QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

thank God for half term!

Evening Everyone.:)
Hope everyone has had a good day.
Welcome tatws,wish you luck on your weight loss journey hun.:)
Hope you have a good day starting on a new ward tommorrow losc.
xx

good luck to everyone this week be they on holiday or working hard!

Thanks for the support ladies, I feel wayyyyy better already!! To be honest, I feel better...like cleaner on the inside, if that makes sense? Going a couple of weeks without oil and heaps of fat/sugar has really made a difference despite my minor setbacks. I've done my food shop and have nice full cupboards bursting with healthy stuff for the week ahead.

Welcome Tatws, lovely to have you! :wavey:

Ooh, put me down for 5 hours on the exercise challenge, I'm aiming for a daily evening walk, maybe some steps, a DVD and weights or good old fashion dancing! :D

Good Morning everyone :D

Day one of the exercise challenge and I'm raring to go! lol Been up since 5.30 :eek: and already taken the dogs for an hours romp. I do love my early morning walks :D Ready for some grub now!

Welcome to the team Tatws (I'd best pay attention when I'm typing your name :eek: lol) it's good to have you. Good luck on your weightloss journey :D

Best of luck starting on a new ward today Louise...........let us know how dishy the doctors are! :8855:

So we've got two teachers (to brain pick :D) a trained chef (for cookery hints and tips) and a Nurse (to fix us when we fall off our Wii boards lol). What does everyone else do? I'm an accountant............with a sense of humour I might add! lol I always wanted to be a Nurse actually - I wanted to join the forces and travel the world being a nurse (pmsl) but by the time I was old enough to join I was too flipping fat! So I went number crunching instead.........not alot of difference eh? :8855:

Right I'm away for my breakfast. Have a fab day everyone xxx

Morning Bev and all that follow

I have done 30mins on the wii this morning and just had brekkie (weetabix mmmmmmm), Im concocting a chilli pork stir-fry for tonight, and lunch is ham salad ;)

I need to get a meal plan done today -and then a shopping list -we are nipping tomorrow evening -it was going to be today, but I don't need that much so it can wait :D...
I think my main activity today will be getting some more done on my x-stitch - and some more time on the wii of course :p
Hope everyone has a good day ...

Good morning everyone :)

And Hello and welcome to tatws :)

Well its WI today, not looking forward to it but i'll just cross my fingers! I feel very bloated this week and have been having um..toilet troubles :rolleyes: so i really don't know what will happen tonight!

Sorry to lower the tone but has anyone else had troubles along the same lines?! It seems to come and go since i have been on SW, think its just the massive change in diet but i would have thought that it would have resolved itself by now?

Losc - can i be out down for 6 hours for the mini challenge please? only because i have a lot on at the moment and want it to be acheiveable!

Hope you lot are all positive and slimming away :)
xxxx

Morning corsacar

Are you getting enough water? that should make a difference....and a glass of warm water with lemon juice in every morning is said to "help"
I drink 3-4.5lt of water a day and start my day with lemon juice in warm water-it isn't as bad as you think ;)-in fact I miss it if I don't have it in a morning -it really wakes you up... (i read the other day that it is also suposed to help regulate your appetite :D)
I have to say that I "go" after every meal -I have the digestive system of a greyhound -unfortunately I don't have the metabolic rate to match :8855:
Nearly forgot-good luck for weigh in...Im sure you will be fine,,,,

Hey Capricorn!
How are you today? Thankyou for replying...I realise it isn't the nicest thing to speak about on a Monday morning! :/
I drink about 6 pints a day of water or sugar free squash, maybe I should up it? I thought eating so much fruit and veg would have the opposite effect as to what I am having!
How much lemon juice to water do you have? I think I shall try that! Anything to stop me getting so bloated!
Thankyou for your encouragement although I don't hold much hope as feel like a blown up balloon!
Xxx

Hi Corsacar,
Im fine thanks -even if the weather is grim :(
They say 1/2 a lemon -I just use a 1/4 -squeeze the juice into a small cup and then drop the wedge in too -pour on boiling water and just let it cool a little... the 1st couple of times its a bit :eek: first thing in a morning -but now I love it...
I have always eaten loads of fruit n veg and it has "no effect" on me at all :confused:-I have the constitution of a donkey :8855:.... I always thought I was "odd" "going" after every meal -until I watched "you are what you eat" and she said you should do that :p
Bloating is horrid isn't it... I have noticed that I don't seem to get it quite as bad as I used too...
I hope you don't get a disappointed today -just remember its bloating so it doesn't mean you have done anything wrong...its just how our systems work :mad:

Morning all!

I've weighed in and it isn't good news, but I'm not as down about it as I thought I'd be. I've gained 2lbs :(, but I'm looking on the bright side, my scales still fit, I'm still 2lbs down from max capacity and I'm writing up my meal and exercise plan for the week. I'm okay as long as I plan ahead and keep focussed. My son has a Wii, I played tennis on it once and couldn't lift my arm for 2 days afterwards :D. We don't have Wii fit, not sure what the capacity of the Wii board is.

Hope everyone is well, despite this dreary looking weather! In terms of what I do, I'll say I have a job and a career aspiration...I work as admin support in a university arts faculty, but my passion is screenwriting and digital art. :D

I was going to ask - does anybody work out with an iPod? I'm trying to put some playlists together for my walks and hopefully get some new music ideas :).

Good morning all :D

So good to log on here this morning and have so many posts to read! It feels like I've not been on for ages!

It was WI this morning and I lost the 2lb I was looking for. That is my 1.5 stone now :D Really pleased as I have found this week hard.

Anyway, my parents have just left now and it hasn't been so disasterous. Foodwise has been brilliant, even went out for a meal yesterday and ordered a salad and then fruit for afters....I've never done that before, ever. Exercise though has almost been non-existent, so looking forward to getting on with the exercise challenge today.

I thought I'd replied already about my target. Can you put me down for 800 mins. Think that should be doable, especially if I get a head start on it today.

Sorry Christiana that your WI didn't go to plan, but I'm glad you're still feeling positive. Doing a food and exercise plan is really going to help. I'm going to do mine this afternoon too.

Corsacar, I know exactly what you mean. I get the same problem on and off and like you I would have thought the amount of fruit and veg I'm now eating would have had the opposite effect! Strange isn't it. I hope you WI pleasantly suprises you. Let us know.

Carpicorn, really must be a Notts saying then. Nice to have a fellow midlander on here.

Bev I'm an accountant too! It's funny, I always feel like I have to make a comment about being funny and having a life after I tell people what I do! We have such a bad boring image lol

Anyway, I'm sure there is loads I was going to reply to but I'll be here all day and I need to get exercising while daughter is snoozing. Will post again later.

Have a good day all xxx

Last edited:
Good afternoon all.:)

Hope everyone is having a good bank holiday.
well done on your loss chelleb thats great.:D:D
Christina good for you for not letting it get you down for a little gain,im sure you will pull it back:):).Im also going to do some meal plans today.With regards to exercise i play on the wii i play tennis,table tennis,its still exercise,i know how you feel the other day i played sword play with my son and i tell you my arm was killing me and the next morning lol.yep i use an ipod good old dancing around the lounge with a duster makes dusting more interesting:D:D but it all helps.
Have a good day all.xx

Hi ladies, how is everyone today, so nice to see so many posts that i can have a nosey through! Chelle, well done on your loss! 1.5 stone gone for good! you did tell me your target i think, i just forgot to add it to the list! ooops sorry!

Christiana, fab attitude, 2lbs will be off in no time, and its prob only water at this stage anyway! so dont worry hun.

Bev, wow your an accountant! that surprises me.....cos you do have a cracking sense of humour!!! i used to be an estate agent and you know what reputations they have.... i was a nice honest one though! Had a great day on my new ward, one of my patients died though, which really saddened me. I have dealt with a number of deaths so i dont know why it made me so sad today, think it was seeing his poor wife.

But anyway, i dont want to depress anyone, let keep it up girlies we are well and truly on our way! I have updated the challenge list, will keep just going back to page 19/20/21 (one of those) and editing it, save copy and pasting it all the time!| have a wonderful afternoon xx

Ps. Christiana, i work out with my ipod. I love music, and have such a variety on my ipod. I LOVE rod stewart. I really love him! i also live billy joel, beyonce, i love alicia keyes too, and i have loads of songs by gloria gaynor, gladys night and the pips etc(they make me run faster). My training songs though are a mix of them all, and also bonnie tyler, chicago, direstraits, i also adore the eagles! oh and dont get me started on my neil diamond collection.songs which make me sing along usually make me exercise harder!

and good luck to corsacar at tonights WI, go girlie, you will be fine! let us know how you get on hun xx

Last edited:
Well ladies, it was another 2.5 lbs off this week, very pleased with that, only another 2 lb to go and then i get my 1 1/2 stone.
I did have an odd moment tonight at class...my mum lost 4 lbs and swore it was only because i had helped her and my consultant said that i was such an inspiration and that they had some opportunities opening and was i interested so i said...yes! haha! i'm going to some sort of recruitment thing soon, shes going to phone me with details.
I know some of you probably think that its too early to start doing this and i did ask if i needed to be close to a target weight and she said not at all and that was the beauty of SW!
I feel like im mad but at the same time so excited, i've decided to change my life and i would love to encourage others :)
I hope you all dont think i've completely lost it! Havent seen the OH yet to discuss it with him! :/

How is everyone today?
xxxx

Evening all! Corsacar - that's an excellent weight loss hun, well done you! :D

Well...I'm not doing very well with our exercise challenge so far :( Even attempting exercise makes me realise how much I hate it! :cry: I think I was definitely over-ambitious with my exercise target!!! :(

I tried doing some crunches earlier - must be doing them wrong as my back is worse than before, lol!! Trying to find exercises to do in a space the size of a matchbox is hard!!!

Sian xxx

unfortuantely I didnt get started today coz classes were posponed ntil tomorrow ggrrr but Im going back and Im going to get started!
Some fab weight losses here ladies, Im inspired.

Back