Quarterly Challenge, July, Aug, Sept, Autumn 2016 !!!

Half a pound for me this week. Bit gutted but at least its something.

Of course you can lovely and welcome ! :thankyouthankyou::D You can start straight away, we still have one week left of July. I will put you down as hols for the beginning of the month. I've got your target as 14lbs, I just need your weigh in day ?

I will be putting up the new spreadsheet tomorrow (Friday). Hope your having a fab week Gemma ! :p

Kay xx

Thanks Kay. I weigh on a Monday xx

I stayed the same weight tonight. A bit disappointed as I was on plan the whole week. I really hope to have a loss next week. Finding my meals are becoming really boring and getting irritated that I do feel as though I am on a diet. I want to be able to eat a few slices (half a loaf) of tiger bread with salami and brie cheese. How do you all manage to stay on SW for such a long time? I am on my 14th week and am so tempted to have a day of stuffing my face on all the food I love and can't eat.

I stayed the same weight tonight. A bit disappointed as I was on plan the whole week. I really hope to have a loss next week. Finding my meals are becoming really boring and getting irritated that I do feel as though I am on a diet. I want to be able to eat a few slices (half a loaf) of tiger bread with salami and brie cheese. How do you all manage to stay on SW for such a long time? I am on my 14th week and am so tempted to have a day of stuffing my face on all the food I love and can't eat.

Hi!
I'm afraid I have a confession to make... Periodically I feel like that and the only way I have managed to carry on is by having a day or a meal as a reward for a milestone or something where I do that - fresh crab sandwiches with white wine! :angeldevil: It is very occasional but I can honestly say I don't think I would've stuck to the plan otherwise - for the rest of that week I'm super good (and the gloriously crusty fresh white bread usually bloats me and I feel bleugh). For me it is so worth having an occasional naughtiness but going back to being on plan than giving up and gorging myself for a week and not going back because I feel deprived and I love food (that's why I'm at SW to start with!) - that's what I'm learning... I can treat myself to these things and get back on the plan and it will all be fine as I know this is a more normal food attitude. Slim people treat themselves but then take it into account and modify the following days or what have you. They don't generally deprive themselves until they eat the entire contents of their fridge trying to feel satisfied because they've been too restrictive. My lovely consultant says it's 1 meal out of 21 in the week, you can make up for it at 20 other meals. I'm not saying go for it I'm just saying if the choice for you is this one bread meal (and slimming world has made me aware of why I failed on diets before - you get bored and it's too restrictive so you give up) or you abandon plan! After my naughtiness I get straight back on plan as I feel I've had a break from boring food and I'll be more motivated than before and have a good loss.
I know I'm not the best example but I had to say something because this has been me so many times! Hope you don't feel too disheartened. ;)

I weigh in on a Friday and we have pizza night Friday night, I generally like the food I'm eating but pizza night had been a family tradition for years so I refuse to lose it. Doing it on with day gives me the rest of the week to stay on track and get my loss, when I stay in track it doesn't seem to affect my weigh in. I'm very firm on the fact that although i wasn't too lose weight I want to keep having a life so if my route is a bit meandering sometimes so be it!

I also agree with @EBD if you need to have something, have it and draw a line. Sometimes it isn't such a bad thing to mix things up as far as our bodies are concerned and one meal might put everything straight. I also recommend an app called Yummly. Have a look at that (I think you can get it online too?!) you put the ingredients in your fridge into the app and it brings up wonderful recipes- most of them are SW friendly and a couple might need a few tweaks.
I too have just had my 14th weigh in and I've managed to find ways to make my favourite old bad foods SW friendly and I believe that I can make (almost) every recipe SW friendly with a couple of tweaks here and there. Every month/three weeks, I've had to have something a bit naughty though which my consultant said was fine, just get straight back on it!
Hope you're ok!

Ruth
X

Aww lovely Kay thank you so much for your wonderful words- you are fab! Can't believe it! I still find it so mad!
Oh Kay I do miss you on here but love that you do the challenges for us :) thank you so much- for everything!

Ruth
X

Awww thanks Ruth, your welcome lovely ;).

Kay xx

4.5lb off for me today! :D

Yay ! :wee::woohoo:Fantastic ! Well done hun that's a fab result :D, you must be well chuffed. I will update now. Good luck for next week, I hope you smash it ! :p:bunnydance:

Kay xx

Lost 0.5lbs this week. Really struggling this month...:(

It's still a loss and that's fab hun :), don't be disheartened, I'm sure next week you will do just fab ! :D

Kay xx

Kay 1.5 lbs off for me:)

Yay ! Well done Mini, that's brill hun :winner::0clapper:, I will update now. Good luck for next week, I hope you smash it ! :p

Kay xx

hi Kay - 2.5lbs off for me this week xxx

Brilliant ! :thankyouthankyou::0clapper:Well done on a fantastic loss :D . I will update now. Good luck for next week, hope you smash it ! :p

Kay xx

Thank you Ruth (Trefoil). I've moaned now and I won't give up :p Hoping for my 3 stone next week!

:0clapper:Still having computer probs. Annoying! Also managed to lose 1 lb!!!
Congrats to all losers!!
Well done on your loss ! :winner::D I will update now. Good luck for next week hun, hope you smash it ! :p:bunnydance:

Kay xx

Sorry for being AWOL. My last 2 results are 3lb gain / 1lb loss xx
Well done for getting back on the losing train and your fab loss this week :winner::0clapper: . Good luck for next week, hope you smash it ! :p

Kay xx

sorry for the late reply! i didn't weigh in on saturday hun, so no idea at the moment, but back on sunday! x

That's ok lovely :), I've put you down as hols for that week. Good luck for next week, hope you smash it ! :p:bunnydance:

Kay xx

Back