Quark!!!!

jacqui35

Silver Member
Ok so what do you put quark with as im gonna give it a go with my pot tonight and i hopei will like it, and with it being cheap i would like what you put quark with and if possible explain briefly

many thanks :D

I use quark to make quiche and have used it for lasagna.
I have not tried yet but some have made cheese cake or add choc options.
There are quite a few recipes here for quark.
It's great.

Hi! Someone was asking the same question yesterday. Take a look at the thread on the next page and you'll find loads of ideas for using quark. Enjoy!

i know this may be a really stupid question but can you use it to top crispbreads or is it to thin?? i have found out over the last few days that cream cheese is not a he a choice only a b on a green day i now need something to go on my crispbreads
thanks

I use it to make sauces and as a filling for homemade chicken kievs.

My favourite find for Quark was only this week and it is amazing.

Creamy carbonara (serves 4)
soften onion and mushrooms in a steamer or above a pan of boiling water in a colander.

Mix 4 tbsp Quark 7 tbsp, skimmed milk, 1 egg, chopped chives, and 4bsp of parmesan (or i use strong cheddar) in a bowl and set to the side.

Meanwhile thinly slice 2 bulbs of garlic and fry together with bacon gammon or ham for 2-3 minutes, stir in sauce, onions and mushrooms continually for around 3 minutes until sauce is thickened. Add to spaghetti or your fave pasta (i save a little of the cheese and chives to sprinkle over the top). It's absolutley delicious and my dp honestly thought i was lying when i said it was syn free - tastes far better than any i've ever made.

Also used it this week to stuff peppers and field mushrooms (again quark, bacon and chives, topped with fresh tomatoe and healthy extra of cheese)

These really feel like 'naughty' foods but are totally free

Oooh i forgot to say i also use it to mash potato with instead of milk and butter

HTH X

i know this may be a really stupid question but can you use it to top crispbreads or is it to thin?? i have found out over the last few days that cream cheese is not a he a choice only a b on a green day i now need something to go on my crispbreads
thanks

It should be perfect for crispbreads as it's very thick. Might even try that myself! Thanks for the idea...pmsl :p

IUSE it in lasagne etc and use it on ryvitas etc it is thick so ideal for anything

It's lovely on crispbreads or toast, it is quite a thick consistency but spreads very easily, it's the most versatile food in my fridge. X

Back