Qualifying criteria for suitable Dukan Foods...

cos of how they're bred... my family won't touch it.

ah ok. might try and find some rabbit then. Am i ok eating turkey drumsticks?

yes - theoretically without skin but I bought some (cheap) this weekend and boy did I struggle to get the skin off (and to get them tender!!)

rabbit is good get the rabbit. I saw some veal at the farmers market the other day but didn't get it. I was planning to buy ostrich until I saw the price!!!

I don't really get why pork is not allowed, especially as some cuts can be very lean.

And I'm sure in the book he said only have 2 egg yolks if you have a cholesterol problem? Perhaps that was just the way I choose to read it. I probably eat more than two egg yolks a day as I think its incredibly wasteful to throw food away. I'm hoping the fact I'm young and theres no history of cholesterol issues in my family will offset the extra one or two yolks I eat a day.........I don't eat loads and I'm sure most days I only have two but I'm not particularly keeping count as that would get silly eg. 1/4 of a yolk per muffin

I'm sure if you're "reasonable" with the eggs, that's the best we can hope for.

I know of some who'd have one with the galette... possibly two at lunchtime... and a lot of the desserts are egg based (like the egg custard, for instance... which is "eat as much as you like within the dairy allowance" and some take that literally).

I have two yolks a day usually, occasionally three... (odd occasion four). Definitely more than "in my previous life".

aside from when I'm having your heavenly baked egg custard Jo :) I'm having 3-4 per day :) but I'm still alive and lighter, but maybe I'll book a cholesterol test in the next few weeks just incase :D

ok todays egg count (yolk and all):

B 1/3 in a muffin
L 2 in a quiche
D 1 on top of my steak
also making egg custard so thats another.

oops! 4 and 1/3 is quite a lot more than I thought!

Looks like OH will be down the market of Friday to buy me some more eggs!

ive just bought 60 in tesco :D but dogs eat them too :D

2 im naughty i buy the bad ones from tesco. but i go through that many cant afford the better for chicken ones (dont shout)

yes tesco value :D

mines a huge tesco!!!!! well the one near me is pants but the tesco extra is fab!

I noticed just now ASDA do packs of 30 value eggs for £2 I don't even want to think about those chickens! We get ours down the local farmers market on a friday. £1 for 6 and free range, much cheaper than free range at the supermarket. But the OH parents are getting chickens soon so hopefully we'll be getting some home laid eggs soon!

i add more milk to make it go further x

yeah i get bored of waiting x

Back