Quark and Fromage Frais

Violetwind

Determined
I have 2 tubs of quark and Normandy Fromage frais looking at me and I have no idea what to use either of them with . . . All suggestions welcome :)

Violetwind said:
I have 2 tubs of quark and Normandy Fromage frais looking at me and I have no idea what to use either of them with . . . All suggestions welcome :)

I just made a Sw quiche with my quark. I chopped some red onion, courgette and mushrooms and softened them with fry light. I then beat 2 eggs with about 1/2 tub of quark, added salt and pepper. Then poured all ingredients into an oven dish and baked for about 30 mins. I ate it all for breakfast!!! X

Mix some Chocolate Options into them and it will taste like chocolate mouse.

Stir into pasta - it makes a creamy sauce. (after taken of the stove, otherwise it will turn into water if you keep cooking)

Use as you would normally use cream or mayonaise........

mix with spices and tuna over a potatoe
mix with spices etc and make a dip
etc etc.

How can I forget my favourite!

Mix quark with a packet of Smoked salmon offcuts (the cheap one)
Some black pepper and lemon juice to taste.
Place in the fridge.

Love it on Pagen Krisprolls, Ryvita Wholegrain or toast.

Im going to make it right now. Ready for my Saturday late afternoon nibbles.

I just find the quark/fromage frais a bit sour when mixed with the options. I can still taste the sourness, but then it all comes down to individual taste. You could make up a sugar free jelly up to `1/4 pint only when cooled mix with the fromage frais and leave to set in the fridge. Its like a fruity mousse when cold! Lovely for dipping into when you have the munchies and only 1.5 syns for the whole 500g! OOink Oink

I make a lovely quick cheesecake that i got from a thread on here. 2 alpen lights microwave for 20 seconds and squash to make a base (HE B) mix 1 tub of quark with 2 sachets of white chocolate options. Pour on top of base leave to chill and enjoy. This is 4 syns & 1 HE B for the whole cheesecake. Or 10 syns in total if not using alpen as a HE B. It really is delicious and is great for a sweet craving.

You could make up a sugar free jelly up to `1/4 pint only when cooled mix with the fromage frais and leave to set in the fridge. Its like a fruity mousse when cold! Lovely for dipping into when you have the munchies and only 1.5 syns for the whole 500g! OOink Oink

Ooh I've made this a LOT lately. The quark in Holland is quite thin compared to the UK stuff, but the trade off is that we get it in different flavours. :p You could do it with flavoured yoghurt though. If you added some vanilla to your quark, and used a strawberry jelly, you'd have a strawberries and cream pudding. :)

I use about 250ml of fruit kwark to one pack of jelly. Make jelly up to 250 mls, add one sheet of gelatine. Bung in the kwark or yoghurt. I get three portions out of it, at just half a syn.

JoC said:
I make a lovely quick cheesecake that i got from a thread on here. 2 alpen lights microwave for 20 seconds and squash to make a base (HE B) mix 1 tub of quark with 2 sachets of white chocolate options. Pour on top of base leave to chill and enjoy. This is 4 syns & 1 HE B for the whole cheesecake. Or 10 syns in total if not using alpen as a HE B. It really is delicious and is great for a sweet craving.

Mmmm sounds delicious, gonna try that tomorrow. Thanks x

I use quark and/or fromage frais as the base for a whilte sauce in fish pie (plus a bit mixed into the mash). Yum yum.

Gail x

I do put sweetener in the from frais/quark but no matter how much I put in I can still taste the sourness. Funny taste buds me!!! Thanks for your post though!

Just made some syn free lemon curd and stirred it through a tub of quark, put on top of some microwaved alpen lights, syn free cheesecake if you use alpen light as (HE B) and very yummy.

I just find the quark/fromage frais a bit sour when mixed with the options. I can still taste the sourness, but then it all comes down to individual taste. You could make up a sugar free jelly up to `1/4 pint only when cooled mix with the fromage frais and leave to set in the fridge. Its like a fruity mousse when cold! Lovely for dipping into when you have the munchies and only 1.5 syns for the whole 500g! OOink Oink
Hi
I made the jelly mousse 2day for the first time. Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmm :D

Made the mousse myself she'd per was lovely. What is this syn free lemon curd?

Got it off the whats for tea tonight thread

Originally Posted by applejack1pie
someone was synning lemon curd a few posts up heres a syn free one.
juice and zest of 1 lemon, 1 yolk and 2 tablespoons of splenda put in a bowl over a pan of hot water a stir until thick. simples!
use the egg white whisked up with a tablespoon of splenda for meringues bake on 100,c until cooked.

Back