day I just forget when to stop eating. Anyway I lost 1 1/2 stones on Dukan over 4 months went on holiday put on 5 lbs and just couldn't get back into the Dukan way. I watched the Horizon programme and it seemed a lot easier way to loose weight. My only problem is I seem to be putting on weight 3 lbs since starting which in the grand scheme of things is not much but it is to me. I have managed to keep to around the 500 cals on the DD and on the UPs 2000. I've had 1 ID and the rest have been alternate days. I am scared to go on incase anymore weight goes on. Should I keep going or is this way of eating not for me? Would be very disappointed if I have to give up.

As I said I weight every day and after an UP day weight is the same but after a DD it's going up!

All suggestions very much appreciated.

Eve69 said:
Hi,

I have been JUDDDing for a week and a half. I am a weight every day addict. If I don't weigh ever day I just forget when to stop eating. Anyway I lost 1 1/2 stones on Dukan over 4 months went on holiday put on 5 lbs and just couldn't get back into the Dukan way. I watched the Horizon programme and it seemed a lot easier way to loose weight. My only problem is I seem to be putting on weight 3 lbs since starting which in the grand scheme of things is not much but it is to me. I have managed to keep to around the 500 cals on the DD and on the UPs 2000. I've had 1 ID and the rest have been alternate days. I am scared to go on incase anymore weight goes on. Should I keep going or is this way of eating not for me? Would be very disappointed if I have to give up.

As I said I weight every day and after an UP day weight is the same but after a DD it's going up!

All suggestions very much appreciated.

Have u tracked your UDs?
I found I was eating way over than what I should and now I'm keeping track do that I know I'm not going crazy?
Other than that I'm not sure as only on my second week and I love it but can't see my having losses like dukan
Xxx

Think I will have to do that. For example on Saturday I had two pieces of brown bread and peanut butter. Lunch pannini with tuna mayonnaise and dinner was crispy prawns in Peking sauce and fried rice couldn't manage it all and a glass of wine and a chocolate eclair to finish which I didn't think was too over the top. Stomach was rumbling when I woke up yesterday. I know that I wasn't going to get losses like Dukan but I wasn't expecting to put on weight neither. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
Give it another couple of weeks, iv come over from vlcd and only started to see the results 3 wks in, let ur body adjust to it, mayb take ur cals down to 400 on a DD and watch carefully u dnt exceed 2000 on up, drink lots of water too x

It's the adjusting that's worrying me as I don't want the scales to keep going up as it's been a long time since I've been at my current weight. Probably worrying unnecessarily but then I worry if I have nothing to worry about!

Littlemumma right give it a Couple more weeks, to let your body adjust. I was a daily weigher not good :( have you tried measuring yourself maybe you've lost inches x

Will have to find the tape measure first. That's a good idea. Hopefully it will have come off somewhere.

Okay... Scales....starting ADF....they are not good bedfellows! ADF is unlike any other diet you have ever done before. Losing weight is a complex process and really is not as simple as 'eat x weigh y'. We have no idea what actually triggers our bodies to release fat stores other than ensuring we have a calorie deficit - and ADF most definitely provides a calorie deficit. If you total up your calories for the week - DDs and UDs - then divided by 7, you will probably be coming in at a weightless level of between 1200-1500 cals a day. Trust the maths - you *will* lose weight - honest!

However, because this diet is based on a feast/famine approach, our daily weight fluctuates wildly - and I mean wildly! Our daily weight fluctuates for so many reasons - weight of food, weight of water, hormonal changes, different stages of digestion, alcohol consumption, sodium consumption, glycogen, muscle repairing... the 'weight' gained after a UD really is not 'fat weight'. Scale bounces are notorious on JUDDD and people embarking on this diet need to embrace the bounces or put the scales away. I weigh every day, record my high and low points each week and calculate an average too. One of the things I noticed in my first couple of weeks was losing weight after an UD and gaining weight after a DD! We cannot predict when our bodies are going to give up those fat cells - we really can't!

Some people start this diet and their bodies start losing weight immediately. For many other people, it takes a couple of weeks for the body to adjust to a new way of losing weight. It might be a good idea to track a couple of UDs to check you are around 2000 cals and not wildly over but a very important principle of this diet is that you relax on UDs and in so doing, prevent 'diet fatigue'.

So, with this diet a day is not long enough to see if it's working, neither is a week really. You really have to give it time. As our fabby new mod says as well - get your measuring tape out too! I haven't done any measuring but more people have been commenting on my weight loss over the last week or so, despite losing weight at a slower pace than on a vlcd!

Good luck.

Thanks MissHapp, I read through the posts and I didn't see anyone mention the weight gains like me. I thought I was doing ADF completely wrong. Your great reply has put my mind at rest. I will need to try and resist the scales as hard at it will be and find the measuring tape. I will give it another couple of weeks and see how I go.

Well said misshapp!! :)

I would agree about hiding the scales! A few people have posted that even although they weigh more than when they've previously lost weight they are actually physically smaller! Defo something in the fact this diet makes you lose fat but not water or muscle therefore not affecting your weight at such!

I have a body fat monitor so plan to use this and a tape measure to monitor my changes rather than just focusing on the number the scales shows!!

Don't give up!!xx

Thanks MissHapp, I read through the posts and I didn't see anyone mention the weight gains like me. I thought I was doing ADF completely wrong. Your great reply has put my mind at rest. I will need to try and resist the scales as hard at it will be and find the measuring tape. I will give it another couple of weeks and see how I go.

hey hun, i moved over from a vlcd and gained in the first week, this is now my 4th week on juddd. 1st week i gained 2lbs, 2nd week i stayed the same, last week i lost 1lb and this week im hoping for another 1lb loss. im very close to goal, around half a stone away so i won't be getting high losses, in fact i'll probably have either 1lb losses or STS most weeks but juddd doesnt produce big losses anyway. i found that on my 3rd week (last week) the shift really started to happen, my weight pattern changed and i lost 3lbs after one of my down days which was unusual as they normally only produce a 1lb loss and overall i lost 1lb on my official weigh in.

so hang in there, it will work for you but it might take a little longer, especially as you've changed diets, our bodies need to 'warm up' to new methods at first! x

You have had excellent advice so far this diet is so different in lots of ways and I know its hard not to get dissapointed when you 'think' its not working but its like a mole borrowing underground you can't see it but its working really hard under there lol Thats what Juddd is like then all of a sudden that little mole will surface leaving evidence of all its hard workx I know that sounds silly but its the only way I can describe it. Eating this way changes your body physically even when the scales aren't doing what we want them to be doing. Can I just add that I too for my sins am a daily weigher as I find the ups and downs fascinating not alarming, but its only your official weight that counts, that weight which is recorded once a week after a DD is what you should go by, that said I really don't care what my scales are telling me anymore cos I sure know they havent caught up with my body shape lol xx. So my advice like others is to give it 2 more weeks, weigh daily if you have too but its only that official weight that matters, try on some clothes that were tight the last time you wore them, you may be surprised xx

yeah i put on 3lbs last week and I oddly feel smaller!! You can't always compare weight day to day because you're body composition is so different between fast and feed. If you have a slow bowel that can contribute. Theres SO many factors as to why your body is playing hard ball on the scales.

I had gained 9lb in the space of 3 days one week and was panicing something shocking, but it just turned out to be tummy troubles (without going into any further detail lol)

I always reckon you should give ANY diet at least 6 x weeks worth of weigh ins before you can say it does or doesnt work for you x

Thank you ladies for all you advice and encouragement. I found the measuring tape and will try not to weight every day. Will give it another few weeks and see how I go. Thanks again :)

Back