Putting weight on when exercising : " (

Madmazy

Hey all I've been sticking to SW really well had a couple of days where I did Syn a bit but been generally really good!!

Been exercising loads all different types...Boxercise, Zumba, Aquafit, Belly Dancing, Swimming and Wii fit pretty much every day since the 6th Jan! Apart from like 2/3 days ( was sick!!) and today i'm so disheartened!! So my first week I had a great loss 13lbs the second week I put on 1/2 lb which I really tried to get off I really behaved then stupidly I checked my wii scales on body test and it said I had put on 4lbs (probably more now had a really bad day!!!):break_diet:

Is anyone else in this situation?? where they're putting weight on but exercising well not overdoing it but trying to be more active than before?? I overhead a girl in my gym talking about it and she was about the same height and build as me and she said that it took her 2 months of exercise to actually start losing weight!!! ekkk!! It's only been 2 weeks that i'd have put on and i'm already feeling bad about it and losing faith so if it's 2 months I don't know if I can handle it!!:cry:

Kinda a rant but hopefully someone out there will know about this sort of thing!! hopefully I really look forward to hearing anyones view on it!!

mwah Maz X x:wave_cry:

My guess is you are simply on different scales. Wait until you are back on the original scales before getting upset.

I love going to my daughters house. I lose half a stone! Sadly it's back on by the time I get home on my scales :cry:
As for the wii I have found it to be a tad erratic. It once said I had gained 10lbs that was from one day to the next. I got off, got back on and found it was saying I had neither gained nor lost!

Before xmas I broke my hand so couldn't drive because of the cast. I had to walk 5miles + a day. I think it was about 2 weeks later I got on the scales to find I had put on half a stone!!! I was gutted. P'd off and sulked for days. Until my OH reminded me that plaster casts are heavy things :) oops. How stupid did I feel :D

Hey honey thanks for the advice!! hopefully it is just the wii saying the 4lbs but I can still feel i've put on too lol but fingers crossed it's only half a pound or something little!! He he what ya like yeah plaster casts are very heavy how's your hand feeling now?
xx

Hiya, do'nt forget that muscle weighs more than fat and if you're being so active i'd bet that you're building muscle quite quickly? Its dishearting BUT the weight will come off if you keep at it, plus you'll get really toned :)

If you've just started doing that much exercise then you will be retaining water in your muscles, it's how they recuperate. BUT it's temporary! I found that it slowed my weightloss down (when I started EA sports active ) for about 4 weeks, but in that month I lost 2" off both my hips and waist :D. Get your tape measure out, and try not to focus everything on the scales. The weight will come off and you will totally change the shape of your body.
Oh and don't believe the bodytest it's not accurate, well not with SW scales!

hey guys thanks so much for all your advice!! I feel much better now!! I was really dreading SW tonight but if i've put on I might just try and be proud and think of it as my muscle!!! he he!! mwah Xxx

Remember 1lb of muscle takes up less room than 1lb of fat.

judimac said:

I love this I'm gonna use it all the time he he thanks x x

I am exercising everyday, sometimes two or three times a day. I am losing weight, but I did expect bigger losses each week. I have noticed a big difference in my body shape though, I am losing inches if not lots of pounds. I think this is more important than what the scales say :)

ive gained alot of muscle since joining the gym! inches are gone but not much difference to my weight but its all down to muscle :) embrace the muscles! i love mine :D

I feel exactly the same. I really don't enjoy excercising I wish I did but I don't. So to put myself through it day after day and not lose weight is frustrating and it makes me binge!

I know people say you loose inches but I really just want the scales to go down :(

I know that's exactly what made me binge too!! But surprisingly I stayed the same really felt like i'd put loads on!! think we've just gotta stick with it!! Thanks to everyone else saying that that it gets better!!! mwah xx

in total i gained half a stone in muscle, the sclaes are heavier but where i used to be able to pinch skin i cant anymore. its mega toned up and looks better.
just think, all these skinny girls who have no muscle definition cant do much exercise, but with stronger muscles you can power on and leave these skinnies behind! :D

It will definitely be a building up of muscle. Also what I found was the start was very slow then suddenly the pounds just dropped off.

Keep up the good work! :)

I'm in the same situation. I go to the gym twice a day (before and after work) for an hour- hour and a half. I have a personal trainer three times a week and really work my arse off (ha) .. but the weight loss is slower than I had hoped too. I've been doing this for four months.. BUT... I am definitely changing shape. I've become addicted to the routine now and really try not to think too much about how 'heavy' I am... My trainer weighs me once a week and measures my body fat each month.. it's coming off.. I think you should really try to just enjoy the new found routine and keep going at it.. IT WILL COME OFF... *at least.. that's what I keep telling myself.. now.. if only I could find LIPOTRIM here in the US!!..

Good luck and keep up the great work!

i'm at the gym too twice and week ,walking and wii, i lost 7lbs the first week but only 1lb each week for the last three weeks.

so i'm assuming the same, muscles are bulking.

Indeed it does, but it also weighs just the same as 1 lb of fat. People need to remember that 'muscle weighs more than fat' isn't true :sigh:, and that they can't use it as a fall back excuse for every weight gain. Unless you're into some serious body building work outs and dieting, you're not gaining that much muscle anyway. Well, us girlies aren't cuz we don't produce enough testosterone!

This thread has made me feel so much better was really fed up after wi tonight and losing half a pound (I know better off than on) but I have upped my exercise so thought I would have a better loss this week, this is like a light at the end of the tunnel lol

Indeed it does, but it also weighs just the same as 1 lb of fat. People need to remember that 'muscle weighs more than fat' isn't true :sigh:, and that they can't use it as a fall back excuse for every weight gain. Unless you're into some serious body building work outs and dieting, you're not gaining that much muscle anyway. Well, us girlies aren't cuz we don't produce enough testosterone!

doing weights did this, id say it was a serious level i do too... now have the biceps, calves and legs of steel lol

Back