Quark + Highlights Question

bobbedazzler

Hiya

When you have your quark mixed with a cadbury highlight to make a choccie mousse type thing ....... how much sweetner do you put in??

Thanks, Jo x

I don't I find 1/2 tub quark and 1 satchet is just right.

Try Quark and tsp of nuttella 4 syns....................its lovely great for cake filler on the potatoe flake syn free cake if added to creme frias and whipped light.

Phil x

Quark makes me want to vom but 1/2 small tub VLF fromage frais mixed with white choc options is AMAZING and great over strawbs & raspberries! Tastes a bit like cheesecake filling. Just make sure you leave it in the fridge for an hour or two before serving so the options dissolves!

I had quark with Options orange (and a spoon of sweetener) last night and I loved it! I can see how marmalade would be nice in there too.
This thread has got me thinking about trying the nutella or White Options in there too......Yummy! Thanks all! xx

Try Quark and tsp of nuttella 4 syns....................its lovely great for cake filler on the potatoe flake syn free cake if added to creme frias and whipped light.

Phil x

whoah feller! What is the syn free cake you speak of?! Could this be the happy alternative to cous cous cake?

Don't keep it a secret....SHARE!! I saw a cake being made on Something for the Weekend a couple of weeks ago that used potato and that was apparently very good. I guess the principle of flaked potato will be the same??

Hi all

Syn free SW sponge

4 eggs
6-8 tbsp slender ( use slender only)
2 tbsp baking powder ( .5 syns)
50g instant mash Flakes ( not smash)
zest and juice of citrus friut or coffee dissolved on 1 tbsp of water then cooled. ( you can use options then add 2 syns)

method

Preheat at 190 c & line 7- 8 inch sponge tin
whisk 3 eggs and 1 yoke with spender
Mix pot flakes with baking powder then combine your mixed egg
Mix and add you chsen flavouring ( essence)
Whisk remining egg white until soft peaks form and fold in remining white
spoon into tin and bake for 20-30 mins until rrisen and firm to touch
Leave to cool for 5 mins and turn out on wire rack until completely cool

add your quark syn free filling , either with nuttella 9 add 4syns/ or fruit for nil syns

Double the quantities for a victoria sponge use large eggs for both cakes.

This cake make great muffins , spoon into muffin cases and add blue berries ( syn free) or finley cut up curly wurly for 5 syns per batch.

Enjoy

Phil xx

Here's a Quark Trifle

2 pkts of lime suger free jelly
2 muller light lemon/lime yogs
0% greek yog
tub Qaurk
Sweetner
zest & juice of one lime

Method

make upone jelly and allow to set as per instructions on packet
once set, make up another jelly with just half a pint of boiling water - then let it cool and then add it to the two mullerlights yogs.
pour over the set jelly and allow to set in the fridge

mix some 0% greek yog with quark, sweetner,zest and juice of a lime and put on the top

for three layers, the whole thing is just 2.5 syns the whole trifle!!!! and is great. Ideal for christmas.

Enjoy

Phil x

Strawb cheesecake

5 tubs of quark
1 sachet of strwb suger free jelly
3 sachets of choc options or cadbury highlights
fresh strawbs
Splender

Method

3 tubs of quark in bowl dissolve jelly in just a 1/4 pint bof water, add to bowl and mix very well. stir in fruit (chunked up) and place inti serving dish. Place into fridge to set firm.

Place 2 tubs of quark into bowl add 3 sach of choch options ( save a bit to sprinkle on top) add sweetner to taste and mix well. Spread on top strawb cheesecake. Sprinkle choc on top from left over options.

Try raspberry jelly and fresh raspberries...

Enjoy !!

Phil x

I have low syn choc cake ( 9 syns per whole cake) & Dark choc and berry roulade. ( 1.5 syns per serving)

lemon mousse ( syn free) & No syn ice cream

Interested anyone.... bet you are ...LOL!

Phil x

Back