QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Evening all! Oooo, I sound like the resident Bobby! :D

Capricorn - I've just spotted your fish pie on another thread! It looks absolutely lush!!! :D Recipe please!! :)

Claire - I'm up for another challenge! My motivation starts to wane when I haven't got a challenge to get my teeth into :) Ooo, as for the local totty...you ought to see where I live hun, it's like an advert for OAPs!! :) I try my best, but cradle-snatching and grave-robbing are not my things! :)

Karen - have a fab time in Ireland hun! All that guinness would definitely be my downfall :D It would definitely keep you regular though, so might be worth indulging in the odd sniffter ;)

Patsy - you were very brave m'lovely, and hope you feel a bit better tomorrow. You'll be back on top form before you know it! :D

Sian xxx

ooops Patsy darling I forgot to mention you,
firstly welcome in the club of nicely tan people, haha,
secondly you did very well to just have a tiny gain after lovely holiday, maybe is just your peeling skin ( do you peel? I did a lot!! ha ha)
you will get rid off that naughty 2 pounds in no time!!!

Hiya hun,

Not peeling as yet but give it a day or two and I will start shedding like a snake. My skin seems to dry up something awfully once I get back to the English climate.

I'm not so sure it is going to stick at 2lb tho, I have come home from hospital ravenous and no SW food in so just had pizza! Done asda tho and that will be here in morning so back on the boat for me.

Thanks Sian,

But not sure about the brave, more like tit head! :8855:

But hey there is nothing good about growing old, so I will be fighting it every step of the way.

Time for sleep now, hopefully the mirror will have something better to say tomorrow.

Night my lovelies xxx

Right then you lovely ladies...how many of you have done red days? I'd like to try a few (need to cut down on my carbs!) but I'm stuck for ideas. I can't seem to get further than meat and salad, or meat and veg. As you know, I'm not a very creative cook! All suggestions gratefully received :) xxx

Evening everyone!

Well done to all reporting losses - I've missed so many pages of banter I can't catch up, but I know you will all be doing splendidly! :D

Patsy - hope you feel better in the morning sweetie! You're very brave going under the knife - I think I'd be too petrified of coming out looking like a Picasso! :eek:

Not having a good week on the SW front, as I've not got my son for this fortnight I have been catching up with lots of friends - unfortunately, all of them over dinner! :eek: So far this week I've been to the curry house twice :)eek:) and a friend cooked for me today too! She knew I was dieting, so it was reasonably good, but probably still about 15 syns! Don't think there's any chance of me losing this week, especially as I'm meeting some more friends for Tapas tomorrow night and then another girly friend for a harvester on friday!!! :D

Oh well, I'm just going to carry on trying to be as good as possible and face the consequences on Saturday at WI!

Right then you lovely ladies...how many of you have done red days? I'd like to try a few (need to cut down on my carbs!) but I'm stuck for ideas. I can't seem to get further than meat and salad, or meat and veg. As you know, I'm not a very creative cook! All suggestions gratefully received :) xxx

I'd be interested too Sian - I can never get my head round red days, I always think I'm going to feel deprived! Give me a huge plate of pasta any day!

I'd be interested too Sian - I can never get my head round red days, I always think I'm going to feel deprived! Give me a huge plate of pasta any day!

Haha! Yep, I know that feeling well! I can't stand being hungry, and seem to have this idea that red days won't fill me up! :)

Sian xxx

Morning girls...

I do just Red days and love em :D
Will be back after brekkie to post properly -ask away, and I will help if I can ;)

I do mainly red days too......although I have been chucking a few green days in here and there (that's another reason my losses have been smaller - carbs and me don't really get on, but I love them so I do them and if I lose slower, so be it - tis not a race after all :D) Will post more about my red days later (pushed for time atm)

Spanx - go with the flow chuck and enjoy catching up with your friends. Have a lovely time! The scales aren't going anywhere and will wait. lol We all have to have a social life (life would be pretty darn boring without it!) we can't live in a SW bubble until we're at target. Go out, have fun and continue to make wise choices, like you are doing.......that's how you'll maintain when you're at target - so just look upon it as a bit of practice :D :8855:

Patsy - Would that be PG Tips or Tetleys? :8855: And those quilts that are handmade by the Amish folk are very attractive.......so you must look ok :D lol Seriously, glad your back home all safe and well......but ROFL at you lying to your kids :eek: :8855: Don't blame you lass - the least they know, the less they can torment/blackmail you about! lol

Talking of lying to ones offspring...........*boring alert* I told my son I was planning on taking our boy dog to the hairdresses (like I've just taken the girl dog tee) to get him handstripped (he doesn't moult so from time to time it's neccessary to strip out all the dead fur and as it takes 4 hours, I haven't got the time or the inclination to do it myself - plus he runs off! lol) So anyway, he's a very timid dog and I my son thinks he might find being 'abandoned' at the hairdressers (after being dumped by his previous owners and ending up at a rescue centre) a bit too traumatic, so I've told him I'll stay with him and hold his paw for 4 hours :eek::eek: I dunno how I'll explain the bags of shopping when we get back (from town) though! :8855:

Karen - have a fab time in Ireland! Like I said to Spanx - the scales will wait and we can't live in a SW bubble. Enjoy yourself sweetheart and have a few drinks for me.........although I've enough on processing my own quota! :8855:

Capricorn - I made a fish pie the other day using your cheese sauce recipie (I've never made it that way in my life - always used butter, flour etc - but I was more than pleasantly surprised.....it was flipping lush! That's now my way of making it forever more, so thanks for that one! I had to laugh though - I told a friend at work and she said "that's how I always make it" Grrrrrrrrrrr she could have told me years ago! :8855:

Hope you're feeling more 'upbeat' and positive now Corsacar......where are you btw :confused:

Louise - hope the move is going well.

Flipping heck - I can't remember anything else, and I know I've missed folks. Big sorry - tis mi age ya know! lol

Oooo Capricorn, did you get any new togs?? I'm gutted btw - my fave denim skirt is now falling down :( I've tried washing it on the hottest wash and then drying it in a red hot dryer to shrink it.........all to no avail :( Oh well, tis a good excuse to find myself another fave! lol

Right, must dash, get some clothes on and bog off to work.

Have a good day everyone. xxx

Good morning all :)

sian i do red and green days hun,i'm not a very creative cook,since starting sw i have been experimenting more though,i have never done an ee day as of yet because when i done sw last time before i had my son it wasn't out so i have just stuck with red and green.ask any questions you like hun:).

karen have a great time in ireland enjoy :).

patsy great to see you had a nice hol,nice to see you back hun:).glad all went well for you yesterday,hope you will be feeling brighter later:).

spanx enjoy the times with your friends,i agree we do still need a life whilst being on sw or life would be a total bore:eek: we can still be on sw and make the right choices:).

claire i'm also up for a new challenge what are we thinking of?

onwards and downwards
xx

Ok girls, this is the 3rd time i have typed this message! first time, my lappy crashed, second time i got over excited and deleted it...please let it work this time!!!

Ok, good morning campers!!!

House is coming along nicely, moving in fri! bbq sat so any nice sw recipes/ideas gratefully received! thanks for all the speedy decorating wishes from you lovelies!

Ooh good luck with your boys bedroom kasia, i have gone for teal in the living room, teal and black in the kitchen and our bedroom is grey/slate and white. THe bathroom is also plain white, like a loony cell, but i prefer it that way, but with some nice grey towels/bathmat/decorative strip of tiles etc! havent done the spare bedrooms yet, but i am going for cath kidston in one of them i think!

Patsy, glad the proceedure went well and that your home safely. You are a brave lady, i am a wimp! ....funny that im a nurse isnt it!!! your excuses to your family had me giggling away!!!

spanx are you enjoying some time to yourself or are you counting down the hours!!! dont worry about the meals etc, you deserve a break hun so relax and try and be as sw friendly as you can!

Karen have a fab time in ireland, oooh i do love it there, beware of the price of drinks though of a night, they are extortionate in some places! take piccies!!!

Capricorn, oooh shopping, i like your style muahahah! hubby will be sorry! they are not 3/4 length, but have you tried them magic jeans, supposed to suck tummy in, lift butt up and shape the thighs? they are a lovely cut, hopefully gonna get me some next month!!!

Claire, well done on not getting dominos. We had dominos last week, texas bbq, omg, it was lush!!! i am defo up for a challenge, i have still got fishy week to do, but not starting it just yet! il put my thinking cap on! what do oreos taste like? i havent tried em yet!

Bev, good luck trying to convince your son that you stayed with the pet pooch!!! dont blame you though for getting some shopping time in!!! get yourself a nice new skirt! i have tried the same trick as you though, washing things on boil and tumble drying for a week to try and shrink them....i have also been known to have certain exercises that i used to do to try and squeeze myself into my jeans though too!!! used to give the hubby a chuckle seeing me squatting into my jeans like a new zealand rugby player!!!

Surreygal, how are you getting on? well done on the losses, your all doing fabuloso!!! I need to get back to my former sw glory, been so hectic last few weeks that havent been as strict with myself, so only been losing small amounts. So started from today being angelic again, i want to get into 16 stone bracket, and have been hovering around 17.2 for two weeks! so i WILL get that off in the next fortnight! latest.

Sian, how did your move go? was your landlady ok when you left? enjoy your new pad hunny. any moves on sexy mathematician Alan? tee hee, cant believe you phoned him at 1am!!! maybe you talked duuuurty to him and made him blush!!! couldnt imagine you doing that at all actually, i reckon your really sweet and angelic, and naughty sian just comes on here sometimes!!! all this from teachers eh...who would have thought it!!!

Im really sorry to anyone i have missed!

Challenge ideas ladies.....roll up roll up, lets do something starting in the next week for a fortnight.

We could do:

Exercise challenge - i enjoyed them
Superfree challenge - set no. of superfrees to aim to shove in over the day!
Try something new - more recipes etc
Some form of Wii challenge could be fun too!

xxx

Afternoon all

well Im a happy bunny this morning :bliss:after the 3/4 jeans faff -yesterday I thought I would try and figure out what size I am"ish" ready for my shopping trip with hubby :sign0151:...
so I decided to try on my 3/4 black jeans (that I last shoe-horned myself into 2 years ago) thought I could guesstimate from there and well bless my soul if they didn't blinkin fit :bunnydance: -now the jeans I last got were a 56 :eek: uk26-ish ...so when I went shopping I was looking for 50s -uk 22-ish and bloomin eck the jeans I got on yesterday were 44s -uk18-ish. So spurred on by that little gem I thought I would try on the really nice long black skirt I had for my sisters funeral another 18 *just in case the lable in my jeans were wrong* ;) and that fits too :giggle:..ooohhh and they are both fixed waistbands -no elastic :D
THEN to top it all I have just tried on some lovely boots I have had yonks -never could get the zip all the way up over my calves-and they bloody zip up :eek: -now I just need to find my fave pair of boots (redy/burgundy crocodile skin affairs:rotflmao:)to see if they zip all the way up too :bliss:
Ok thats my ridiculous self appretiation done :eek:

Hellooooo ladies :D

Losc-that decorating sounds very designer and stylish -Tres chic indeedy :clap:
I have just googled magic jeans £99 :eek:-I would want a little man following me around checking all my fat was poked in for that much :rotflmao:.... It does make me wonder why someone of a size 8 would need em though :confused:
Bev - glad you liked the cheese sauce :D. I used to prefer the roux way -but to be honest I can't tell much difference now -I do reckon that the dollop of English mustard helps as it makes the cheese taste much stronger -without the cals :party0049:. Cauliflower cheese here I come :drool:
Isn't it amazing -we now want to shrink our togs and can't and yet pre-SW I just know that my washing machine used to shrink all my clothes :whistle:
Spanx -enjoy your break Mrs -sounds like catching up with friends is doing you the world of good :happy036:
Sian -I now find red days easier than EE - you get to heA+Bs for a start :D. When I first started and I had to weigh 198g of new potatoes I thought it would be tiddly -BUT it was more than I was giving myself on EE. If you get stuck -just yell, Im sure we can sort it out between us ;). oohhh I have put the fish pie recipe on my diary and on the fish thread.
Patsy -hope you are recovering well...
claire - I like 3/4 trousers as they finish just past the widest part of my calf -I have decent ankles -but the rest of my legs wouldn't look out of place on a Russian shot putter :p *male not female*. I have noticed quite a difference recently -but I think its more down to the exercising.
oh -claire -on the shopping for your holidays -it might be worth looking on www.bonprix.co.uk they have quite a lot of stuff in the sales,,,

right -after all that jabber Im off to catch up... have a lovely day everyone :D

Oh bugger, bugger, bugger... I did my two page open trick to reply to you all and when I hit the send button it said I had logged on after the reply, so hit the back button. I did and the bugger had gone. Grrrrrrrrr... it was a right old page full too. :mad:

Right... I'm going from bottom to top...

Capricorn... I did say...

Whey hey... all those clothes of old fitting you, you are well on your way. Really pleased for you hun, you work so hard at it you deserve all the rewards you get. Well done hunnie. x

Could you put up the cheese sauce everyone is raving about, I fancy that with a load of veg for tea. Thanks

Losc...

I'm not brave love I just need to grow up! :8855:My OH thinks I am round the twist but he says if he said no! he would just come home to a note on the fridge...
(In hospital collect when you get home xxx) I guess after 30 some years he knows me well :8855:

Thanks patsy :D..

for the cheese sauce I do:-
  • 200ml semi (from heA) -or 4 syns
  • 4tsp cornflour (4)-let down with a drop of the cold milk
  • 1 heaped tsp English mustard
  • 84g low fat mature cheddar (2 heA)
  • seasoning
  1. warm the milk in a small pan
  2. add the cornflour mix and stir over a gentle heat until thickened -don't try and cook it too quickly as it goes gloopy and tastes starchy ;)
  3. add the mustard and stir until blended
  4. throw in the cheese and melt
  5. season
Now that does both of us so it comes at 2syns 1heA and part of a heA (for the milk) -
the English mustard makes it more cheesywithout using loads of cheese.
Hope you like it....

Patsy - Would that be PG Tips or Tetleys? :8855: And those quilts that are handmade by the Amish folk are very attractive.......so you must look ok :D lol Seriously, glad your back home all safe and well......but ROFL at you lying to your kids :eek: :8855: Don't blame you lass - the least they know, the less they can torment/blackmail you about! lol

Talking of lying to ones offspring...........*boring alert* I told my son I was planning on taking our boy dog to the hairdresses (like I've just taken the girl dog tee) to get him handstripped (he doesn't moult so from time to time it's neccessary to strip out all the dead fur and as it takes 4 hours, I haven't got the time or the inclination to do it myself - plus he runs off! lol) So anyway, he's a very timid dog and I my son thinks he might find being 'abandoned' at the hairdressers (after being dumped by his previous owners and ending up at a rescue centre) a bit too traumatic, so I've told him I'll stay with him and hold his paw for 4 hours :eek::eek: I dunno how I'll explain the bags of shopping when we get back (from town) though! :8855:

It would be Earl Grey darling...:8855:

Shame on you leaving that pooch all on his own while you shop! I hope he has a woof in your sons ear when he gets home :8855:My fibs are for the good of man kind I will have you know.

As you can tell I'm feeling much better as the day goes on. The mirror is not playing along though. I'm a nice shade of blue at the moment, green will be on its way soon I guess. :8855:

Hope you dream house is still waiting for you hun, fingers crossed. x

Thanks patsy :D..

for the cheese sauce I do:-
  • 200ml semi (from heA) -or 4 syns
  • 4tsp cornflour (4)-let down with a drop of the cold milk
  • 1 heaped tsp English mustard
  • 84g low fat mature cheddar (2 heA)
  • seasoning
  1. warm the milk in a small pan
  2. add the cornflour mix and stir over a gentle heat until thickened -don't try and cook it too quickly as it goes gloopy and tastes starchy ;)
  3. add the mustard and stir until blended
  4. throw in the cheese and melt
  5. season
Now that does both of us so it comes at 2syns 1heA and part of a heA (for the milk) -
the English mustard makes it more cheesywithout using loads of cheese.
Hope you like it....

Thanks hun... thats great. Because I do EE I only have one heA so how many sins do you think I should count for it?

Evening all! Just popping in to say Hi and I haven't abandoned you - just having a really busy week! Will hopefully be back later for a proper catch-up! x

Hey spanx hunnie bun...

Not had a cheeky night with you for ages lol:8855:

Well I ended up with spag bol for tea... only had half a dozen spoons-full and sacked it off. Just didn't feel like it once it was made. Had a few strawbs with fromage and thats my menu for today!

Think the anesthetic is messing my appetite up. Well that or it could be the pain killers, OR... I was starving yesterday and ate a whole pizza when i came home, it could be that bugger laid in the bottom of my stomach!:8855:

Been sooooooooo bored today, no faithy:cry: and confined to barracks. :(
*laughing here* I put the frown up and just realized, I cant frown anymore... the Botox wont let me! :8855:

Back