QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELY LADIES
Sounds like you had a good night lesley :p
We were lay in bed at midnight with the curtains open watching the fireworks ----- that went on until gone 1:30 am -we know how to party :D

Weigh day for me in the morning 1.5lbs would be super duper as it would give me my 100lbs off -but whatever they say I will be happy as I have stayed on plan over the festive season, which is more important to me than the scale reading as I know I have cracked my eating demons now :bliss:
Hope everyone is well (apart from the hangovers :giggle:)
Have a lovely evening all!!!! and here is to a wonderfull and slimming 2011 :D

Evening ladies! :D

Happy New Year to all the lovely ladies on this thread! I hope you're all feeling a bit better than me - my head feels like someone's run me ove rin a car and then reversed over me for good measure! :( If I was an animal they'd put me down for sure!! :giggle:

Spanx - well done on maintaining hun! And fingers crossed for a loss next week :) I lost 1lb this week after gaining 2.5lb the week before Christmas. I think the New Year's Eve alcohol calories will catch up with me next week :sigh:
Lesley - I love that picture! It completely sums up the way I'm feeling today, lol!

As does this lovely picture:

hangover+cartoon.jpg

So in an attempt to cure my hangover I have spent the day becoming one with the couch and watching The Horse Whisperer - I don't generally need much encouragement to veg out, but resistance is just plain futile today, lol! On to the crux of the matter...over the course of the afternoon I have developed a somewhat worrying crush on Robert Redford :eek: :eek:

robert-redford.jpg
robert-redford-in-the-hor-004.jpg

This is NOT good! I already have an enormous crush on Christopher Plummer as Captain von Trapp (mmmmmm, yummy!)

soundmusic45.jpeg

and more than a slight crush on Alan Rickman! :eek:

GQ-9-91.jpg

I can't be doing with any more older men crushes! :8855: Somebody give me a slap now please!

I think all the alcohol has addled my brain...time for me to take myself off and have a word with myself :eek: xxx

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES! :new_year:

:happy096: to those who managed to stay ON plan AND lose. I wish us all a healthy and prosperous 2011. :hug99:

Morning ladies...
I did it.... 1.5lb off this morning so I hit my 100lb :happy036:..... .....
I hope everyones hangovers have gone :p ...
We have had more snow overnight to add to the 2ft allready here... and they have given out warnings for more in the week ..so i can see some more trudging through snow for exercise going on here:bliss:

Right I will get off and get on with something...not sure what yet, but I will think of something :D

Hope everyone has a lovely day.....

Woohoo! I've said it on your thread Capricorn, but it deserves a second time:

Congratulations! You are fabarooney!!!!

Sian - Robert Redford yes, Alan Rickman, well, ok, at a push, but Christopher Plummer?!!!! :eek: Give me Sean Bean or Colin Firth any day!

Well, as expected, the New Year's blow out has led to a 1lb gain today, but I'm philosophical about it - I've had a good Christmas - not pigged out, but not denied myself either - so if I can do that and only gain 1lb, I'm happy!

Back on track from tomorrow - my Mum is cooking a New Year's Dinner today, so that should be just about my daily syns, but am going to say back on plan 100% from tomorrow!

Have a good Sunday everyone! x

Can I join you, ladies?

I have heaps to lose and have done SW several times in the past and have managed to get around 7st off each time. I have fallen off the wagon big time, like about a year! So I am at my top weight at the mo but hopefully on the way down again.

I am slimming with my lovely Hubby who is around 6ft and 15 stone so he dosent have loads to lose but he is a great support and we have both been given the vouchers from the GP and my Mum has offered to babysit the three kids 8,9 and 10 so we can have a SW eve each Monday. We are going to a new group to ring the changes and I have started on the plan from the magazine today, cleared out the Christmas food (bird table is heaving).

Feeling massive at the mo but massively motivated too!

Worrying scales will take me at the group as the Dr's scales didnt go high enough!!

Prob at the 24 st mark but will post my stats tomorrow once we've been to group.

Lots of love to all,

Lucia x

Can I join you lovely ladies as well please? I have read through some of the thread and would like to give massive congratulations to Capricorn - that is a fantastic achievement and you must be very proud. xxx

x x x

Welcome Orion83 & Lucia - everyone in here is really helpful and will provide any inspiration you need! :D

Well done Capricorn! What a fantastic start to the new year for you!

Sian - that is not good! You need to be feasting your eyes on younger bods than those. Now this is more my style - as long as he doesn't open his mouth! :p
Becks.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Lucia & Orion :grouphugg:

I've only just joined the group but found it very supportive & inspiring.

I joined sw less than 3 months ago & have lost 30lbs...i'm so pleased, i have a lot more to lose but i know i can do it with the support here & at the group, and you can too yay!!!

Can I join you ladies as well? I started SW online a week ago and love it so far! need to stay motivated tho!

Well done on losing 100lb Capricorn!! It's always amazing to hear when people have such great losses :)

Well done Capricorn, 100lbs is no easy feat! Maybe we should start some sort of "greatest losers" thread for all of you, with all of your inspiring stories!

Hi all, thanks for the welcomes.

Hope everyone has had a good day today. I have completed Day 1 of the 30 day shred so will no doubt be in agony tomorrow. Eating wise has been good and I haven't missed my daily intake of chocolate - I must be ill!

xxxxx

:wave_cry::break_diet::wave_cry:
I'm just here to confess that I have had my weigh-in and have put on 6.5lbs! :eek: I'm thoroughly ashamed and have done an hour already on the Wii as penance! I'm also going to walk into town to see if anywhere is open but I refuse to buy in the sales because I'm going to be soooooooo good that nothing new will fit within a few weeks! :p Today is a new day though and holidays end tomorrow so I can ditch these bad habits of alcohol and snacks, get OH back to work and get back on track!

*clinking of glasses* Hi all and a Happy New Year!! I hope 2011 sees you shedding those pounds!

I’ve not been on for a few days (so this might be a long reply – apologies in advance) and the posts have piled up! Hope had all great celebrations and everyone is motivated and focused to kick those pounds into touch.

Commiserations to those that have gained, hope you guys can get your heads around it and get back on that wagon. I had a few wobbly days over Xmas too and took Spanx’s advice and joined her back on the wagon – I’ve been a good girl!

Hope Jigglymum’s feeling better, bless. *hugs*

Thanks to Sweet Pink and Spanx for the positive comments about going it alone w/o a group. I am doing fine so far, part in thanks to you lovely peeps on here for the support.

Sweet Pink - How’s that Wii fit coming along, still enjoying it? I was going to get one but not sure if I’d do it in the lounge with hubby there of an evening.

A big well done to Sweet Pink, Capricorn, Grumbletumble and
Dudette2001uk on your weight losses, that’s brilliant!
Coscar, don’t beat yourself up for one little Chinese, remember it’s a lifestyle and a Chinese is allowed! :D

Hi Freshstartnewme!, did you get your Wii?

Grumbletumble, I’m sure you can get your 4st by 22 July, I counted and it seems it’s 28 weeks away, so average of 2lb a week. I think you can do it, the question is do you? Go Girl!!! :party0011:

Capricorn, sounds like you’re having fun trudging in the snow to keep fit! Hope you get your stepper for the Wii.

:welcome2: to Lucia Lucia, orion83 and Aaliyah, I’m the same as Grumble as I’ve only recently joined and these Princesses are well supportive and friendly.

Well, I used to WI on Wednesday, but I had a blow out day the day before and decided not to go to group and try and do SW on my own. As Hubbs weighs in on a Monday I decided to change my WI to a Monday. So it was the scales of pain for me today and I’ve lost 4.5lb! As I am now using my home scales instead of group scales I am taking this giant loss with a pinch of salt but am still chuffed as I have got my Club10 and my 2St Award.

Let’s get going peeps, we can do it!

Good afternoon all :wavey:

:welcome2: to the newbies....

We still have snow and more predicted -so hopefully I will get out for a "trudge" tomorrow -although if it freezes over again I won't be going anywhere ;)

Well done on the losses folks :happy036:and hugs to those with gains... you will get them off again in no time!!

I have decided to UP the exercise -I have been getting lazy :eek: -so I have just been on the wii and clocked up nearly 600cals :happy036: 45mins alternating between "step" and "target + heavy bag boxing" and then just 15 mins playing tennis to cool down... cor I worked up a lather :D ... my plan is to at least do that on alternate days and possibly walk on the days inbetween -although when my new games get here I may find something more interesting -AND I have the raiser for the fit board coming so that could be fun n games when Im doing the step (lets see how many times I trip over it shall we :giggle:)
Im on a red day todays so Im doing pork chops tonight with a creamy garlic mushroom and peppercorn sauce, home made wedges and veggies nomnomnom and as the sauce is made with single cream I will add a :drool: too :rotflmao:

anyway I will get off for now..have a lovely day everyone and hope those missing princesses are away having a good time!!

Lesley - you did a great thing today, you got right back on that wagon. This time last yr I was ashamed to go back to weigh after Christmas and left my class and didnt get back onto it all year :eek: I am stones heavier now not a iddy biddy 6.5 lbs.With your motivation you will have wiped that Christmas gain off in a flash, dont feel a failure you did a great thing.

Welcome new ladies.:talk017:

Lucia, don't worry about the scales, they go up to something like 36 stone. I was worried when I first started and emailed SW to check.

Well done on your 100 Capricorn, absolutely wonderful.:D

I'm properly back on track now and have found some extra little will-power that has been severly lacking in recent months. I think when I add up my total loss for December it'll be all of 1lb-if I'm lucky.:cry: Ah well, can't change it now, can only get back on with it.

My group have told me they want to get me to WOTY this year which gives me until about Septemeber I think to get rid of lots more fat! Apparently I don't need to be at target which is just as well but of course I'd like to be getting close to it if possible.

I wasn't perfect on NYE but I could have been far worse so I'm hoping for a little loss at least tomorrow.

College starts again on Wednesday so it's back to being incredibly busy which means I need to be organised. Oh and I need to find some time for the gym again. I haven't been for 4 months.:eek::eek:

Anyway, enough of my waffling. Happy new year everyone.:D

Thanks Laura, the Dr's scales didnt go high enough, very embarrasing :sigh:

Off now to weigh and will post the big figure when I get back!

Back