Q. for CD ? can you have ZERO COKE??

sophia-jo

Silver Member
Hiya, was just wondering, can you have zero coke without coming out of ketosis?? Also, can you have other low cal drinks. I've been having my summer berries in my fizzy water and am getting bored with it now. I need a change. I'm sure I read somewhere that people do have low cal drinks in moderation. Be nice to hear from you lovely CDCer's out there, just to be sure :D ttfn xxxx

Official guidance currently is that a small glass a day of calorie free drink should be ok.

Personally I would avoid it like the plague but official guidance is as above!

Mike

Official guidance currently is that a small glass a day of calorie free drink should be ok.

Personally I would avoid it like the plague but official guidance is as above!

Mike

ooooh, why would you avoid it?? have you found it takes you out of ketosis?? omg, I have drunk some of it already you see, I cannot risk coming out because it was hell getting into it. I still feel really muzzy now, headachy etc....
should I kick the low cal stuff in the head??

diet drinks (diet coke, coke zero etc) can knock some people out of ketosis or slow their weight loss down. It does not effect everyone like this but a large proportion of people find it definitely has an effect

I find if i drink coke it gives me a huge sweet tooth and i crave sweet foods so ive decided to steer clear for that reason

Hello sophia-jo,
How are you finding the diet??
Well done so far, I do have some coke zero when Im SS but it didnt take me out of Ketosis the food did that as I have been put on 1000 til after I have had my teeth sorted out but I didnt lose anything this week!!
Anyway all the very best to you xx

ooooh, why would you avoid it?? have you found it takes you out of ketosis?? omg, I have drunk some of it already you see, I cannot risk coming out because it was hell getting into it. I still feel really muzzy now, headachy etc....
should I kick the low cal stuff in the head??

I think Mike suggests to avoid it like the plague as it can make some people get gravings, hense being tempted to eat?! I personally didn't have that problem, it didn't knock me out of ketosis at all infact i looked forward to my daily coke zero, once i did decide to give it a go!...

To be honest it's really up to you, maybe give it a try & see how you feel.

Good luck with your continued journey....xxxx

I find if i drink coke it gives me a huge sweet tooth and i crave sweet foods so ive decided to steer clear for that reason

I find this is a very common response from people who drink it, I haven't seen that many people drop out of ketosis but certainly a lot of people have food cravings after drinking it, also I am sure that it slows weight loss as have seen people with very slow losses who drink zero and then when i convince them to drop it for a week they suddenly have a large loss. Anyway it is personal choice but if you want the absolutel quickest train to slimville then I would recommend you give it a wide berth.

Mike

I will have a week off coke zero and report back with my findings !

aaaw, and I do have a sweet tooth anyway, so really, zero coke should be a 'no no' for me. I did enjoy it yesterday, and have half a bottle left in the fridge, my weigh in is tonight so maybe I'll finish it as a reward.... depending on how much I lose :D

Icemoose, as I've said before, you are so helpful, always there to answer our questions.

How's your tummy doing hun? x

I have never had a problem with coke zero or doctor pepper zero and there is a srawbery and kiwi perfectly clear that you can have too that has no citic acids in . Never takes me out of ketosis weight loss never slows and i dont get a sweet tooth. I know loads that drink it and never have a problem but as this thread proves there must be a few that do have a problem with them.

I allways drink my 4 littres of water and have my coke or dr pepper on top of that and i drink a good few glasses but some days ill have non. But like i said for me and my old cdc and a few more people it was not a problem. I think its trial and error like the food packs try them if they dont agree dont have them.

But im my opinion i do not think it will harm if you have a couple of glasses a day just keep an eye out for how you feel. If you feel you are getting craveings for sweet stuff just stop

Hiya honey, how ya diddlin??

Deffo gonna get me some dr peppa zero, I didnt know they made it, I used to love the regular dr.peppa.

Is Zero the same as diet??

Hi

I agree with Honey - give it a go. I have a can of Coke Zero - not regularly but just to break up the week and the continual glugging of water.

If you're going to drink it, maybe use it as a special treat and you won't then drink it everyday...

Trial and error really...:)

coke zero is ok, diet coke is not - it has citric acid in which will knock you out of ketosis where as coke zero has malic acid in which wont!! Just dont add lemon to the coke zero though for the same reason!! (Citric acid!)

i've become abit obessed with the coke zero! i bought a whole case of cans and stuck them in the fridge! I usually drink one or two a day and really enjoy them.

I'm not sure whether they have affected my weight loss. i suppose the only way to know is to stop drinking it for a week. Dont think i could do that now though - i'm seriously addicted!

hiya

only stuff without citric acid is ok and you can get the dr pepper zero at most shops i get mine from asda lol

Well a week without any Coke or Dr Pepper Zero and my weight loss is 5lbs, not sure if it has made any difference or not. At my stage I am more than happy with that loss.

Dear Leehal

I've just looked at your weighloss and I think it's incredible that you've gone from being 20st something to 16st something in a matter of 2 months - you must feel amazing...

Well done...

When are you hoping to be at goal?

Hannah,

I am going to Rome at the end of September and I am finishing the diet then if I reach goal or not, I was going to move up the steps but am going to Step 2 until the end.

I am very pleased with the way things have gone, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and people are really noticing the loss now which is always a boost.

Thanks for the kind words.

Lxx

Back