QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Capricorn - there's no rush! I'm having another week of purely EE this week so see what my weight loss is like before I decide to change. I like EE because it suits what I eat, so I wouldn't want to give up on it if it keeps working :) xxx

Spanx - what have you read that implies that EE gives slower weight loss? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I'd be interested in where you read it, as it's now SW's default plan for most new starters, so I'd be surprised if they put that in writing?

From what I've read on here, EE seems to suit some people fine, but others do find their loss is slower on it. I think it's probably more sustainable in the long term though. I'm doing about 4 EE days a week and will see how I get on. There are some huge losers on these boards though who have done EE all the way through.

On a different note... I've just had a Sainsbury's Basics Choc Ice (4.5 syns) and it was blooming lush!!!!

Spanx - what have you read that implies that EE gives slower weight loss? I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but I'd be interested in where you read it, as it's now SW's default plan for most new starters, so I'd be surprised if they put that in writing?

From what I've read on here, EE seems to suit some people fine, but others do find their loss is slower on it. I think it's probably more sustainable in the long term though. I'm doing about 4 EE days a week and will see how I get on. There are some huge losers on these boards though who have done EE all the way through.

On a different note... I've just had a Sainsbury's Basics Choc Ice (4.5 syns) and it was blooming lush!!!!

Hi Pink, On the first page of the EE booklet, it says something like 'we'll monitor your weight loss and help you decide when to switch to green or red if you need to speed up your weightloss' - I took that to mean that EE is slower than choosing red or green days. I'm interested to hear people's experiences of EE, as it looks like a great choice for me to fit in with work and a fussy son!

Afternoon all

Spanx -well done on keeping track when faced with such temptation :clap:..

Thanks Capricorn! I've got a lot going on in the next month or so, so I'm going to need to have strategies to manage them all...

Hi there!

Spanx - you still have 29 syns by my counting, so I wouldn't have completely syns free days. When's your weigh in hun? I'd try to have 5 per day until then. You won't feel so deprived then! :)

Regarding EE - well I've lost 15lb in the last 7 weeks, but only 0.5lb each week for the past couple (* week was on it's way). I don't know yet whether it's due to the EE plan, or due to * week, so I've decided to have another week of purely EE to see what my weight loss is like this week. I think my problem has been not sticking to the 1/3 superfree over the last couple of week (got a bit lax really) so I'm upping my superfree intake in the hope of it shifting the weight. I actually had 2 or 3 green days last week and still noly lost 0.5lb, so I don't think it was the EE plan that was to blame. I'm not sure if this makes any sense, I hope it does though :)

Sian xxx

Thanks Sian for the info. EE looks to be a good option for me, if it works! I will be watching your progress with interest!

On syns, I found last time round that if I wanted to have all green days, which is what I normally do, I needed to make sure I kept to no more than 70 or so syns a week to lose - I think it's because of all the pasta, rice and potato, but the green days generally suit my tastes better!

Thanks for that info Spanx - that just encourages me to stick to what I'm doing.. ie: try to have a mix of all the plans each week (keeps the old body guessing!)

I think people's success on EE depends on how well they stick to the 1/3 superfree rule - if people don't bother, they seem to put on.

Helen x

:) Evening Ladies, How are we all today!

Well i am sorry i have not been on here much over weekend, me so tired, got back from work last night and by time i ate my tea and went to bed it was 11pm and i was up again at 6 today for another shift! one more shift and i have a few days off! Wooooo!

:welcome2:A big welcome to new members Spanx and Ninno, this is a lovely team and its great to see it expanding, and us shrinking if you know what i mean! And well done to all the losers this week, capricorn, great loss girlie, you must feel fab! Big well done to you hunny

:bananalove:My hubby has just cooked a lush roast, was soooo nice. Chicken with all the trimmings, and all syn free apart from the gravy! He also treated me today, came home from work today to some lovely new underwear and a nice new top! get me! which was a lovely surprise.

I STS this week, was bit perplexed as i have been on plan but having dwelled and ponitificated on it! i think i know why! My * week is now 10 days late, .:censored:..TMI ALERT... which has lessened my bowel action!:yuk: So i feel really bloated! Also, i realised that as i have been up at 5am alot of mornings to get ready for work, i havent been eating breakfast! so i think combined, them three things have slowed me down a little!

:cry:Hoping for a good loss next WI to really boost me! only need a few pounds for my two stone, so that is my mini goal to get to! :cross:

I am feeling positive though, i feel i have really changed over the last few months, attitude wise. I would normally go off rails :party0051:at point that i didnt lose what i wanted, but i havent. I have accepted it and kind of just got on with it. Whats the point, it will only hurt me in the long run if i go off plan! So some nice diet :party0027: with loads of ice and a bowl of strawberries instead i think! Also realised that my new works uniform is two sizes smaller than the one i was wearing a few months ago, so i am pretty damn chuffed about that!

:secret:Ok. so were going for a "try something new" challenge. I am pledging to try three new recipes this week; and i will also be posting piccies on our thread; my recipes are;

1. Hunters chicken(courtesy of chelle and sian)
2. Thai crab cakes with chilli dip
3. Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup(courtesy of team queen again) thanks girls!

Ooh, this post is mahoosive! sorry guys

Just one last thing, Well done to everyone!Go forward and shrink! xxx

Oooo, I've just got some inspiration from your new recipes Louise!

This week I'm going to try 3 new recipes:

1. Tuna fishcakes
2. Sticky lemon chicken (recipe below)
3. Egg, chip and pepper bake

Sticky Lemon Chicken

Serves 2

2½ syns 0n Red

Ingredients

2 chicken breast fillets
1 large lemon
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves or a generous sprinkling of dried thyme
1 tbsp clear honey - (2½ syns)

Method

Preheat the grill to high and lightly oil a shallow heatproof dish.

Put the chicken in the dish, skin side down, and season with salt and pepper.

Grill for 5 minutes.

While the chicken is grilling, cut four thin slices from the lemon.

Turn the chicken fillets over and put a slice of lemon on top of each one.

Sprinkle over the thyme and a little more seasoning, then drizzle with the honey.

Squeeze over the juice from the remaining lemon and spoon round 2 tbsp water.

Return to the grill for 10 minutes more, until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through.

I know they sound very simple, but I'm not a very adventurous cook :)

Sian xxx

Ok, these are the 3 recipes I'm going to try (not sure if I'll get to them this week, but will try asap!)

They've all come from the recipe section on this site - what a fab resource!

[FONT=&quot]Posted by Madhousemum:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]BBQ sauce recipe

1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper.

balsamic vinegar and worcestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce that is perfect for a dip, basting chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.[/FONT]

Alternative pesto sauce posted by Mummy Helen:

1 Cup basil leaves
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp fat free (ground) parmesan cheese

Britmum’s creamy pasta
Serves 2
Free on Extra Easy and Green (if you syn or HE the ham)
Ingredients
2 cups of uncooked pasta (I used the tri coloured one)
3 slices of ham, chopped
4 heaped tablespoons of quark
1 crush clove of garlic
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
mixed salad leaves
fresh chopped basil
Method
Add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and simmer until tender.
In a bowl mix together the chopped ham, quark, crushed garlic cloves, black pepper and paprika.
When pasta is ready, drain and stir in quark mixture.
Serve on some mixed salad leaves topped with fresh basil.
[FONT=&quot]You could also add a HEa serving of cheese if you have one spare to use.[/FONT]

YUM!

If any of you haven't tried it yet, the SW Pizza using Smash as a Pizza Base is incredibly nice - I approached it with huge trepidation, but it was lovely :D

Ooooo I made that a couple of weeks ago and it really did hit my 'junk food' spot :giggle: I put all sorts on it, twas yummsville :D

Hi All

Glad everyone seems to have had good weekends. Work again tomorrow...where do the weekends go!

Anyway, I've had a bit of a naughty weekend, chinese last night and a chicken shish kebab tonight! For the chinese I decided to stick to my red week and I had roast pork with bamboo shoots and then some beef with mushrooms. Both were lovely and I'm hoping the syns weren't ridiculous! I also thought that the chicken shish wouldn't be too bad. Chicken breast - good, marinade - not so good, asda pitta - HEXB, extra light mayo - 2 syns and loads of free salad. Hoping the marinade isn't bad enough to take me over 15 syns. Fingers crossed for WI tomorrow :eek:

I've been hammering the exercise, done another 2.5 hours today so it looks like I'm just short of my target :(

New challenge tomorrow though and my 3 new recipes for the week are:
syn free beef stew
spicy lamb meatloaf
that pork, paprika ragu thing Sian suggested
(As you can tell, another Red week for me!)

I've not been to Turkey myself, but 2 of my friends have been out there this year, one for a party girls holiday and the other for a quiet (ish) family holiday, both loved it. So I've heard some good reports.

Well done everyone on their weight losses this week. Staying the same is not a bad result, especially when * week is involved! Congratulations Capricorn on your achievements this week, its brilliant and I can't wait to make those same targets myself. You should be really proud of yourself and all your hard work is really paying off. Well done you.

Take care all and keep up the good work xx

Ok, I have been having a look trying to decide what recipes I'm going to try this week.

I'm going to try the following:

1) BBQ Sauce (recipe posted above) with my chicken that I have in the freezer.

2) Salmon & Potato Salad (based on the Trout recipe in the EE cookbook but using Salmon instead as I don't like Trout)

3) Spicy Beanburgers (in the Quick & Easy cookbook I've got from years ago).

Helen x

Hey girls ive been a bit naughty this weekend.. Well yesterday I was at a bbq all day.. Managed to stick to meat (no fat or skin) With potatos and salad but then drank lots of vodka.. Then today Ive had bangers and mash with 1 yorkshire and gravy.. Then some malteasers tonight :( So ive slipped up quite a bit.. But my weigh-in isnt until Thursday and im dusting off my exercise bike tomorrow, going to try and do half an hour/45 mins a day on it for now.. Ill be gutted if I dont lose weight this week x

Hello Ladies!!

I've not posted here for a couple of days so was quite behind with what you have all been up too.

Well done on all the weightlosses. Everything counts, even 1/2 a pound is a loss and thats all we are after!

I'm struggling a little today - not food wise, I'm doing so well this week and feeling really focused. I had a mishap while I was away last weekend visiting a friend. I went to sit on a chair (on wheels) and it slid across the floor as I went to sit on it, needless to say I landed flat on my (__Y__) and I'm in total agony. I already have serious back issues caused by my weight and also by carrying two sets of twins in 9 months but this is a new injury and its really knocking me off my feet. I've been to the doctors but she did n't really offer much sympathy and said it was just bruised. Infact she was more concerned with telling me she could now weigh me on her scales cause they weigh up to 250kgs! Think she must have read in my notes that on my previoius visit to the doctors I couldn't be weighed due to the scales only weighing to 18 stone. I've damaged the area at the bottom of my spine and around it and its making me so miserable. I'm quite active despite my weight and having limited mobility, things just take me longer but I still do them and still have a spotless house but today I've been pretty much bed bound - it hurts to sit down more than to stand and there is no position where I am totally pain free.

Sorry to have a whinge but I'm feeling a little fragile and very sorry for myself. :cry:

Awwww Alia, try not to be down. I know what it is like with a bad back, it is purely miserable. The simplest of things is agony!
If the doctor was right and it is only bruised it will hopefully feel better soon.
Chin up hun and just take things easy! Sometimes things knock us off our game but just stick in there and hopefully you'll be back to your usual self in no time :)

Have you got any painkillers? I know they usually don't even touch back pain, but they may help.

Back