Quark ?

Hi again;

Just on week two and been reading up on recepies in the books and magazines.

Noticed a few of the meals contain "Quark"

What is it and can i get it in my local asda/tesco ?:confused:

Thanks in Advance....

it's sort of a soft cheese found near the cottage cheese. It's great for cooking with everything sweet & savoury

The thing about quark is that it has a fairly sour taste, so you need to add flavours to it so it tastes nice.

I've not tried heating it - does it heat up OK, or does it curdle? I've tried warming muller light yogurts, and they always curdle.

Anne

Im really glad this question has been asked as I was wondering where in the supermarket I might find it....off to the cottage cheese i go

in my local asda it's not near the cottage cheese (thats with the colslaw) its at the end of the cheese aisle near the stilton

I've read somewhere that quark is nice with a white chocolate option stirred through it. Has anyone tried this or with the dark chocolate options?

I'm not a quark lover no matter what I put with it - I've tried white options and there is always a sour after taste which reminds me of very sharp natural yoghurt.

If that puts you off, try adding some lemon zest and little lemon flavouring and folding into a beaten egg white to make a lemon mousse. The tart taste of the lemon works well with the quark flavour and so far, is the only flavour I can find to make quark edible!;)

Back