Quarantine Challenge

@Steampunk Chic Watch now next week, you'll have a nice loss as a reward for waiting it out this week. I think there is something weird going on with my body too. I need to shift my all or nothing attitude, I have a little cjicken skin and that's it! Crisps, chocolate galore! I did get in that mindset before, and I'll get there again! It's a long game and we can do it! Do you think a financial incentive would work for you again?

They don't let you do it again as that would encourage people to regain just to get money again.

SteampunkChic: 1/11lbs
Miss Scarlett Blue: 5.5/7lbs
Manxy64: 2/5lbs
Teasel: 5.1/11lbs
Blubell: 10.6/21lbs
Aaleigha: 6/8
Ravenous :3/10 lbs (164 (161)/154 - WI Thursday)
gagirl: 0/5lb
FaeFae: 2.5/10 inches

I’m in! offical weigh in on Mondays for me. starting weight for this challenge is 22st I’ll go for 10lb and change it as we go!

Blubell: 10.6/21lbs
charlotte_k: 0lbs/

3.8 off for me today

Blubell: 14.4/21lbs

I STS for the second week despite doing more exercise and eating well. I want to eat more fruit & veg to motivate my body to burn the fat faster but my tummy gets bloated and start hurting.

I STS for the second week despite doing more exercise and eating well. I want to eat more fruit & veg to motivate my body to burn the fat faster but my tummy gets bloated and start hurting.

Are you measuring too? I feel like the drastic change in weather is messing with us all. Have you hit a wall like this before? What did you do that time? I'm sure that by now in your journey, you know what's up and what's best for your body. You've done awesome to get this far and still be moving in the right direction.

Are you measuring too? I feel like the drastic change in weather is messing with us all. Have you hit a wall like this before? What did you do that time? I'm sure that by now in your journey, you know what's up and what's best for your body. You've done awesome to get this far and still be moving in the right direction.

Thank you for your comment, it helps me to look into this situation more and find a solution.

No I am not measuring but I can tell from my clothes that I am trimmer. In the past when I hit a plateau i upped my fruit & veg but as you can see I keep getting tummy ache when I try to eat more. I am quite stressed at the moment (nothing to do with Corona) and that could be the reason. Hopefully, once I have resolved the issues my body might relax and shed what is holding on to.

Today is exactly 2 years since I have been on this journey. I was hoping to get to my goal by now and not achieving it is subconsciously putting me under more pressure.

I will get there somehow. I just have to be patient and let things take its course.

Thank you for your comment, it helps me to look into this situation more and find a solution.

No I am not measuring but I can tell from my clothes that I am trimmer. In the past when I hit a plateau i upped my fruit & veg but as you can see I keep getting tummy ache when I try to eat more. I am quite stressed at the moment (nothing to do with Corona) and that could be the reason. Hopefully, once I have resolved the issues my body might relax and shed what is holding on to.

Today is exactly 2 years since I have been on this journey. I was hoping to get to my goal by now and not achieving it is subconsciously putting me under more pressure.

I will get there somehow. I just have to be patient and let things take its course.

That's what we're here for, right? 🙂 Is it the ratio of fruit and veg that is giving you tummy ache or the total volume? What about snacking between meals on fruit and veg and then reducing the meals so that over the day you eat the same volume but not all the fruit and veg at once? I appreciate you've probably tried everything already, just an idea x

In regard to your journey, 2 years is an epic battle and you're winning! You're only 7lb from target. Let's not lose sight of what you've already accomplished. Give yourself a bit of a break and acknowledge how far you've come and how hard you've worked. Yes, I agree, I would feel frustrated but as you said, you have other stuff going on too. Focus on the positives while things are difficult and the rest will fall in line.

We'll be right here, cheering! 👍😁

Oh my gosh, I just noticed your stats! Are you only 7lbs from goal???? You have done amazing!!!!

So, I've already saw a teensy loss (-.4 / 169.2) this evening before supper, so am hoping to have at least lost a pound by tomorrow morning, which means 168.8 or less to update my challenge stats. I would love to totally see 167. I would love a miracle and see 149.9 because that means a reward, but that's so unrealistic, it's laughable. But at least I shouldn't be looking at another STS.

Morning all 🌞 I lost 12 ounces! Not quite the 1lb I was hoping for but not far off.

Teasel: 6/11lbs

@Steampunk Chic you can do this! You're gonna smash it and I'll be #edgeofseat until you do!

Last edited:
Morning all 🌞 I lost 12 ounces! Not quite the 1lb I was hoping for but not far off.

@Steampunk Chic you can do this! You're gonna smash it and I'll be #edgeofseat until you do!
Well done. 12 ounces is in the right direction.
@steampunk chick, you can do it and before you know you reach 149 lbs and get your reward.

So I woke up a couple .X off what I wanted, so had half a protein shake and pushed off lunch until FINALLY the scale hit 167.8 completely in the buff. Not sure if all that counts, lol, but I'm claiming it. Oh, and .5 in off my hips and .25 in off my waist (since 169.8). Not much, but I'll take it.

SteampunkChic: 3/11lbs

So, I ordered my recipe book. It's not from Amazon, so it I couldn't get it in 2 days. Meaning, I want it the moment i hit <164.9 so I ordered it now. I won't open it until I hit my goal, but I at least the day I step on the scale and see that number it will be here waiting for me. :classic_big_grin:

Here's a pic. I'm so excited, because I've been adding tons of yummy low-carb recipes in my old one (that is completely wrinkled from water damage and even has black mold on some pages) and can't wait to transfer them over.

recipe book.jpg

Great job, @Teasel!

@Ravenous, you're killing me. I gotta get under 165 first, lol. Then 159, then 154, then 149. 😂
You are doing well. Look you are 10lbs lighter than your start weight. You get there no matter how slow. I agree it is frustrating losing a small amount or STS week after week but all of a sudden you realise how much you have lost. If you read my diary you can see that my losses were very small and still are. Don't look at your goal weight but the next mini goal that you have set yourself.

It is good that you have ordered your reward, ready for when you hit your mini goal.

A pound off today so that takes me to 6.5lbs of my target 7. Officially this is my last weigh in of the month. I may do a crafty extra weigh in on Thursday, just for this challenge to se if I can get rid of 1/2 pound by then

SteampunkChic: 3/11lbs
Miss Scarlett Blue: 6.5/7lbs
gagirl: 1/5lb

Back