QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Posting have a humph! :mad:
I was ment to go out with my girlfriends last night but they cancelled because they didn't want to walk on the ice. It's the first time i would have gone out with them all in a year!!!
I was really looking forward to it especially as i had my first nsv! :eek: I got into a lovely top i bought in the summer thinking, oh i'm sure i'll fit into that but it never did :rolleyes:. But now it fits almost perfectly! I was all ready to go out nails, face & hair sorted with my nice new top on & then it was cancelled *humph* So i stayed in and drank tea, had a mince pie & watched batman, go me :p!

Sorry my first 'proper' post in to have a grumble, i promise the next one won't be :D

I was also wondering if anyone had made pastry cases in fairy cake cases? I'm making mince pies but only have muffin tins which are too big. I have truffle cases which are a good size but never put pastry in them...do you think they would come out or get stuck?

Well done on the losses ladies :party0011:

Gooooooooood afternoon all from a VERY snowy me :D... we must have about 3ft out there at the mo ..... still I have stockpiled enough food over the last few months to mean we don't have to go out unless we choose to :thankyouthankyou:-I could feed us for about 3-4 weeks at least with a bit of creative thought :giggle:. I popped outside this morning to clear the front of the house and then uncovered the birdtable n bath and refilled that... so now we can just sit indoors and watch it :smiley1842:hubby broke up on Friday morning too and doesn't go back until 4th Jan -so no digging the car out for him to do either :D
Well I weighed in this morning and Im another 1lb down :woohoo:.... Im shaking things up this week -cutting down on my fruit intake so i have room to eat my syns AND eating my hexBs earlier in the day more often... lets see what THAT does -if anything :cross:..
I have my meal plan sorted for the week -xmas dindins will be roast chicken (don't rate turkey roast) ... and there is nothing "junky" in the house so this xmas could be the first ever where I lose weight rather than gaining loads :cross:
right that is enough waffle from me, hope everyone is well and keeping safe n warm :bundledup:

Oh dear...well birthday over & foodwise I managed to stay within my syns BUT the small bottle of champagne that was absolutely gorgeous may just have killed a loss for me this week. It was a 375ml bottle & yes I did drink it all by myself..though I also resisted a glass of wine when I had finished :eek:... I guessing the syns for the champagne to be ANOTHER 15 :eek:

Well done to everyone for the losses earlier.

Sorry to hear you got let down by your g/fs Grumble there's nothing worse! A bonus you fitted into that top tho ey? On the pastry cases in fairy cake cases side, I would say unless they're the silicone type they'd probably stick? Did you try them? How'd they turn out?

Capricorn, well done on your loss. I hope you don't mind me saying but WOW! You have done so well! Good luck with the tweak of HExb earlier and all that, hope you have a good loss next week! Good idea about the "no junk in the house" bit, we're doing the same in our house!

Well done too to Sweet_Pink, one teeny tiny bottle of champagne, I'd say you did well considering it WAS your birthday.

Keep going everyone, heck - I need real motivation this week with it being so cold, I just wanna munch! How's everyone else feeling?

One tweeny weeny bottle of champagne & I was soooooo tipsy though....what a lightweight!!!!

Good afternoon ladies!
Well done on the NSV's and the restraining on birthdays! Just wish I had all your willpower!
I can't get to group today because of the weather and can't get there next week because of work so potentially I'm looking at like 3 weeks without going to group! Am very worried this may lead to bad habits so am being extra careful to be super good apart from the flexi syn days over Xmas which I have planned (Eeeek!) so went out today (to a very local shop at 10 mph most of the way) and bought things to make a large batch of soup and a lovely big stew, along with some fruit etc will hopefully keep me on track!
I see some of you are planning to be very good over Xmas! I am having our traitional takeaway on Xmas eve (I have waited 8 months for it!) but Xmas dinner shouldn't be too bad as my mum is on SW and will be doing SW friendly everything, I'm not too keen on Xmas pudding etc so that doesn't bother me too much. It's just all the chocolate but hopefully I'll be too stuffed from a SW dinner to even think about chocolates!
So fingers crossed I'll be okayish over Xmas!
Hope you are all safe and keeping warm! Xxxxx

Well done to everyone for the losses earlier.

Sorry to hear you got let down by your g/fs Grumble there's nothing worse! A bonus you fitted into that top tho ey? On the pastry cases in fairy cake cases side, I would say unless they're the silicone type they'd probably stick? Did you try them? How'd they turn out?

Capricorn, well done on your loss. I hope you don't mind me saying but WOW! You have done so well! Good luck with the tweak of HExb earlier and all that, hope you have a good loss next week! Good idea about the "no junk in the house" bit, we're doing the same in our house!

Well done too to Sweet_Pink, one teeny tiny bottle of champagne, I'd say you did well considering it WAS your birthday.

Keep going everyone, heck - I need real motivation this week with it being so cold, I just wanna munch! How's everyone else feeling?
Thanks cornish :hug:
I wore the top the next day because i was so chuffed :D Onwards & downwards!

I did try the pastry & it worked! They were the metallic type of truffle cases- just sprayed them with frylight & they came out a treat! If anyone wants the recipe for the pastry let me know & the recipe for low syn mincemeat is on the recipe section :D

Sorry you are finding this weather tough cornish. Maybe try some speed soup? It's lovely with quorn pieces or chicken & you could always have a brown roll with it as your h.e.b Very filling & warms you up! :D

ps. I'm always looking for new recipes, I'd love to get yours for the pastry! x

Here it is :)

Sweet pastry

56g flora (10)
84g plain flour (15)
10g sweetner
1/2 egg yolk
cold water
=25
Divide into 25 =1 syn each

Method

Cream the sweetner and marg together.Stir in the egg yolk, Gradually mix in the sieved flour. If the mixture is too dry add some cold water. Divide into 25 equal parts, roll into balls & roll out into circles with a rolling pin. Spray fry light into truffle cases and line the cases with the pastry. Fill with approx 10g of low syn mincemeat & cook for 10-15 mins at 200 oC

Each mini mincepie is 1.5 syns

Low syn mincemeat

150g (5oz) cooking apples - grated (3)
225g (80z) mixed dried fruit (17.5)
1/2 tsp mixed spice
150ml (1/4pt) sweet cider (2.5)
2tbsps brandy whisky or rum (2.5)
=22.5

Divide into 22. Each portion (roughly 20g) is 1 syn

Method

Place apples, and fruit in saucepan add mixed spice and cider simmer for about 20 mins until the mixture forms a pulp or most of the liquid has evaporated.
Stir in your choice of spirit and allow to cool, this can be kept in the fridge in a sterilised jar for up to 4 months once opened use within a week.

Flying visit ladies because we're having mega problems with the desktop computer upstairs and I'm trying to get it sorted out! Well done on all the losses and other positive strokes you've been sharing and good luck to everyone for the xmas week! We CAN be strong! :p
I'm loving the fact that DESPITE 2 xmas meals this last week - one of which was yesterday - I've still managed to drop another 3lbs this week :D:D so just 1lb to my first 1.5 stones in 5 weeks. I love SW! :p

Thanks Grumble for mince pie recipe, 1.5syns each beats 13 syns for traditional ones!! Well done to Lesley01 for your loss this week, hope you got you pc sorted!

Well done Lesley...isnt SW just fab :D

Grumble, I dont like mince pies but I'm thinking that maybe I could have an alternative in a pastry case. I used to do fab mini lemon meringues but as the filling used condensed milk I'm guessing they wouldnt be too SW friendly :sigh::sigh:

I'm checking in with a miraculous 3lb loss this week which means I've hit my mini target of getting into the 15's by Christmas Day :D My next mini target is fitting into my wedding dress by our wedding anniversary at the beginning of May.. :eek: I can get into it & zip it about 2/3rd of the way up at the minute but I need to lose a bit from my boobs to get it the whole way up :eek:. My 5 year old dd told me that I looked like a princess in it (she didnt see the zip not up at the back :rolleyes:) which actually brought a tear to my eye as I know at the beginning of my SW journey in august I could even get into the dress never mind move the zip :eek: I'm now just 1/2lb off my 4 stone shiney so thats really spurring me on to stay as much on plan as possible over Christmas..

Anyway good luck to everyone & onwards & downwards...we WILL get there in the end :)

Well done Lesley...isnt SW just fab :D

Grumble, I dont like mince pies but I'm thinking that maybe I could have an alternative in a pastry case. I used to do fab mini lemon meringues but as the filling used condensed milk I'm guessing they wouldnt be too SW friendly :sigh::sigh:

I'm checking in with a miraculous 3lb loss this week which means I've hit my mini target of getting into the 15's by Christmas Day :D My next mini target is fitting into my wedding dress by our wedding anniversary at the beginning of May.. :eek: I can get into it & zip it about 2/3rd of the way up at the minute but I need to lose a bit from my boobs to get it the whole way up :eek:. My 5 year old dd told me that I looked like a princess in it (she didnt see the zip not up at the back :rolleyes:) which actually brought a tear to my eye as I know at the beginning of my SW journey in august I could even get into the dress never mind move the zip :eek: I'm now just 1/2lb off my 4 stone shiney so thats really spurring me on to stay as much on plan as possible over Christmas..

Anyway good luck to everyone & onwards & downwards...we WILL get there in the end :)

What about the lemon curd on the recipe section? It's really tasty & free!
Thanks for the idea of using the cases for other things! :)
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/101626-syn-free-lemon-curd.html

Thanks Grumble, that sounds really fab!!!! Might just have to try them :D

Does anyone know of an alternative to Quark as I cant seem to get it over here?? :confused:

That's ok! I'm going to try it too! Yum yum.

I sometimes use very low fat fromage frais instead of quark, but it is runnier than quark. What were you thinking of using it for?
Where do you live pinkie?

And forgot to say well done for your target!!! Bet you're so chuffed! You have done brilliantly!
I can't wait to get that weight *sigh* :D

Thanks. You'll be there before you know it coz I only started mid august & never ever expected to lose as much before the end of the year. I think the support from this thread has really spurred me on & kept me on the right track :D

Thanks again Grumble for fab recipe, we have a tasting sesh tomorrow at WI and I will be bringing this in made in your little 1/2 syn pastry cases, will let you know how I get on! Well done Sweet Pink for another 3lb off, result for a week before Christmas!! x

Back