QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Awww Alia that sounds flipping horrible :( I've only ever hurt my back once and that was enough! Every movement was agony. I hope it gets better quick for you! xxx

Right, my recipies for this week! I can't do anything too elaborate or time consuming because I don't get in from work till 5.30 and I can't wait to eat! lol So i'm going to do.......

* grilled ginger and soy salmon with lovely stir fry veggies (EE cookbook)

* fillet steak with mustard sauce and hassleback potatoes (EE cookbook lol)

* creamy haddock pie (One-pot wonders cookbook)

Oooo, Bev that steak sounds good, don't suppose you could post the recipe?

I certainly can my dear :D lol

Serves 4 - 1/2 syn on EE

596g new pots - scrubbed
fry light
rosemary sprigs
sea salt

For the sauce
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
2 tsp mustard powder
340ml beef stock
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
312g mixed mushrooms
6 tbsp ff nat yog
a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the steaks
4 lean beef fillet steaks
2 tbsp crushed mixed peppercorns

Preheat oven to 200c/gas 6. Cut small slices into each potatoe at regular intervals, making sure not to cut right through. Place the pots on a baking sheet and spray with fry light. Tuck the rosemary sprigs into some of the slices. Sprinkled with sea salt and cook in the oven for 10 mins. Remove from oven, turn pots and cook for a further 30-40 mins or until cooked through. Set aside to keep warm.

Meanwhile (lol) make the sauce; place the shallots, mustard powder, stock and mustard into a small pan. Whisk to mix well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the mushrooms and simmer for 8-10 mins. Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt and chopped parsley. Season well and keep warn.

Season the steaks with the crushed peppercorns and some salt. Spray a non stick pan with fry light and place over a hot heat. Cook the steaks of 5-6 mins on each side or until cooked to your liking (I will do mine on my George Foreman)

Serve with veggies of your choice (recipie says spinach, but I hate that! lol) and the sauce drizzled over the steak.

I'll be halving the recipe cos I'm only making it for 2 people :D

Enjoy!

That sounds perfect, will try and fit that in somewhere this week.
Thanks Bev xx

Hiya!!

Awwww, Alia...hope your back gets better soon. I fell rather painfully on my coccyx a couple of months ago (yes, there was alcohol involved! Thought I'd get that in before anyone asked :8855:) and it still gives me gyp now at night, but not so much. Hopefully if you've only bruised it it will be feeling much better soon :)

Chelle - if you're going to make the pork and paprika ragu you might need to cook it for longer. Now that it's had time to settle it seems to have given off a lot of fluid. I think I'm going to need to put it back in the saucepan and evaporate off some of the liquid :) It was very nice though, I hope you like it :)

Stacey - awww, don't worry hun! We all slip up sometimes. The allure of food is just too great on some occasions. You've got plenty of time between now and thursday to be really good :)

As for me...well, I've just done over 1 hour of solid dancing on Just Dance - I'm pooped!! This tells you how bad I am...the song I can actually dance best to is MC Hammer. Shows what a jerky mover I am!!! :8855:

And I am not impressed with the fitness test on Wii sports...it told me I have a fitness age of a 62 year old! :cry: Just because I can't return the balls in tennis, it didn't have to be so mean! ;)

Sian xxx

Awwww Alia, try not to be down. I know what it is like with a bad back, it is purely miserable. The simplest of things is agony!
If the doctor was right and it is only bruised it will hopefully feel better soon.
Chin up hun and just take things easy! Sometimes things knock us off our game but just stick in there and hopefully you'll be back to your usual self in no time :)

Have you got any painkillers? I know they usually don't even touch back pain, but they may help.

thanks hunney - I have to take a large cocktails of painkillers every day due to my back and joint problems so I've just been taking more through out the day to try to at least manage the pain a bit.

Awww Alia that sounds flipping horrible :( I've only ever hurt my back once and that was enough! Every movement was agony. I hope it gets better quick for you! xxx
QUOTE]

Thanks Bev - you are right back pain is awful. I suffer each and every day and I hope that with each pound I lose the pain will lessen - this is in addition to the regular pain I feel and I'd deffinately stick with the regular pain rather than this, it really takes my breath away each time it spasms, I will be so glad once this is gone :cry:

Good morning everyone :D

How are we all this morning? How's your back today Alia? I think you're right though, the pain (your regular pain) is sure to lessen with your continued weight loss.

It's flipping Monday again :( Back to work. The weekend sure does fly by! Looking forward to Friday already. :8855:

I didn't do any mins on the Wii yesterday - just couldn't be bothered :eek: lol I've been up since 5.15 this morning though, so in addition to taking the dogs walking for an hour I've managed to squeeze 30 mins on Wii fit this morning! I shall finish my challenge later today.......better late than never! :giggle: It's been hard fitting it in tbh, but I'm dead chuffed to have done so much ;)

Not looking forward to my WI this week either :( As you know (cos I keep banging on about it! lol) i'm changing from a morning WI to the evening one :( so I'm expecting to lose bugger all what with weighing more in the evening! :eek: I've been positively angelic with my eating this week though, so hopefully I might (fingers crossed) show a small loss, but I suppose I should be grateful if I STS.........but I won't be grateful at all! I shall be pretty pee'd off :8855:

I've had my hair cut, shaved my legs, plucked my eyebrows and cut my nails.........that's got to be at least 2 ounce gone! PMSL Only joking :giggle:

Right, my shower is calling so I'd best dash off and renovate myself for work.

Does anyone WI today? Sorry I just can't remember who has WI and when! I only remember my own and Capricorns :eek: lol Anyway, good luck to the Monday weighers (if there are any) and good luck for a fatastic week for everyone else :D

Have a good day everyone xxx

Last edited:
Gooooood Morning all

Alia -hope your pain eases up soon
Bev-don't worry about weigh in -at least you know what the problem is if you don't get the loss you deserve ;)Is the swap of class just a temporary thing? if so -just think ... you will get a bonus when you swap back to the morning weigh in :p.... oh and for your evening weigh in.... don't forget...
  • wear a bra with no wires
  • clothes with no buttons n zips
  • Go commando
  • don't wear your glasses (if you do) -just squint you will be fine :p
  • oohh and no jewellery
:8855: that might help a little :8855:
Dudette -I have found quite a lot of SW recipes -seem to have more liquid in than I use (so I reduce it) and also that quite a few things seem to "leak liquid" when they are left to stand -I think the tomatoes are often to blame....I can't stand it when you get puddles on your plate, so like you I bubble things down to reduce and thicken ;)
Oh and yesterday -the bleepin wii told me I was 69:8855:-just because the bleepin ball was being served behind me and I can't make my mii move can I :mad: --- today though on the wii fit body test Im only 22 :p

ChellB -mmmmm chimese -I love char sui pork ...oooohh and duck ....oh and spare ribs ..and noodles :8855:.... glad you enjoyed it -thats the main thing. I can't see there being many syns in what you picked anyway :D
X-stacey-X -from what you have listed, I don't think you have done any damage
Pinksparklybird-I will wait for your verdict on the salmon salad -I love salmon and liked the look of that salad -but I don't rate trout either...hope its yummy

well I have decided that my new recipes to try for the new challenge are:-
  • stuffed steak roll - from 100 original recipes -I will tweak it though :p
  • Caribbean Lamb -from 100 original recipes
  • Real McCoy quarter pounders-world of flavours
Im doing the 1/4 lb-ers tonight -and using a HealthyA so I can stuff them with 42g low fat cheddar :drool: -Im doing them with my 227g jacket and salad mmmmmm

Right I had better get off and get my melon n pineapple for brekkie before I start chewing the keyboard:eatdrink023:
Have a great day everyone..and don't forget -we are another day closer :party0019:

Good Morning Ladies!
I hope everyone else had a lovely weekend?
I have been fairly good this week eating wise, somedays hav been a little lazy with the superfree, although sometimes when i think i've been lazy with it, i think about what i've eaten and realise i havent been lazy with it, i just eat a lot more superfree with meals without realising now, does that make sense?!

I havent written an official meal plan for this week yet but have a few spare hours this morning so am hoping to do it then! As you say Capricorn, failing to plan is planning to fail!

Bev - Dont worry too much about switching to an evening class - easier said than done i know! If it going to make a difference, it would only be in the first week surely because every week after that, you are going from an evening weight anyway...if that makes any sense?!

Alia - Not sure that i have welcomed you yet! Been having a busy few weeks and have become a bit of a 'silent partner' on here! I'm sorry you've got back problems, but as you say, every pound off will hopefully improve that (after all, the doctors tell us everything is because we are overweight! ) and i hope we can support you on this board while you complete your journey :)

Got weigh in tonight....i'm a little apprehensive as usual but i am of the mind set now that nothing can change in just today, its the week of hard work which shows on the scales tonight and even if it doesnt show tonight, it will come off eventually, i want this weight to stay away forever so a long journey to me doesnt matter...plus a long journey means being able to chat with you lovely ladies more!!

Hope everyone is in good spirits today!
xxx

Hello Lovely Ladies

How are we all doing today?

I weighed in this morning and I've lost 4lb!!!!!! Sooooo chuffed with that. I was hoping for a decent loss as it was * week last week and only a 1lb loss after being so good was disappointing.

Good luck tonight with your Corsacar and anyone else weighing in today. You have a really good attitude to your loss and long term plan. It all pays off in the end and we just sometimes have to be prepared to wait.

Have a good day all. I'm off to Tesco at lunch to stock up on my food for the week xx

Morning all:).
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Welcome to ninno:welcome:.well done on your weight loss so far thats great:D.

Alia i hope your back is feeling a little easier today,back pain is very miserable,keep smiling hun.:)

Good luck to anyone who is wi today.

I'm looking through my books and magazines to pick 3 recipes that i'm going to try,i will post them later;)

well i know i sts this week and hopefully it's the monthly being late,but normally i would have had a blow out but im actually very pleased with myself because this time on sw my mind is in the right place and im very focused :D:D.
Have a great day all.xx

:talk017:well done chelleb ..I hope you did a little jig around the room :D

pinkies crossed for later corsacar :cross:
off to get on the wii ;)

well done chelleb that is fantastic.:clap:.
bev i liked your post about shaving your legs and cutting your toenails.made me:giggle:.

Good afternoon ladies!!

Loving the weight losses that I keep reading about on here.

My back is still killing me - can't seem to find a single position where I'm pain free but its deffinately more painful to sit than to stand so I've been keeping myself busy pottering doing odds and sods.

My husbands uncle came over from Iran a few days ago, first time he's been to the UK so the first time in our house. Iranian tradition is that they can't come empty handed so what did he bring?? The biggest bloody box of Ferrero Roche they do!! I was mortified, they are my most favourite chocolates but hey, here's looking at me Mrs Focused and I've not had one - the kids looked kind of confused last night when they asked for one and I was saying, sure, dont have one have 3 :eek: The sooner they are gone the better. Hubby really deserved a slap cause he put one in my face saying come on baby only one, one won't hurt :mad: he's rather nieve, he's yet to learn that I can't have just one!! Arggghhhh!! Think he got the message though cause this morning there is no sign of them, think he's taken them to work for his own personal safety!

Whats on the menu for every one tonight??? I'm having Asdas chick pea dahl with rice - completely free meal and very yummy too. Must admit the beef stroganoff that is cooking in the slow cooker smells much more appealing but I would n't like to even think how many syns are in it - I'm not even going to look cause if I do I'm sure I'll find a way to justify having a meal that has about 60 syns :8855:

My house is so quiet right now, all the big kids are at school and the little one is taking a napa - long time since he had an afternoon nap but I'm luving it. Everything is organised for dinner and the house work all done so I can just sit on here for a while and catch up on the posts I've missed.

Alia xxx

Hi Alia

What is it with folks eh!!!!! if we could stop at 1 ferrero roche -we wouldn't be here would we :8855:well done on the resisting :D-
Im not very good at moderation ..Im an all or nothing gal :p-Im 8 weeks into SW and have not had 1 bit of choc, sweets, cake, craips or anything...and Im not in the least bit bothered..but I know that 1 piece and away I go :eatdrink023:
I have made the burgers -and they look good so far -and taste it..when I make anything like that I always drop a small piece in a dry frying pan so i can check the seasoning is right ;)-I will post the recipe if they turn out as nice as I think they might -they have cheese in the middle too nomnomnom:D

Afternoon all:D

Well done on the losses and fingers crossed for everyone's WI's this week.

Alia, have you tried making 1 syn ferrero roche? There's a recipe in the recipe section but no idea what they're like. I doubt they compare well to the real things but might do if you're feeling desperate. I'm surprised you didn't slap your husband, mine wouldn't dare anymore. I can be a scary woman.:p

For tea tonight I have Joe's peppered chicken, if it's as good as the chinese pork I had the other day then yum. Green beans (my fav) and potato for a B. I'm feeling stuffed today but don't think I've actually eaten much-weird. I'm sure I'll squeeze tea in though. :rolleyes:

SOMEONE KICK ME!! 2 weeks now I haven't been swimming or to the gym. Holiday then decorating and finally husband went back to work today and rather than get back to normal I just came home. I'm such a fool. By the way, am I alone in feeling relieved when husband goes back to work after a holiday? Anymore than a few days and we drive each other crazy. 2 weeks it's been, don't know how we've survived. Hahaha we sound so loving don't we!

Anyway, off to clean the kitchen so I can move in there and fix tea.

xx

:asskick: there you go Laura :D..all that decorating sounds like a heck of a workout on its own ;)

My hubby breaks up for a week off tomorrow -but fortunately he has a golf competition on Thursday, sat and Sunday :D -I love being with him -but when he is just lolling around it drives me nuts... I have my routine and I like it that way :p

ooohhh your package should be posted on Monday -Hubby hasn't been able to get yet and its on camp -and I ain't lugging it all the way there -I would have to stop off at the medical centre on my way home :8855:

Hahaha thanks for the kick I've packed my bag to grab on the way out the door in the morning, no excuses!

Oooh I'm so excited about the package.:D You're such a sweetheart. Poor hubby having to lug it around but sounds like it's better to make him do it! The jellies are still sat here on my desk, packed up but have I remembered to go to the post office. NOOOOO.

There, just went and put them by the front door. Will post them before going into the gym tomorrow. I cleared the shelves in Sainsbury's so they should last you a while but I think someone had got there first so make sure to tell me when you need more.:)

If any of you haven't tried it yet, the SW Pizza using Smash as a Pizza Base is incredibly nice - I approached it with huge trepidation, but it was lovely :D

Hi Pink - is the recipe for that on the SW site? Must go and have a look - son is a pizza-freak!

Back