QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Ooooh Grumble, what's in the parcels? They both look good, were they tasty? Where DO you get all these fab recipes, they're so imaginative!!! (I hate boring food!) :D

They were the mincemeat too :D I'm taking them into w.i tomorrow, crossed fingers everyone will like them! They were tasty! I had to try just incase they were horrible hehe. I think i prefer the pastry cases but the parcels are still yummy!
I mentioned somewhere on the site that im going to have my usual takeaway on xmas eve but make some veggie spring rolls (with the filo & stirfy mix) & some egg fried rice. Then just have mixed veg from the chinese mmmm yum yum.
I spend too much time searching for recipes! I love cooking but have THE tinest kitchen in the world, I think i'd cook a lot more if we had more space :(

Well done Lesley and Sweetpink! Fab work girlies! :girlpower:

I'm having a hard week, SW wise. I have an absolute stinking cold and, because of feeling rubbish and the fact we've still got 6 inches of snow, I haven't been out to do a proper shop since last week! Result = one lost mojo and I don't think I'm going to get it back before the New Year! Now, to put that in context, it means I'm not eating enough fruit and veg and I've had a few naughty treats, but I think I'm probably still within my weekly syns limit, just about!

Amazing how we redefine what 'naughty' is isn't it? Yesterday it was that I'd had a mini pork pie, the day before that, that I'd had a mini caramel shortbread... 6 months ago, naughty would have been eating the whole pack of pork pies or the whole packet of caramel shortbreads!!!

Grumble, your mince tarts look delish! I might have a go at a couscous cake today, but I haven't got any mincemeat in, so will have to try a lemon one!

Have a lovely day everyone and keep warm! x

Spanx thats not really that naughty at all especially when you compare what you would have had before..amazing how SW changes the way we think about food. I will admit to not having as much fruit & veg as I should too but I havent been able to get my car out (& the closest shop is over 4 miles away) since last friday so have been dependant on hubby bringing home 'supplies' on his way home from work. He does buy fruit & veg but just doesnt buy enough of it :eek:

Still considering the weather & the time of year I think we are all doing absolutely amazing. If youre feeling down just think back to this time last year & see just how far we have all come. I know last year I was thinking more along the lines of did we have enough sweets, alcohol & party food in the house rather than panicking about not having enough fruit & veg.

As for alcohol hubby asked me last night what I wanted to get in for over Christmas so I told him to get whatever he wanted but just to get me a small bottl of champagne & that would do me....I'm going for quality over quantity this year!!!! :D

hiya all,
just a quicky......got an early Christmas pressie!!! conjunctivitis :cry:
so didn't get to class last night and have eaten what ever i can easily identify as food with out looking at it 2 long.:p
so that 3 stone shiney will have to wait till jan....prolly the end of :sigh:.
but not the end of the world an will hopefully be gone as soon as it came!

be back for a catch up when i can look at the screen long enough to read it properly!

hope you are all having a lovely warm safe week xxx

Spanx and Sweet Pink well done you for keeping up the good attitude and staying on the straight and narrow with only minimal treats considering circumstance! I agree (and am lovin') the change in attitude SW gives us, a naughty treat for me is a biscuit or two not a packet or two like I used to and I still feel like I have had enough of a treat! I'm with you on the quality instead of quantity this year.

Chin up Jigglymum - see how far you've come and look at the bigger picture not just this little blip. Weightloss is a journey and sometimes we lose our way but if we persevere, we'll get there in the end! Hope your conjunctivitis clears up soon x

I'm checking in with a 1.5lb weight loss (WI today) so hitting my Club10 shiny by next week MAY be a possibility – we’re still on SW during Christmas (MIL permitting – her idea of being on a diet is cream teas and donuts!?)

Hope you all have a good Christmas x

I'm defo with the quality not quantity idea everyone is having! I'm also pretty proud of myself for not getting sucked into buying loads of goodies for xmas. Ben & jerrys is on offer everywhere! Normally i'd probably go through 3 tubs a week, i just couldn't resist but now i just walk right past!

Fingers crossed for your club 10 next week cornish, i hope i can manage to get mine next week too! I lost 0.5lbs today which took me to 2 stone loss! Yay! But now only 1lb to my clube 10....Here's to us achieving that next week eh? Perfect pressie for the new year :D

Hi everyone, I thought I'd pop in and say that I'm still alive despite being awol for a while. :wavey:

Welcome new ladies.:D

I don't have loads to share, I've been trying to learn how to have a social life and do SW and so far failing quite miserably but I'll learn and hopefully find a way! Kind of funny really because when I first started I'd look at people blaming parties for weight gains and think to myself they should just buck their ideas up and just get on with it. Now I feel like a fool lol. Oh well, live and learn.:)

I hope you all have a wonderful xmas. :massmoon:

Hi Laura - how lovely to see you! It sounds like lots of us are struggling this month with combining social lives with slimming! I am trying to keep on track as much as possible, to limit the damage and will be back at full throttle in the New Year!

For me, better to be realistic and face a small gain than think I can cope with a SW christmas and end up having a blow out!!!

Merry Christmas! x

Hey Grumble, well done on your loss ! I'm with you to reach our Club10 shiny by next WIW (Weigh in Wednesday as it's known in our house) ;D. Oh the Ben and Jerrys' my downfall too - but no tubs in our freezer tho!

WB Lovely Laura, good luck with the juggling of SW and social life, it's getting that balance. x

Gooooooood morning lovely ladies... hope we are all well-or at least on the mend.... and keeping safe n warm :bundledup:
Well done on the losses folks :happy036:-
:cross: that I will be joining you when I weigh in on boxing day... so far Im still on track -I have simply not made or brought any xmas cake, pud, chocs etc.... makes life much easier ;), and Im feeling great for not having my usual cristmas over indulgence bloat going on :bliss:
There is nothing much going on here -we are under about 18" of snow now-but I have enough shopping in to mean we don't have to go out for weeks if we don't want to,,, so Im spending some time making meal plans for the newyear :giggle:....I reckon we need to sort out some more mini challenges for ourselves once january is here -what do you all reckon?
oohhh before I go -out of the "older" members on here -can anyone remember who it was who signed up for a charity bike ride/walk ????? its driving me crazy as Im sure it was one of you lovely lot on here :confused:, only Im eyeing one up so thought I would see if they have done theirs and what it was like....
anyhoo -enough waffle from me.. have a great day everyone and keep at it....

Good Luck on getting your Club 10's net week Grumble & Cornish.. I'm sure you'll both manage it & what a great end to the year it would be. I'm hoping for at least a 1/2lb loss on tuesday to get my 4 stone shiney so fingers crossed!!

Capricorn what a fab idea about a mini challenge for january to get us all back on track.

Laura great to see you & loved your post about this time last year. It really makes us appreciate just what we have all achieved this year :D

I'm up for mini challange to set 2011 off with a bang, what you got in mind Capricorn. Here's rooting for you Sweet Pink, I'm sure you can do 1/2lb off and you got your mini challange for in time for crimbo too - well done!!

Well ladies :/
I've ha my Xmas eve tradition of...wait for it...MACDONALDS! Eeek :(before, I had the train of thought that it's Christmas and Christmas is MY time of year and I had been so good, even lost 2lbs unofficially since my last weigh in, so I almost deserved it. Now I feel like everyone will think I am going to screw all this up! I suppose I just need to hear that I am allowed a few treats now and then!
Sorry to be so silly!
BUT merry Christmas abs I hope you all have a brilliant time ladies!
Xxx

Of course you're allowed a treat :D If you're going to eat sensibly for the rest of your life there has to be room in there somewhere for a blowout or you'll never stay the course! I also had a treat last night - a humongous glass of white chocolate vodka and then half a takeaway curry with 1.5 chappatis :p Twas yummy and I refuse to feel guilty ;) I'll be off plan today as well but then tomorrow it's back on with a vengeance. That's where the difference lies now I suppose - the recognition that I can't continue doing what I did yesterday and NOT put weight on :sigh:

Anyway Merry Xmas to you all - I'm just waiting for OH to wake up before we can get on to opening the pressies!!
:Christmas02r::47::Christmas02r:

Good morning ladies... hope we are all well and having a lovely time :smiley1842:..... you should see the snow here :eek: we have had another 8" overnight so it must be getting close to 3ft deep out there -looks soooo pretty :33:Im staying in as I have hubbies :sick:-so feel a bit bleugghhhh..... although Im using my time to plot n plan meals etc (Im a sad sac I know :p)
Well ladies it was weigh in for me this morning and the scales say...... 3lbs off :party0011:... it has never been known for me to NOT gain copious amounts at this time of year :happy036:.... anyway it has set me off thinking that Im going to set myself a mini target between now Valentines day (and Im counting todays weigh in:giggle:) -so Im going to set up a ticker for a "victorious valentines" don't know if anyone wants to join in, or if anyone has any ideas for other challenges? I have 7 weigh ins now until the 13 Feb... so Im going to set a goal of 1st -so only 11lb to go and anything else will be a bonus ;)
right ladies I will get off.... have a lovely day and keep safe n warm :bundledup:

Back