Quark!

After being on Dukan for 5wks I finally and randomly found Quark in my local shop...fat free!

Question, does anyone have any favorite dishes they use quark with, I'm looking to experiment with tonight's dinner!?

Thanks!!!

I use it to make quiches

I use it interchangeably with total 0% yoghurt and fromage frais. It's usually a bit firmer so it;'s great for making 'boursin' with chives&herbs, or a sweet version, with sweetener and cinnamon to have on my dukan toast :). I make cheesecake with it, and I love to eat it plain, as a dollop on salad or with any dish I might be having (think in terms of mayonnaise). In cooking it is useful for 'creamy' sauces, but just like joghurt, add it at the end of cooking, after turning off the heat to prevent it from splitting.

I use the garlic and herb quark mix with prawns and hard boiled egg. Black pepper is good too. Sweetened mixed spice quark is nice on hot Dukan toast made with microwave bread. Added soaked goji berries in the bread are nice too if you've made a sweet spicy version of the bread.

hi
having problems finding fat free fromage frais or quark for the galettes. any1 have know where to get it in dublin
thanks x

Dunnes Stores does the Quark, rach. It's beside their cottage cheese generally.

If you track down fat free fromage frais, please let me know.

I find it in ASDA easily everytime. There is always loads left.

I use it to mix with curry powder to make the curry sauce for a chicken curry instead of yoghurt. For some reason when I use yoghurt it disappears and goes all weird in the pan. :/ I mixed it with garlic and put it inside a butterflied chicken breast and coated with my oat bran allowance to make a Dukan chicken kiev too. It was gorgeous if I do say so myself :D

I always used to use it for stroganoff instead of sour cream. If you're on pv day, then cook diced meat, sliced onion/peppers/mushrooms, garlic, paprika and a pinch of cayenne then add quark right at the end and warm through before serving. If on pp then I spose just leave out the peppers & mushrooms?

Back